• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if you insist, but you're the one who said that it ends like Usagi Drop! Everyone knows exactly what that means, and you didn't spoiler it.

I never said it was like Usagi Drop, I said the act of talking about it make it painfully obvious what happens based on everyone's over the top reactions, just like when people were talking about Usagi Drop.

NISA Adds Yuruyuri School Comedy Anime Series

mBgMdPf.jpg

Sweet!
not like there will be any dubbing but eh.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
um, I think I have a faint idea which show you're talking about, I don't remember the name of it or the characters actually as in I've only seen some scenes of it, I think their parent were dead or something like that and it had quite explicit scenes (as it can get on TV I guess), I think it had some kind of bad/sad ending though.

Now I really want to know what this show is called.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think it was kinda harem too, there was another girl too (duh) and there was a scene where she saw them doing it I think. Don't judge, like I said I haven't actually watched this thing...

It kinda sounds like it might be list-worthy. Maybe. And I'm always down to watch something list-worthy.

Narag

um, I think I have an idea which show you're talking about, I don't remember the name of it or the characters actually as I've only seen some scenes of it, I think their parents were dead or something like that and it had quite explicit scenes (as it can get on TV I guess), I think it had some kind of bad/sad ending though.

Yosuga no Sora?

Now I really want to know what this show is called.

Yosuga no Sora. I looked up what it was.

I never said it was like Usagi Drop, I said the act of talking about it make it painfully obvious what happens based on everyone's over the top reactions, just like when people were talking about Usagi Drop.

Semantics.

Anyway, the ending was painfully obvious from the beginning. Nobody should be at all surprised.

Good news for Blu-Ray people... no DVD though?

Anyone here watched Valkyria Chronicles?

Never played any of the games (No PS3/PSP), but I'm interested in the anime adaption.

Last time this happened was with Persona 4, and I found the anime to be quite enjoyable.

Not much additional details for Oreimo but
Manami confronted Kirino and Kyousuke about their relationship. kirino gloated that she won and Manami punched her in the stomach saying she wanted to fight Kirino (Kyousuke assumed ahe was going to fight with words earlier.) Kyosuke broke them apart and Manami yelled to Kirino that they ahould be normal siblings and that Kyosuke should break up with Kirino. Kyosuke refuses. Manami then confesses to Kyousuke and gets rejected by him since he chooses Kirino. Manami then kicks Kyosuke in the stomach.
Manami suddenly gaining mad respect points.

Kyosuke you had something so good from the very beginning. Why you gotta go and do the things you do. WHY

Never played any of the games (No PS3/PSP), but I'm interested in the anime adaption.

Last time this happened was with Persona 4, and I found the anime to be quite enjoyable.

I actually watched the anime before I bought Valkyria Chronicles, and I thought it was pretty good. They added a lot more character in the anime, and some characters who are extremely minor have real roles in the anime.

Like good ol Susie.

Semantics.

Anyway, the ending was painfully obvious from the beginning. Nobody should be at all surprised.

It's not semantics, I never even brought up the subject matter. I was specifically talking about the act of spoiling people, not about the content of the story itself. I could compare it to something vastly different like the recent Attack on Titan spoilers were context clues could make it quite easy to guess what "yeah, it was obvious from the last episode" meant.

And it really wasn't painfully obvious from the beginning.

I actually watched the anime before I bought Valkyria Chronicles, and I thought it was pretty good. They added a lot more character in the anime, and some characters who are extremely minor have real roles in the anime.

Like good ol Susie.

Good to hear.

I'll watch it after a few other anime shows that I need to finish.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
People arguing that "I Can't Believe My Little Sister is this Cute" is a dead giveaway should refer to shows like "Yuru Yuri" or "Yuri Seijin Naoko-san", which lack any meaningful yuri whatsoever.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
MJP 10

Things getting interesting and stuff. Also Kei getting jealous rofl. Can't wait for that to play a role in the story. No mecha is sort of boring but all of the Wulgal culture is super interesting.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Oh of course Fuko's the bottom of the rankings. She's my favorite story for the feels, but as a romantic interest ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kotomi all the way.

I kinda agree on Fuko. I don't know how they present her in the VN, but at least here she's definitely not portrayed in any sort of a romantic interest light anyways, or even really mature enough for that anyhow.

Clannad 9

I watched Clannad because my wife wanted to and she was pretty much an emotional wreck the entire time.

them feels, tugging right at those unwinding heartstrings. Poor little Fuko. This show knows how to really work them. I mean, the story doesn't really make sense when you look at it hard, but suspending your disbelief and questioning just enough, really upped the mystery, makes you vulnerable to that very human of fears
of being forgotten and forgetting someone you love
. I hope she comes back towards the end of the series somehow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maou's lost all personality, it isn't even about him now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Twilight Q: Mystery Article File 538 would be a great way of beginning to rectify this situation. It's a short concentrated dose of Oshii that certainly doesn't require familiarity with any of his other works. It's got a plane turning into a fish! You can't miss out on that.

Zeorymer has lots of neat mechanical animation and is only mildly terrible.

Dominion Tank Police

Noted, noted, and noted. I'll try to get in some combination of these.

I am wanting to buy a few Geneon OSTs that are only available in Japan. Is cdjapan a good source to buy from or would buying from Amazon.com or Amazon.jp be better?

Branduil

GoT doesn't glorify the act though (see Joffrey).

GoT starts with
the incestuous couple pushing a child off of a tower. The sister is one of the worst people in a series full of awful people doing awful things.
It's definitely not treated in an approving or accepting way.

Branduil

Holy shit if this actually happens in the last Oreimo novel

There was no going back, I had no plans to.
"I..."
I shouted the same line as always.
"I..."
I wasn't going to lie this time. These were my real feelings.

"I! LOVE! MY! SISTER! KIRINO!"

Although I had been searching for one all this time, there was no way of escaping it. No middle ground.
I had no choice but to go press on.
"...Is that so."
Mustering her courage to hear my reply as best she could, Manami smiled, her eyes filled with tears.
"That's gross."
Her voice was clear. I replied, laughing, "Oh, incest is the greatest! I'll show you a real little sister end!"

Author flat out trolling.

i9HmsNOdhrqml.jpg

How could you leave out
Manami punching the dude in the stomach right after that in response
and also this gem:

LOL well at least the author went full troll.

Branduil

I'd say this entire page needs to be spoilered, but I guess people have given up.

There was some occasional teasing, but in general, it never felt like anything more than a platonic sibling relationship. Didn't feel any different than Daisuke and Rin's relationship in the sense that it was just family.

When the OVAs came around, things were starting to become less clear on just what the relationship between the siblings was.

Sorry but that seems to be pretty wishful thinking to me. Unlike Bunny Drop, Kirino was sexualized by the male gaze of the camera(and implicitly, the main character) from the very beginning. Not to mention the subject matter. And the title.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The anime is fairly different from the game, except of the major plot points. Also, the Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVAs were better.

I think the streams just crossed.

worsethanSAO_zps1cd5e341.jpg
SAO is the TitanFall of anime.

Narag

Sorry but that seems to be pretty wishful thinking to me. Unlike Bunny Drop, Kirino was sexualized by the male gaze of the camera(and implicitly, the main character) from the very beginning. Not to mention the subject matter. And the title.

Yeah, this is where I failed as a viewer. I assumed the beginning was meant to hook viewers before the shaming began. Really liked that first season in that regard, fallen behind in the second as it didn't grab me in the same way.

cajunator

Banned
lol

OniAi > OreImo. I'm afraid OniAi tanked, though. Too bad, that was a really fun show. :(

Remind me which show is OniAi. Visually of course.

You need to take a journey and try as many different burger places as you can. Come back a changed person.

There are plenty of quality burger joints. This is a foodie haven.
I just dont like hamburgers.

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy godddddd.
how did I miss news of this being licensed?!
Maybe I just forgot.
thats probable.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sorry but that seems to be pretty wishful thinking to me. Unlike Bunny Drop, Kirino was sexualized by the male gaze of the camera(and implicitly, the main character) from the very beginning. Not to mention the subject matter.
This is anime. Male gaze is pervasive. Hell, even Crest of the Stars does it.

And the title.
Like I said before, show titles mean little.

Branduil

Someone recommend me a short pre-digital OVA series and I'll watch it tonight. I'm feeling spontaneous.
Which recommendation I pick is entirely up to me!

Record of Lodoss War

ih9Bp0C8sr3SM.jpg

This is anime. Male gaze is pervasive. Hell, even Crest of the Stars does it.

Like I said before, show titles mean little.

You can find counter-example for each individual element, but when taken as a whole,
and now considering the ending
, it takes a lot of denial to think the series was ever, well, not being honest about itself in its presentation. It was never a secret, some people just wanted to believe differently despite the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom