• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

man, hope this thread (and OT) isn't closed during e3 traffic, would be boring.

I don't think I would mind it if I could actually get myself excited for E3. But last year burned me so much I really can't get hyped for this one, even though I know it will be better on a number of fronts.

I don't think I would mind it if I could actually get myself excited for E3. But last year burned me so much I really can't get hyped for this one, even though I know it will be better on a number of fronts.

Going from the Princess Tutu MC to a Pickles avatar is a bit jarring.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It might've been an Ami avatar if you hadn't taken it first.
Well, if Nafe has exclusivity over Minako, Mad Pierrot over Tomoe, and me over Ami, then we're going to quickly run out of spots when the SM bandwagon finally hits the road.

Aiko from Doremi has blue hair.

Syrinx

Well, if Nafe has exclusivity over Minako, Mad Pierrot over Tomoe, and me over Ami, then we're going to quickly run out of spots when the SM bandwagon finally hits the road.

I doubt somebody will take Haruka before I do when that happens.

But the first season is good.

Both seasons of Nanoha are worth watching. A's is much better than the original, but they're both highly enjoyable.

A's was brilliant because they decided to take everything that made the first one good and polish it up a bit to make it great.

The writers knew that there weren't a lot of interesting things to do with Nanoha and Fate's characters after the first season. Their story arcs were complete.

So they decided to
put the focus on the villains like they did with the first season, but instead add more of an air of mystery and tragedy to it.

The first season was good and all with it's evil villain. But by the end of the second season, the show basically has no real villain mastermind and it's all one big misunderstanding all the way through.

I remember back in the last thread I was trying to pinpoint who exactly was to blame for all that tragedy and came up empty handed. Basically everybody was the hero and villain in their own way. That was something I haven't seen an anime do before, and everything wrapped up nicely.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 4-5

Shiny Luminous get!

The animators must have loved episode 5. They got to use Shiny Luminous' henshin footage twice. It's not even a particularly good transformation sequence. I guess maybe it beats out the Cures', but that's only because their new transformation sequence sucks ass.

Also, confirmation that Hikari seems to be the Queen's "life". Because nobody had figured that out yet. At least Wisdom and the elder went back home to the Garden of Light so maybe we won't have to see so much of them standing around blurting exposition in future. That schtick was getting pretty old already.

Shiny Luminous get!

The animators must have loved episode 5. They got to use Shiny Luminous' henshin footage twice. It's not even a particularly good transformation sequence. I guess maybe it beats out the Cures', but that's only because their new transformation sequence sucks ass.

Also, confirmation that Hikari seems to be the Queen's "life". Because nobody had figured that out yet. At least Wisdom and the elder went back home to the Garden of Light so maybe we won't have to see so much of them standing around blurting exposition in future. That schtick was getting pretty old already.

Believe me, a lot of things will get old already.

Cure Black's new transformation is basically a wish for her to become a Yoshi. It's just so ridiculous.

cajunator

Banned

Shiny Luminous get!

Shiny Luminous is really the most dull Precure. Shes literally characterless.

Mr.Jeff

Sonic the Hedgehog for the Master System is also good. Don't play Sonic 2 MS, though. That game is a nightmare.
Sonic 2 MS/GG was amazing fun times. Nothing in life prepares you for the severity of the first boss on a Game Gear screen; that is a life lesson in pain right there.
Oh and the utterly frustrating hang glider as well. Granted this is all mainly nostalgia since I grew up with those Sonic games rather than the Mega Drive ones but still, so good.

On the Nanoha/Fate lesbian debate, as much as I'd prefer it otherwise, I never really saw the whole yuri angle between them all that much either. Sure there are certain things that could contribute to it but nothing that really to me says that they're more than obsessively good friends.
Made for some great doujins though.

Conan-san

Compromise: Everybody get a Tuxedo Mask avatar.
I've been rolling with the #masterplan before rewatching Sailor Moon was a thing.
ypDwEzb.jpg

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 6

In this episode, Hikari caught a balloon.

Also, at the end of the episode, a second Heartiel randomly appeared for no apparent reason.

These were the only two things of any consequence that happened in this episode.

(Oh, okay, I guess there was a new villain too. Big red guy. Nobody cares.)

yeah if by that you mean she was boring as fuck then she's quite like citizen Kane.

I can't comment on the quality of said movie, but she was ahead of time in regards to the Character that drags things down by existing, as well as revolutionizing how to be thrown under the bus by the fanbase. She's also responsible of NTRing the cash flow from Splash Star into Max Heart and nearly sabotaged Pretty Cure as we know it. She's quite the big impact.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 6

In this episode, Hikari caught a balloon.

Also, at the end of the episode, a second Heartiel randomly appeared for no apparent reason.

These were the only two things of any consequence that happened in this episode.

Get use to this.

MJP 10

Nice developments, Kei's jealousy is probably the most hilarious thing right now. Also how much longer til we get :dtl of
Jiart
wanting Izuru?

Valvrave 9

3rd pilot was expected, 4th I thought was a red herring pilot. I would venture to guess the 5th pilot will be
Akira based upon the order the characters are shown in the opening intro, all the other pilots are in order 2-4 so it's safe to assume she's probably the 5th. The team also needs a second female and none of the other female characters seem up to the task unless they make Shoko the 5th lol

Branduil

Sonic 2 MS/GG was amazing fun times. Nothing in life prepares you for the severity of the first boss on a Game Gear screen; that is a life lesson in pain right there.
Oh and the utterly frustrating hang glider as well. Granted this is all mainly nostalgia since I grew up with those Sonic games rather than the Mega Drive ones but still, so good.

The worst.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 7

This episode contained food. Nagisa made dinner for family (
it tasted like death
) and Hikari made crepes for random customers (
they tasted heavenly
). Hmph.

This episode also included Passion, the second Heartiel, who is a pretty cool guy. He rides pigeons and doesn't afraid of anything.

There also seems to be a side-plot progressing about some old colleague of Akane's trying to get her to quit selling food and come back to do some real work. Don't listen to him, Akane. Delicious food is the most important thing in the world. Just ask Nagisa.

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 7

This episode contained food. Nagisa made dinner for family (
it tasted like death
) and Hikari made crepes for random customers (
they tasted heavenly
). Hmph.

This episode also included Passion, the second Heartiel, who is a pretty cool guy. He rides pigeons and doesn't afraid of anything.

There also seems to be a side-plot progressing about some old colleague of Akane's trying to get her to quit selling food and come back to do some real work. Don't listen to him, Akane. Delicious food is the most important thing in the world. Just ask Nagisa.

What episode doesn't contain food? It's like the main fetish.

Narag

There's always the monsters of the week. Who is brave enough to wear a sexy time lion Falion avatar??

I've been rolling with the #masterplan before rewatching Sailor Moon was a thing.
ypDwEzb.jpg

Wasn't even a rewatch for me. Went in fresh last year!

Branduil

Man that music, so good. I guess it's just a difference of opinion. Some of the GG/MS games were more akin to Mario's style of platforming than the more traditional "Gotta Go Fast" of the Mega Drive games. But then I'm biased.

The problem is the leap-of-faith tubes where you have to press the right direction by trial-and-error or you die.

All right, Imma get back to Jojo later. Imma try out another one of Urobuchi's masterpieces. Which one? Here's a hint:

3301-1664358701.gif

61966_original.jpg

whoa why is the first episode 47 minutes.

Mr.Jeff

The problem is the leap-of-faith tubes where you have to press the right direction by trial-and-error or you die.
Well there is that. That entire game is based around that kind of gameplay though; the hang gliders where you can't tell where you're meant to land, the annoying crab boss at the start where you have to dodge point blank range bouncing cannonballs on a slope, the section in Green Hill where you have to hit a series of springs at a precise speed or die or the stupid spinning magnet platforms in the final level where you have to time the button pressing just right for one jump to the next or fall back to the start again.

Technically, it's a very bad way of designing a game and probably makes it awful but since it was either learn my way through that or play nothing at all, it somehow stuck with me. I'd much rather have that than any of the newer incarnations. But then personal opinion and all that.

cajunator

Banned
All right, Imma get back to Jojo later. Imma try out another one of Urobuchi's masterpieces. Which one? Here's a hint:

3301-1664358701.gif

61966_original.jpg

whoa why is the first episode 47 minutes.

Well played, sir.

If you don't hate it from the bottom of your soul by now, something is wrong.

I didnt hate is so much as become apathetic over time. Its just so dull. Futari Wa Precure played itself out and Max Heart is just an unwelcomed addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom