• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Stainless Night] 1

We have
z5XGFGVl.jpg
Pseudo sci-fi complete with amnesia set in THE FUTURE (that was three years ago)
Onee-samas
Attempted rape (and also implied)
NTR (of sorts)
Slice of Life
And Automaton/Human Lesbian Sex complete with
artificial penises for the pleasure of the girls

Sakuga :sdburton. If only 7th were here...

Thoraxes

[Stainless Night] 1

We have

Pseudo sci-fi complete with amnesia set in THE FUTURE (that was three years ago)

Onee-samas

NTR (of sorts)

Slice of Life

It gets better.

Hattori

Banned
Mature - yes I am a Detective Conan fan! thanks for the link it's exactly what I was looking for

Yami4ct - I would say about year this month since I strayed from anime watching. (I kinda burnt out)

hosannainexcelsis - thanks

cajunator - lol too late, that ship has sailed

fertygo

RahXephon 12

Another fantastic horror episode, its creep the hell out of me.. and dem mech sakuga. RIP Bones.

And at preview WTF ARE YOU DOING CUNT PROFESSOR, ONLY AYATO THAT CAN FUCK HARUKA.. SCREW OFF.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hello AnimeGaf, first time posting here x)

I've started to get burned out playing MH, and have really no games to look forward to other than Animal Crossing so I thought I would get back into anime to past the time.

I want to know recommendations on must watch shows that I've missed out on. (haven't really kept up with it until the spring season)

Welcome! Here's some shows I think you should check out:

Re: Cutie Honey
Simoun
Hidamari Sketch
Maria Holic
Smile Precure
Heartcatch Precure
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Teekyu
Yuyushiki
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Girls und Panzer

[Stainless Night] 1

Certainly a show worth the punishment. #yolo

yami4ct

What? School Days is cool. I wouldn't recommend it to someone getting back into anime but it was a fun watch.

School Days is an experience. I had a crap ton of fun with it, but it's a madness that should be carefully descended into after a while. It must be prepared for.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
madp's highly subjective BEST STUFF OF THE PAST ~6 SEASONS list:

Action

Accel World
Attack on Titan
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Code:Breaker
Fate/Zero
Hells
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Comedy

Daily Lives of High School Boys
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Humanity Has Declined
Ixion Saga DT
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Valvrave the Liberator

Drama

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Fate/Zero
From the New World
Hyouka
Kids on the Slope
Space Bros.
Suisei no Gargantia
Tsuritama
Wolf Children Ame and Yuki

Mecha

Rinne no Lagrange S1 (avoid S2)
Valvrave the Liberator

Romance

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Kids on the Slope
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Slice of Life/Moe

Love Live! School Idol Project
Tamako Market
Yuyushiki

Sports

Chihayafuru S1/S2

I've started to get burned out playing MH, and have really no games to look forward to other than Animal Crossing so I thought I would get back into anime to past the time.

I want to know recommendations on must watch shows that I've missed out on. (haven't really kept up with it until the spring season)

Sora no Woto and I second Hidamari Sketch.

cajunator

Banned
[Stainless Night] 1

We have

Onee-samas

NTR (of sorts)

Slice of Life

This is making me want to watch hentai.
because reasons.
and yuri.

Mature - yes I am a Detective Conan fan! thanks for the link it's exactly what I was looking for

Yami4ct - I would say about year this month since I strayed from anime watching. (I kinda burnt out)

hosannainexcelsis - thanks

cajunator - lol too late, that ship has sailed

Yes. It was a nice boat wasn't it?

fertygo

Fate/Zero
Hunter X Hunter 2011
Tsuritama
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
Kuroko's Basketball

I believe those not need some sort of acquired taste to watch at all.

cajunator

Banned

Action

Accel World
Attack on Titan
Fate/Zero
Hells
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Comedy

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Humanity Has Declined
Ixion Saga DT
Valvrave the Liberator

Drama

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Fate/Zero
From the New World
Hyouka
Kids on the Slope
Space Bros.
Suisei no Gargantia
Tsuritama

Mecha

Valvrave the Liberator

Romance

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Kids on the Slope
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Slice of Life

Hyouka
Yuyushiki

Sports

Chihayafuru S1/S2

I dont see Steins;Gate. A rather glaring omission.

Syrinx

Bakemonogatari 5

This was kinda confusing.
So Mayoi was already dead, and she was an apparition walking the earth? And her "home" was a vacant lot (I might have chalked that up to the rezoning, but Mayoi had a distinct reaction indicating that this was where she knew she had to be)? And I don't quite get why Hitagi couldn't see her but Koyomi and Hanezawa could.

Hitagi is the best part of this show. Her conversations with Koyomi are the highlights of every episode. Now
Hitagi has confessed her love for him.
Hope their conversations are still the same as before, but I feel they will.

wonzo

Banned

Angel's Egg

angelegg.jpg

Dennou Coil

dennocoil.jpg

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still

giantroboova.jpg

Kenya Boy

kenyaboy.jpg

MAD BULL 34

madbull341b.jpg

Mushi-shi

mushishi.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena

utenadvd.png

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse

utenaadolescence.jpg

RIDING BEAN

RIDINGBEANr.jpg

Sword of the Stranger

swordotstranger.jpg

Time of Eve ONA & Movie

timeofeve3.jpg

Trapeze aka Kuuchuu Buranko

trapeze.jpg

You Are Umasou Movie

umasou.jpg

yami4ct

Action

Accel World
Attack on Titan
Fate/Zero
Hells
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Comedy

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Humanity Has Declined
Ixion Saga DT
Valvrave the Liberator

Drama

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Fate/Zero
From the New World
Hyouka
Kids on the Slope
Space Bros.
Suisei no Gargantia
Tsuritama

Mecha

Valvrave the Liberator

Romance

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Kids on the Slope
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Slice of Life

Yuyushiki

Sports

Chihayafuru S1/S2

Accel World is on here and Hunter x Hunter is not. If that doesn't invalidate this list, I don't know what does.

(I kid, I kid)

cajunator

Banned
Bakemonogatari 5

This was kinda confusing.
So Mayoi was already dead, and she was an apparition walking the earth? And her "home" was a vacant lot (I might have chalked that up to the rezoning, but Mayoi had a distinct reaction indicating that this was where she knew she had to be)? And I don't quite get why Hitagi couldn't see her but Koyomi and Hanezawa could.

Hitagi is the best part of this show. Her conversations with Koyomi are the highlights of every episode. Now
Hitagi has confessed her love for him.
Hope their conversations are still the same as before, but I feel they will.

Hitagi is THE REASON why Bakemonagatari is awesome.
Nise is worse because she isnt in it much.

My timeframe was Winter 2012-present.

I dont remember when it aired.
you are forgiven <3

Sucks to be you! I find the rapid fire comedy is exactly why it works. I love the little gags like the words rising above suzi`s head to indicate her position. I'm less enamored of the 4 koma jokes than I am the subjokes that surround them. And the cast, of course.

Eh, I guess if I watched more the characters could grow on me. Is there a certain point where they became endearing to you or did things just click for you really quickly? I also just want to be clear that I love the rapid comedy in things like Gag Manga Biyori or (only in some parts) Excel Saga but SYD seemed too formulaic or transparent. I don't know it might just come to different tastes in humor.

I'm not really particular, I'm open watching to any genre. (big DC and Lupin fan if that helps)

Eh, without further details we're just going to bombard you with quality stuff. I'll just toss Baccano and Little Witch Academia to the pile for ya.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Accel World is on here and Hunter x Hunter is not. If that doesn't invalidate this list, I don't know what does.

(I kid, I kid)

The completionist in me demands that I watch the original series before I tackle the new one. I'd make an exception if I hadn't been told that, given my love of evil/psychopathic clowns, the original Hisoka is pretty much guaranteed to be my favorite character ever.

duckroll

Arpeggio of Blue Steel staff:

Director: Seiji Kishi (Humanity has Declined, Devil Survivor 2, Danganronpa)
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu (Humanity has Declined, Devil Survivor 2, Danganronpa)
Music: Masato Koda (Monster Hunter games)
Animation Production: Sanzigen (009 Re:Cyborg)

yami4ct

The completionist in me demands that I watch the original series before I tackle the new one. I'd make an exception if I hadn't been told that, given my love of evil/psychopathic clowns, the original Hisoka is pretty much guaranteed to be my favorite character ever.

Really, at this point don't bother. The original does the first couple arcs better, but anything Yorkshin or later the new series blows away. Also, I think any form of Hisoka will become your favorite character. The new VA and how he's portrayed on the show work really well for me. He also happens to be my favorite character, as demonstrated by my avatar.

Hattori

Banned
thank you guys, this is such a welcoming community x)

I've watched most of the classic and old stuff, it's mostly the newer ones this past year that I've missed out on

cajunator

Banned
Arpeggio of Blue Steel staff:

Director: Seiji Kishi (Humanity has Declined, Devil Survivor 2, Danganronpa)
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu (Humanity has Declined, Devil Survivor 2, Danganronpa)
Music: Masato Koda (Monster Hunter games)
Animation Production: Sanzigen (009 Re:Cyborg)

Whats thiiiis?

I don't know if I'd call Tonari a "best".

...wait a second.

...yes I would.

Someone get Natsume's seiyuu in more roles. For the love of god!

Ezalc

Alright anime GAF I need you and your knowledge of anime among other things is my only hope. Basically the only thing I need is any sort of anime/comic/manga/movie/game that has a large enough corporation that holds some sort of influence over a country's politics. Any successful one will do. I can't seem to think of any good examples, please and thank you!

wonzo

Banned
Alright anime GAF I need you and your knowledge of anime among other things is my only hope. Basically the only thing I need is any sort of anime/comic/manga/movie/game that has a large enough corporation that holds some sort of influence over a country's politics. Any successful one will do. I can't seem to think of any good examples, please and thank you!
KAIJI

duckroll

It seems the Arpeggio site and PV will go up on the 30th. That's this Thursday. I hope this isn't the other Summer noitaminA show! :p

yami4ct

Doesn't Anaheim Electronics have major political clout in the gundam UC world? Also, the Vist Foundation in Unicorn has a massive amount of political power.

Hitagi is THE REASON why Bakemonagatari is awesome.
Nise is worse because she isnt in it much.

Hitagi is fantastic but Nise had a lot issues that Bake doesn't. Less Hitagi is just one of many reasons why it was disappointing.

Also does this mean you have zero hype for Kizumonogatari which will feature zero Hitagi at all?

Moe battleship, lets go!

But if Moe girls are the ships then who are the ports?!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Really, at this point don't bother. The original does the first couple arcs better, but anything Yorkshin or later the new series blows away. Also, I think any form of Hisoka will become your favorite character. The new VA and how he's portrayed on the show work really well for me. He also happens to be my favorite character, as demonstrated by my avatar.

You make a strong argument. I tell you what: I'll try to get in a couple of episodes per week until I'm caught up; hopefully that pace will naturally accelerate as a result of me enjoying the show.

I don't know if I'd call Tonari a "best".

...wait a second.

...yes I would.

Trust me, I wish that last year had enough good romances that I wouldn't have to list something as flawed as Tonari.
yeah, I omitted AnoNatsu from my list! Ichika sux!

Narag

CHOAM in Dune but that's a larger scope than what you're after, I guess.

Edit: It's a book too which you didn't specify. I've failed you, Ezalc.

Dresden

atEEX6U.jpg

Lucky Star 01

IlctkZYl.jpg

MAYONNAISE!

This wasn't bad. I mean it is cute girls doing something, but I did like what they were talking about and it was pretty cool to see what was talked about in the beginning being talked about at the end of the episode. It was pretty tame with the subject material but does seem to have hints of branching out especially with the anime watching talk.

yami4ct

You make a strong argument. I tell you what: I'll try to get in a couple of episodes per week until I'm caught up; hopefully that pace will naturally accelerate as a result of me enjoying the show.

The new series takes a bit to get on its feet. The Hunter Exam arc, the first arc, has some weird censorship that the later arcs completely ditch. If you haven't read the manga or seen the original, it shouldn't bother you that much anyway. The base story is strong enough to carry the show through the rough patches. Once you hit Yorkshin, 4th arc, it's smooth sailing and only gets better.

Hi all. I've been anxiously waiting to get accepted after hearing about this place from a few good friends (and stalking this thread). My main genre preference is magical girls, but I can enjoy mostly anything (my favorite anime in existence is Baccano! actually). I'm not all that up to date with anime, but I hope I can change that. The shows I'm currently watching are: Dokidoki Precure, Haiyore! Nyarko-san W, Darker than Black, Mushi-Shi, and eventually I'm going to start Nanoha StrikerS.

Hi all. I've been anxiously waiting to get accepted after hearing about this place from a few good friends (and stalking this thread). My main genre preference is magical girls, but I can enjoy mostly anything (my favorite anime in existence is Baccano! actually). I'm not all that up to date with anime, but I hope I can change that. The shows I'm currently watching are: Dokidoki Precure, Haiyore! Nyarko-san W, Darker than Black, Mushi-Shi, and eventually I'm going to start Nanoha StrikerS.

You're not going to hear the end of the StrikerS criticism around here, but welcome aboard nonetheless!

Defuser

Asobi ni Iku Yo 12 (END)

So while making a rocket out of some sort of miracle science-magic to warp to another dimension to rescue the main neko-fleet,
all three main competitors confess their love with a smooch so even Kio can understand (HAREM END YESU) and Kio fucking alters his DNA to become a cat person.
I still feel it could have been more ridiculous/dumb, but I guess this will do.

I warned you guys how fucking dumb the MC is especially ep 12.

cajunator

Banned
Hitagi is fantastic but Nise had a lot issues that Bake doesn't. Less Hitagi is just one of many reasons why it was disappointing.

Also does this mean you have zero hype for Kizumonogatari which will feature zero Hitagi at all?

But if Moe girls are the ships then who are the ports?!

ZERO.
Hitagi Senjougahara is the reason for Monagatari season.

I think Kokoro Connect would fit in with Romance and Drama.

It totally does!

Lucky Star 01

IlctkZYl.jpg

MAYONNAISE!

This wasn't bad. I mean it is cute girls doing something, but I did like what they were talking about and it was pretty cool to see what was talked about in the beginning being talked about at the end of the episode. It was pretty tame with the subject material but does seem to have hints of branching out especially with the anime watching talk.

Look up "tsukasa cellphone"
Hnnngh to death.

Greetings! Make yourself at home!

You're going to fit right in with a lot of the folks here. If you loved Baccano you might as well watch Durarara as well though I don't think its as good. Otherwise most of the past two pages have been pretty solid recommendations.

El Sloth

Banned
You'll be a ball of bitterness and hate all anime in roughly 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom