• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Sword Art Online so bad its funny? Like could it work for a hatewatch or is it completely irredeemable?
My roommate and I really enjoyed it. I guess we both the found the premise really appealing and were looking for something after .hack, so it proved to be an entertaining romp. Whether or not that entertainment stemmed from quality writing I'll leave to the rest of the community to debate over, but I walked away from the show like time well spent and I'd watch another season if they adapted more of the source material.

Hey, uh, guys? Where are you going?

Hataraku Maou-sama! 10

ieMaTjsUVrbQr.png

The Vita bias is strong with this one. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Narag

Is Sword Art Online so bad its funny? Like could it work for a hatewatch or is it completely irredeemable?

First ep is nice then it all goes to shit save for the Lizbeth episode.

Highlights of the show are a bromance that's never treated properly and the death of a sandwich.

My roommate and I really enjoyed it. I guess we both the found the premise really appealing and were looking for something after .hack, so it proved to be an entertaining romp. Whether or not that entertainment stemmed from quality writing I'll leave to the rest of the community to debate over, but I walked away from the show like time well spent and I'd watch another season if they adapted more of the source material.

Hey, uh, guys? Where are you going?

I liked it too, as stupid as it was in the second half

In any case, I still think Sword Art Online is worth watching a bit of it, and seeing whether or not you like it. Even though I feel like I enjoyed watching it, I still have quite a few complaints about it, and its nowhere near my top anime of all time. It's pretty decent as entry-level stuff, though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought in the end
that none of the girls are blood related to him
You are correct.

So you're saying anime is literally child abuse.
Maybe prostitution? Or the Japanese version of Honey Boo Boo? :p

It's a vile piece of shit that represents the worst tendencies of a self-involved, desperately nerdy male fanbase. It is the worst of fandom summed up in 26 episodes.

That would be Valvrave.
Pretty much!

rpmurphy

Very poor decision then, if that's the case. :(

So Kirino really is his blood sister? I don't know.

Perhaps so, but in this kind of anime, that it actually made it clear in the ending isn't exactly surprising. It might have been in some other kind of show, but in an otaku-centric fanbait series like oreimo, and one with incest-baiting as its primary reason to exist? Hah, as if it was really going to avoid it at the end.

People like cosmic who were in denial about what the show is finally know that yes, they were wrong all along... but I still can't figure out how anyone actually thought that the show ever depicted a realistic sibling relationship, when the heavy incest-is-the-point themes were there from the beginning. The ending would only have been even remotely surprising if it HADN'T gone to incest, but it did, so it wasn't.

Your problem is that you were reading into it what you wanted to see, and not what was actually there. The series always was, from the beginning, about incest-baiting. Sure, it didn't absolutely confirm it until the end, but that was the only reason why the entire series exists. The author did try to keep the people who missed that point reading anyway, up until the end, but make no mistake, that was why it existed, and it was quite clear from the start. And that's why I stopped watching after one episode. "Wishful thinking" is a good description of your posts here.

I mean, it'd have been great if you WERE right. I wish that it was something like that. But, unfortunately, with anime, it does often seem to be good to go in expecting the worst... as series like this show, that's often what you get.
If the show was left as a story about siblings rekindling their relationship with one another through otaku hobbies, it would have been fine. And S1 was pretty much that with all the hijinks involving other characters, and the only incest-baiting would have been people's own individual expectations. But instead, the ship had to be turned full course into a harem romance and it turned to shit because of that.

jgminto

Valvrave 9

An Eru Erufu uppercut is all you need
to stop vampires.

So all of JIOR were
soldiers. So why were they so fucking terrible when the Dorssians attacked?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave 9

to stop vampires.

So all of JIOR were

Was that really an uppercut? I thought it was just a shot to the gut.

JCG

Valvrave 9

to stop vampires.

So all of JIOR were

Because just having soldiers doesn't make any of them better than Space Nazis. Ask Space America.

Also, the implication seems to be they were being used for non-combat tasks.

Flower of Evil 9

Only actually interesting part was the middle of the episode
when Saeki came over and was shouting to his room, those are always the best and most intense scenes in these anime
, otherwise the rest was just a bit hard to watch and kind of dull. This anime feels like the episodes are dragging a bit too long.

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% Episode 10 (utapri)
tumblr_mo0527tbm71qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mo0527tbm71qbxqfpo2_500.png

Heavens impressed, my favorite is Mikado Nagi who is easily in Syo Kurusu tier for designs, and even Ai Mikage. He's hilarious and quite vocal unlike his other members who felt like they stayed the same as they were introduced. This is an interesting way to close down the season if it stays on track with this and drags it along.
What song would havens sing, an original one or one that shes already done (would they do Maji Love 1000%

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Perhaps so, but in this kind of anime, that it actually made it clear in the ending isn't exactly surprising. It might have been in some other kind of show, but in an otaku-centric fanbait series like oreimo, and one with incest-baiting as its primary reason to exist? Hah, as if it was really going to avoid it at the end.
Not being surprising isn't the same as being inevitable.

Also, again, Yuru Yuri.

Hataraku maou-sama - 10

This episode was again quite godly even if it was less agitated than before.

I quite liked the lizard scenes... and this episode make it quite obvious that she got no chance for a love resolution with maou.

The horror house was quite great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom