• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majestic Prince Episode 10 – The Hunter and the Hunted
tumblr_mo3ckiLpTy1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Two episodes of heavy information overload in a row, I dont think that was a good decision, though at least it filled in many things and lifted Izuru's spirits. That made it rather enjoyable and worthwhile, and just seeing everyone bubbly and energetic. Shower scene was good as well. I do hope next week is just more space fights.

Eh, probably not. What we know about what Nintendo is doing, they couldn't possibly be worse than last year. Sony could do some cool stuff for PS4 too.

And watching Microsoft continue to embarrass itself could also prove entertaining.

Man, me and games are weird now. Only game from this year that I've played is BioShock Infinite (unless you count the 20 minutes or so I played of Atelier Totori Plus), and not much at all looks appealing in the coming months. I may play The Last of Us, but other than that...I should probably just keep working on my handheld backlog and '90s PC games I've bought.

Really? I don't think it can get any less entertaining than the last couple years have been.

I'm thinking more in terms of futuristic events more than anything is why I'm dreading this so much. I will like what Nintendo will show me at least, but I'm not sure if it'll necessarily save it for more than just a short burst of increase of sales, because it needs more of a breakthrough title more than anything.

MS could show a "compelling" (not to me) line up to make things work out (to fuck us over), and PS4 can go either way basically. I look forward to meltdowns, but not our future.

CorvoSol

Speaking of Majestic Prince, could someone fill me in on something? I've been laboring under the impression that
Izuru ran into Teoria at the pool. As in saw her, tried to talk to her, and got thrown on his back by Daneel afterward. Except several episodes have now talked about how Izuru shouldn't remember her, so I assumed that the pool got wiped from their memories, until Tamaki recognized Daneel. Am I crazy? Did Izuru not see Teoria at the pool?

A...morton?
I'd like to hear the explanation for that Corvy-kun.

They all look rather similar. Good consistency I guess.

Nobody names their kids Morton anymore. If not for the fact that there is a town near my home called Morton, I would not ever hear this word. Also, fun fact: in addition to living near Morton, I also live near Roy, and both Roy and Morton are names of Bowser's Children.

Hentai Ouji 9

Aside from the general Tsukiko being cute as fuck and Azuki Azusa being fun to harass, this episode could have been much better. It felt like this arc was being rushed to hell and wanted to end as fast as possible, kind of how I felt about episode 3. I also didn't really care much for Emi even though she was a pretty nice source of entertainment last episode. I hope this show ends its last arc without being too rushed like this.

Syrinx

I'm thinking more in terms of futuristic events more than anything is why I'm dreading this so much. I will like what Nintendo will show me at least, but I'm not sure if it'll necessarily save it for more than just a short burst of increase of sales, because it needs more of a breakthrough title more than anything.

MS could show a "compelling" (not to me) line up to make things work out (to fuck us over), and PS4 can go either way basically. I look forward to meltdowns, but not our future.

I'm not too optimistic as to how many Wii U's Nintendo is going to sell, but ultimately while I like seeing companies I like succeeding, I'm not going to lose sleep over Nintendo's sales struggles with it, especially considering that a good chunk of their struggles are nobody's fault but there's. I'm concerned about Sony attempting the same bullshit Microsoft is pulling, but we'll just have to wait and see on that. And Microsoft...well...there really isn't any one thing or several things they could show me to make me want to buy an Xbone. I've pretty much written them off my purchasing plans for the forseeable future.

cnet128

Banned
Found this looking for something else. Might be of interest to the Brocures, might not!

4V097D9.jpg

All looks pretty consistent, I can't even see any clear patterns.

Except that Kawamura eyes are EXTRA SPARKLY (but that could just be because everyone's smiling in those shots...)

The Xboxone always online thing doesnt personally affect me because I have a rock solid fiber connection, but Im not okay with it either. It seems like a bad business decision.

I just signed up to that twitter tweet thing too.
Add me yall! @Jeffrey_Jue
Yes thats my real name.

Hey, I'm a Jeffrey too!

No one can spell it right ;_;

my work id says Jeffery. teacher think its Jefferey. Graduation speaker called me John.

I'm not too optimistic as to how many Wii U's Nintendo is going to sell, but ultimately while I like seeing companies I like succeeding, I'm not going to lose sleep over Nintendo's sales struggles with it, especially considering that a good chunk of their struggles are nobody's fault but there's. I'm concerned about Sony attempting the same bullshit Microsoft is pulling, but we'll just have to wait and see on that. And Microsoft...well...there really isn't any one thing or several things they could show me to make me want to buy an Xbone. I've pretty much written them off my purchasing plans for the forseeable future.

I never had MS in my future plans to begin with, they just reassured me on that.

My comment for Nintendo is more on the lines of how I have to deal with someone who thinks throwing Mario at it will actually save it, and it bothers me to see this much delusion, considering he attempts to call me out when I talk about 3DS's stumbling sales post 3DLand by thinking I'm comparing it to the DS when I never even mention it to begin with.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of Majestic Prince, could someone fill me in on something? I've been laboring under the impression that
Izuru ran into Teoria at the pool. As in saw her, tried to talk to her, and got thrown on his back by Daneel afterward. Except several episodes have now talked about how Izuru shouldn't remember her, so I assumed that the pool got wiped from their memories, until Tamaki recognized Daneel. Am I crazy? Did Izuru not see Teoria at the pool?

Nobody names their kids Morton anymore. If not for the fact that there is a town near my home called Morton, I would not ever hear this word. Also, fun fact: in addition to living near Morton, I also live near Roy, and both Roy and Morton are names of Bowser's Children.

Morton is a cool name yeah.
But my name is not as interesting as you were hoping for.

cajunator

Banned
Hey, I'm a Jeffrey too!

No one can spell it right ;_;

my work id says Jeffery. teacher think its Jefferey. Graduation speaker called me John.

Yeah the It people at work set my user login as "Jeffery" so I have to misspell it to login to my email. Its bullshit I tell you. Bullshit!

Syrinx

I always have to spell my last name to anybody who asks for it, because nobody can spell it themselves. Which is weird for me because any time I sound it out, the spelling is more or less exactly what it sounds like it should be.

Also who the fuck can't spell "Jeffrey"?

cajunator

Banned
I feel like I should go downtown and just change it to 'Jeff' someday :*

Some people at the cinema I used to work at called me Jujubee. they thought it was adorable. I would have to agree. currently people call me "chinaman", "alien", "unabomber" (because of my hoodie that I like to wear), or Jueboy. I actually like all of those names lol.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 18

I basically locked down my rankings, but man it is a close race
but now all the girl know they're not girl #1, though it still kinda hurts. They would've (mostly) all been great fits, but still Nagisa is number one. Can't wait to see more of Tomoya's backstory.

I have some thoughts on how this series will end but I'm sure how accurate they are.

Some people at the cinema I used to work at called me Jujubee. they thought it was adorable. I would have to agree. currently people call me "chinaman", "alien", "unabomber" (because of my hoodie that I like to wear), or Jueboy. I actually like all of those names lol.

"alien" lol. You liked being called alien? Is there some story to this nickname?

now i'm curious what kind of hoodie would lead to you being called racist names from the western times.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

On the contrary, they're all pretty consistent except for Okuyama and Ito.

Man, and I get mad if someone so much as shortens my name.

If I ever actually land employment (lol as if), I really hope that I don't get stuck with a bunch of alpha dawg co-workers who give people demeaning nicknames as a way to exert dominance.

cajunator

Banned
Jeffrey is the ONLY way to spell it. Jeffrey's represent!

I go by Jeff

Damned right! Man there are a lot of Jeffreys here!

now i'm curious what kind of hoodie would lead to you being called racist names from the western times.

the chinaman name is because Im part Chinese. It actually came first from a driver. Theres no malisciousness behind it, just a bit of humor.

"alien" lol. You liked being called alien? Is there some story to this nickname?

I do. Its fun. The people in there are mostly older married folks with a good sense of adult humor. We all talk shit to each other to have a bit of fun to relieve the stress. They all eat "normal" food and like normal things, but I seem a bit eccentric to them with my love of origami, anime, weird music, exotic tea, ethnic cuisines. Plus I ate a box of crickets once in there. So they nicknamed me alien.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Since my last speed check, we are now averaging 951 posts per day (39.6 posts per hour), only a 2% decrease in posting rates. So yes, Jexhius and trejo, we have kept the pace up.

cajunator

Banned
On the contrary, they're all pretty consistent except for Okuyama and Ito.

Man, and I get mad if someone so much as shortens my name.

If I ever actually land employment (lol as if), I really hope that I don't get stuck with a bunch of alpha dawg co-workers who give people demeaning nicknames as a way to exert dominance.

Nah thats not the case. they call the most veteran dispatcher "old squarehead". There is also "Footster", "cranky old bastard", and "big johnny". Twelve hours of problem solving can wreak havoc on you mentally so these nicknames just add a little humor into the workplace. Its 7 people in a room all night long and this kind of silly camaraderie develops.

But eating crickets is more a human thing than an alien thing, unless they were moon crickets.

I think its normal. They think its odd.
I guess you'd have to work there to understand how it is. Its actually a really fun place to work despite the stress of the job. wouldnt trade it for anything.

I had crickets fried in soy sauce once. The taste was fine but they were kind of mealy and getting their legs stuck in between your teeth was kind of gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom