• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Good man.

That's because anime journalists make game journalists look like actual journalists.
I can't wait for the anime version of skyrim chair.gif with a dakimakura.

I kinda have a thing for drawing hair. Does that count as a fetish?
Yes it does and we love you for it. <3

but fire emblem awakening is an anime.
It's something more.
Yeah, in fire emblem the best girl at least CAN win.

Who needs feet?

Sounds more like Atelier.
Would play.

her official art....
omnomonmomnomnom
I haven't loved an exposed back so much since that one time I looked at Noel fanart.
Indeed!

Y'all be neglecting the #1 shawty.
[REDACTED]

Persona 3 girls > Persona 4 girls
Hear hear!

Good man.

Prepare to be NTR'd then!

protip: sdburton (& co) might wanna checkout Blade Play

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/manga/bladeplay26.png
I will unless I forget lol.

Your posts read so differently without purple she-wolf. Change is scary.
Speaking of new avatars I need the source for yours.

GooP OVA5
http://i.imgur.com/Q8z7jnXl.jpg
I see Shinkai directed this episode.
Look at that distance/ objects on the foreground. Maybe he did!

Fixed that for you.
He's probably watching the English Dub like a heathen.

First Watamote PV.

This song is making me uncomfortable.
Not really feeling this at all. Damn shame.

Looks like spoilers are out for the final OreImo volume and
there's really no defending of this vile shit now. ~incest end~
Wait, Kuroneko doesn't win? FUCK THIS SHIT!

Brb, locking all Oreimo threads and putting it in the banned words filter. >_<
I know how you feel. This injustice will not stand.

YES!
DEM BALLS!
Actually
if the spoilers are real she later dumps him per se which is pretty much the author shitting his pants and back-pedalling.

Holy shit if this actually happens in the last Oreimo novel

"...Is that so."
Mustering her courage to hear my reply as best she could, Manami smiled, her eyes filled with tears.
"That's gross."
Her voice was clear. I replied, laughing, "Oh, incest is the greatest! I'll show you a real little sister end!"

Author flat out trolling.

How could you leave out
Manami punching the dude in the stomach right after that in response
and also this gem:
These are glorious. GLORIOUS!

Amazing how both this and Pop Chaser managed to be so good despite not showing the "goods". And it's well animated, but that's redundent.
The power of sakuga.
/7th

Pre-ordering 10 copies.

Why are you mad? You did well!

Maou's lost all personality, it isn't even about him now.
Sounds like every harem show ever.

That would be Valvrave.
But Valvrave is good. Duckroll can't be wrong can he?

I should catch up to VVV and Hataraku and do less reading of every post in the thread.

Same sex, obese/inflation, AND animal to robot transformation. Branduil, I'm impressed.
Oh my.
Now I must know if that exists.

There are worse stuff, like Hot House.
Meh, Hot House is pretty tame.

Hot House was 2hot4me
lol

Angry Grimace felt the same way
http://i.imgur.com/iICc2AY.png
Pushing the fact that Mangaf is very soft, I'm still proud of this secretly.

Read Drainage City.

Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan is a legit masterpiece on the nature of growing up and learning to move on from the past.
Seriously! Though not his most deep work!

Someone tell me what Hot House is. I'm googling all the references you people are giving me and it's not giving me anything.
Just search Horihone Saizou Hot House. You should find it. If not look at the Mangaf impressions on the last OT.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/GATCHAMAN_Crowds/

Big site update. Including clean designs of all the new characters shown in the key visual. Most of them are Gatchaman organization members.

These are all Gatchaman:

JJ Robinson - Earth Observer, the guy who leads the Gatchaman on Earth:

Rui Ninomiya - Child genius, self-taught super programmer and tri-linguist. Learned everything from the information available on the internet and developed the SNS GALAX and President X:

Berg-Katze - Self-professed Alien. Probably one of the enemies:

A super idol within the SNS GALAX:
I'm really digging some of these designs.

This is sadly the best dance number in the entire show yet.
I can't even begin to imagine all the bondage doujin Eas features in.
It is your mission to find out!

I feel for you bro but if it's any consolation I'm looking forwards to the GIFs!

Ugh, disagree. Everything in Nanoha is strictly platonic and anything resembling romance is suffocated out.

Dog Days doesn't have this problem.
Sounds like :SDBurton!
Sorry firehawk's soul took over.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I disagree, sdburton will clearly be able to see it ..but this need to be said . nanoha & fate are in more than a regular relationship.

-Live together
-Sleep together ( same bed )
-Adopt a daughter

This thing is evidence... and is canon. and even before that point there was hints , strong hints and they were quite obvious.

If you can see it in dogdays, you can see it in nanoha.
I don't subsist on goggle-derived information so I cannot ignore the disturbing sterility of Nanoha.

NISA Adds Yuruyuri School Comedy Anime Series

mBgMdPf.jpg

YES! Insta-preorder for me!

I don't subsist on goggle-derived information so I cannot ignore the disturbing sterility of Nanoha.

I don't need googles to see this.
Sometimes you don't need to see the obvious to know that it's there.

The first film doesn't lack character development, it does pretty much everything better than the show. Besides, the enhanced pew-pew makes everything else irrelevant.

Watching the serie first and then the movies is a better path
The movies while good , mess too much with the characters( and their motivations ) because they don't have enough time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't need googles to see this.
Sometimes you don't need to see the obvious to know that it's there.
No. There's no affection, no attraction, no intimacy, no romance, no chemistry, and no relationship beyond "friendship". It's like mixing baking soda and encapsulated vinegar. The ingredients are together but nothing's happening.

No. There's no affection, no attraction, no intimacy, no romance, no chemistry, and no relationship beyond "friendship". It's like mixing baking soda and encapsulated vinegar. The ingredients are together but nothing's happening.

We are going to disagree on that point then.

Some elements are friendship but it evolves beyond that point.
I've already stated why in a previous post.

Friends , don't sleep in the same bed and raise a little girl together.

Theonik

Has this been posted yet?
The July issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is announcing on Monday that an anime adaptation of the Riddle Story of Devil (Akuma no Riddle) manga has been green-lit for next year. Story creator Yun Kouga and artist Sunao Minakata launched the manga in Newtype last September, and Kadokawa will publish the first compiled book volume next month.

The story is set at My&#333;j&#333; Academy, a private girls' boarding school. All the students in the 10th year's Kurogumi class are assassins with one target, Haruka Ichinose. Tokaku Azuma is a recent transfer student who is also targeting Ichinose, but she gradually develops feelings for Ichinose.

Kouga's earlier Loveless, Earthian, Genji, and Gestalt manga also inspired anime. She designed the characters in the television anime Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Un-Go, as well as those for the video anime projects Carol and High School Aurabuster. Riddle Story of Devil already inspired a social game for Japanese phones.

The modern hamburger, as we know it with a ground beef patty inbetween two slices of bread, was most likely invented in America and was definitely popularized here.

Oh wow, turns out I'm really ignorant. I remember growing up and being told that they were invented in Hamburg Germany and left it at that. Somehow I've seen so many episodes of Good Eats and never saw the hamburger one.

I dont like fireworks either.

But they're the prettiest and cutest form of explosions!

I'm no expert, but Nanoha and Fate are possibly the most :SDBurton characters in all of anime.

Is there an expert consensus on this? I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the pairs from Hidasketch or Utena and Himemiya.

I'm digging all that blood, would definitely love something like an anime Battle Royale.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Regulus has never kissed me on the lips. Has our pure yuri love been a sham this whole time?!?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 12

Hey
Fuko
is back!

Still not a huge fan of Hitomi, but I think that goes with the show just taking it's time to explain things and doing so in a very roundabout way sometimes. I don't mind the pace of the show, but it does seem to fall into a rhythm when they start exploring a girl's back story. But, if the ending promo is anything to go on,
Hitomi's gonna leave soon? Does that mean this show is like Waifu Survivor, where all the girls one by one start dropping off and saying goodbye? With the winner probably being Nagisa? Interesting way to handle that if so.

So they met at kids? If it has to do with those fires, though, I don't know how Tomoya could forget stuff like that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm no expert, but Nanoha and Fate are possibly the most :SDBurton characters in all of anime.

You should!

Just watch the two films, especially in lieu of the first season.

Sounds like :SDBurton!
Sorry firehawk's soul took over.

Thanks everyone.

'Cept you Theonik. :p

WELL ALRIGHT! THEONIK REDEEMED.

cnet128

Banned
Slow thread is slow.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 2

Still going pretty smoothly. Nagisa had a heartwarming conversation with Fuji-P, and meanwhile mysterious new girl Hikari (who doesn't seem too clear on who she is or what she's doing) seems to be magically inserting herself into people's lives, first finding a place to live with Akane as her supposed "cousin" and then conveniently entering the Cures' school as one of the new first-years.

Also introduced this episode: a new villain, who looks decent I guess. He has the whole "I am a PROUD WARRIOR" look going on (plus blank white eyes so you can tell he is EVIL), and seems to be working for some random little boy who is for no explained reason living in the mansion where the bad guys from the previous series used to hang out (complete with useless Zakenna servants!) So that's a thing.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 3

Porun (I almost failed to press the "u" key and typed a different word there...) has a feeling that he's going to "awaken" soon, so he tags along with the Cures to school and then promptly runs off to find his DESTINY. Meanwhile back at Nagisa's house, the little Heartiel-fairy-thing who is apparently called Seekun (which is a silly name but we will forgive that because she is cute) finds her own opportunity to slip out of the house and go in search of her beloved Queen.

Presumably both the destiny that Porun's looking for and the queen that Seekun's looking for are actually Hikari, but neither of them (or Hikari herself for that matter) seem to have figured this out yet, so they just end up running around pretty aimlessly. Porun actually talks to Hikari at one point, but he doesn't quite manage to make the connection and quickly runs off again.

Then our new villain shows up with the requisite Zakenna of the week, so the Cures make quick work of it while Hikari watches in shock and awe from a convenient hiding place nearby. How convenient.

Photo Kano 10
Alright episode for a meh girl. Last two episodes have really proven that one episode arcs are not.
Amagami was so much better with the basic stories and had the amazing epilogues.
How are these story arcs in the game? there has to be alot more than this.

OP finally won me over, I hated it but it was stuck in my head for weeks.
I think I like it now.
I want the soundtrack.

Syrinx

Remember that time in K-ON! where Yui was without her guitar for a time because she forgot it/lost it or whatever, and when she got it back she didn't want to let go of it? I kinda feel like that right now with my laptop. God it feels so good to type on a keyboard again. Typing on a phone FUCKING SUCKS! How do these kids do it?!

Remember that time in K-ON! where Yui was without her guitar for a time because she forgot it/lost it or whatever, and when she got it back she didn't want to let go of it? I kinda feel like that right now with my laptop. God it feels so good to type on a keyboard again. Typing on a phone FUCKING SUCKS! How do these kids do it?!
It's not too bad on my iPhone 5, but I still wish this wasn't a pipe dream:

Today's new anime announcement is Akuma no Riddle, which already has a Mobage title with a manga tie-in serialised in Newtype (I'm not sure which came first).

While at first glance seeing that the author was Yun Kouga made me think this would be a :DTL show, but it turns out it's :SDBurton according to ANN's write-up:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - Loveless's short Kouya/Yamato yuri arc was quite well handled in the anime at least - but I guess I don't associate Kouga with this kind of work, and I'm surprised she's not doing the art as well.

Almost thought it was an anime adaptation of Undertaker Riddle :/

I doubt Ill be watching this anime, not a good location for a good story.

Chihayafuru 2 22:
If you love the Queen so much, why don't you marry her?
Chihaya did alright given her condition, and it's nice to see that her and Shinobu might have something approaching a rivalry now. She's given her reason to at least make note of Chihaya.

Hanano also gives further proof as to why she's best girl.
Her reaction to winning was adorable and funny. I felt bad that she wound up losing right after that, but it was nice that she at least did that well.
We also see once again that
being Retro is suffering.
It was nice to see several different characters have good moments in this episode. The individual tournament has been pretty fun so far, and I imagine that it will be over with next episode.

cajunator

Banned
I just wanna drop in here and say the worst food is corned beef. Deal with it.

I loves corned beef with hashbrowns in it. Best breakfast!

Today's new anime announcement is Akuma no Riddle, which already has a Mobage title with a manga tie-in serialised in Newtype (I'm not sure which came first).

While at first glance seeing that the author was Yun Kouga made me think this would be a :DTL show, but it turns out it's :SDBurton according to ANN's write-up:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - Loveless's short Kouya/Yamato yuri arc was quite well handled in the anime at least - but I guess I don't associate Kouga with this kind of work, and I'm surprised she's not doing the art as well.

Looks like slightly yuri fan times. Could get nuts from the look of the artwork.
Is this one of those battle royale school shows?

I should check out Nanoha one of these days.

Yes. Nanoha S1 is alright but A's goes stratospheric sometimes.

But they're the prettiest and cutest form of explosions!

Its not so much the pretty color I dont like. Morel ike Im terrified of handling them and setting them up or even be outside when they go off. I was nearly hit by a wayward rocket as a kid and it probably traumatized me more than I think.
Im a huge wuss.

i dunno how you type on a laptop either >_

neither method is very hands friendly. Phone typing makes fingers sad and laptops are infuriating and have a weird feel.

Slow thread is slow.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 2

Still going pretty smoothly. Nagisa had a heartwarming conversation with Fuji-P, and meanwhile mysterious new girl Hikari (who doesn't seem too clear on who she is or what she's doing) seems to be magically inserting herself into people's lives, first finding a place to live with Akane as her supposed "cousin" and then conveniently entering the Cures' school as one of the new first-years.

Also introduced this episode: a new villain, who looks decent I guess. He has the whole "I am a PROUD WARRIOR" look going on (plus blank white eyes so you can tell he is EVIL), and seems to be working for some random little boy who is for no explained reason living in the mansion where the bad guys from the previous series used to hang out (complete with useless Zakenna servants!) So that's a thing.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 3

Porun (I almost failed to press the "u" key and typed a different word there...) has a feeling that he's going to "awaken" soon, so he tags along with the Cures to school and then promptly runs off to find his DESTINY. Meanwhile back at Nagisa's house, the little Heartiel-fairy-thing who is apparently called Seekun (which is a silly name but we will forgive that because she is cute) finds her own opportunity to slip out of the house and go in search of her beloved Queen.

Presumably both the destiny that Porun's looking for and the queen that Seekun's looking for are actually Hikari, but neither of them (or Hikari herself for that matter) seem to have figured this out yet, so they just end up running around pretty aimlessly. Porun actually talks to Hikari at one point, but he doesn't quite manage to make the connection and quickly runs off again.

Then our new villain shows up with the requisite Zakenna of the week, so the Cures make quick work of it while Hikari watches in shock and awe from a convenient hiding place nearby. How convenient.

Episode 2: Expect Hikari inserting herself into things from this point on. That is her main talent.

I hurt you because I care, Mad Pierrot-chan.

I need a name on that Doujin. And that's totally something I expect that shit head Miki to do.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't get it. If they kissed it wouldn't be pure anymore. So surely the lack of kissing is what is keeping it pure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom