• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 THE ANIMATION Episode 10 – Friday of Farewells
tumblr_mo36ywTUSh1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow this had to be one of the best episodes that has aired all season. It had quite a bit of all that I love in fiction in this and then gave lots of pretty shiny and colorful visuals and even a nice vocal song. Breakfest scene was an excellent start to the events and then all the other emotions.
I was actually anguished when Daichi saw the dead face clip on the phone and threw it on the ground. That action really gave the whole event way more feeling and weight. I didnt expect to tear up from Nitta but then realizing what was happening and then how all the characters would be did get to me a bit. But then well, praise Hibiki for miracles happen when you believe. I dont know it was just all really unexpected considering how they have been unable to avoid dead face clips in the past. And Nitta actually being useful finally

My favorite line had to be when Hotsuin was like he's mine.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A better question would be why do you like Nanami?
She's the funniest character in the show, and her episodes always bring something different to the table. Also
Anthy's a huge bitch to her. ;_;

I probably would hate her as a person in real life, though.

Narag

Sengoku Basara: The Last Party

• :lol @ the dancing
  • omg @ the surprise party
  • It's amazing how Ishida became this really compelling character in spite of his character design.
  • Ieyasu was fucking awesome.

Great conclusion to the anime and a fun movie at that!

---

It's a shame that's all I get though. I expected some craziness but not for the anime to increase in quality as the show went on. If that first season was action,escalation, and balls to the wall craziness and the second was more character focused and restrained, the movie nestled itself in the middle as this happy average of sorts.

This worked really well, I think, as the retread of the same general war premise never felt like it got stale. Sure there's some running gags like Kasuga's roses, YUKIMURA! OYAKATA-SAMA!!, and Date jobbing like a pro, but I figure that was just self-awareness rearing its head. I think the nature of the threats in each of the three entries helped given that while the main antagonist might be portrayed as "The Bad Guy", there's a degree of appreciable motivation possessed by each to sufficiently differentiate them from one another which is nice.

There's also the wonderful sense of the show building on itself as it went on. Shallow characters gaining some depth, the changing of the guard as the old stepped aside for the new, and dangling plotlines actually being addressed when at first glance they seem forgotten left this feeling surprisingly complete. Special mention should given to how much Yukimura ended up getting developed. Definitely not the person he started out as.

I think Keiji was my favorite to the end though, mostly due to the Toyotomi/Hanbei/Keiji relationship. I've watched the first half of the first ep of season 2 like 6 times now and keep picking up on little stuff I never noticed the first time around. The idea I could rewatch season two and better appreciate it due to understanding the characters better is really appealing at the moment and leaves the series as a whole looking great in my eyes.

She
kills kittens.

Also compared to the rest of the cast she's boring, unfunny, un-anything positive, and just drags down the show in every appearance she makes.

Nah, that title goes to Miki who is easily the worst of the student council. His character arc just never develops much after episode 5. Even Nanami gets development in
the sexy car arc with the revelation that she's not related to Touga and the nuance that even though she's obsessive about and possessive of her brother it's purely platonic. This is a nice contrast to the sterile and sexual relationship between Anthy and Akio. Also how do you not laugh at the egg episode?
Nanami is definitely a terrible person but she's a great character.

Dresden

I hope thats sarcasm.
He's not saying the scene in the gif is bad, just that it's an outlier compared to the rest of the show.
Sengoku Basara: The Last Party

There's also the wonderful sense of the show building on itself as it went on. Shallow characters gaining some depth, the changing of the guard as the old stepped aside for the new, and dangling plotlines actually being addressed when at first glance they seem forgotten left this feeling surprisingly complete. Special mention should given to how much Yukimura ended up getting developed. Definitely not the person he started out as.

Finally, someone else who understands Yukimura.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nah, that title goes to Miki who is easily the worst of the student council. His character arc just never develops much after episode 5. Even Nanami gets development in
the sexy car arc with the revelation that she's not related to Touga and the nuance that even though she's obsessive about and possessive of her brother it's purely platonic. This is a nice contrast to the sterile and sexual relationship between Anthy and Akio. Also how do you not laugh at the egg episode?
Nanami is definitely a terrible person but she's a great character.

Most of the nanami episodes are funny which doesn't change my opinion that nanami isn't funny, I don't think she's a bad character though, just an unlikeable one.

Nafe

I just found out late yesterday that a certain post of mine even went and got put up on twitter.

Also, Microsoft, what are you doing!? :(
E3 is going to be interesting...

---

It feels so unnatural to see a new person in the thread who already knows about THE LIST. It's a reminder that people are always out there, silently watching our every move, waiting, taking notes, biding their time.

I mentioned it before but I read the thread pretty regularly enough for about a year before deciding to request membership to NeoGaf. That's why when I first posted here I was already familiar with things like Hitokage being a fan of Sailor Moon and Minako or Jexhius and his posts looking at the directing and more techniques behind episodes and of course cajunator going nuts over everything cute, haha.

That's what they all say until they meet their undoing at the hands of a meticulously-compiled dossier documenting their every weakness.

Nafe is going to usurp us all someday.

Haha, this picture was too perfect not to use. ;p

I don't think views quite work that way, but I know quite a few times I check the thread and don't post anything for whatever reason.

For whatever reason? You don't have to post just for the sake of posting you know, haha.

Branduil

I just found out late yesterday that a certain post of mine even went and got put up on twitter.

Also, Microsoft, what are you doing!? :(
E3 is going to be interesting...

If my Internet connection ever died, I'd tether my Xbox to my iPhone and connect to Xbox Live through it for a minute.

It's really not that difficult.

If this works like it sounds, it's a total system seller to me and more than makes up for any minor inconveniences. I can't believe they'd be so generous.

This could be interesting.

Gainax studio co-founder Toshio Okada revealed on his Twitter account on Saturday that he will be collaborating with Takafumi Horie, founder and former president of the Japanese portal site Livedoor, to create a new science-fiction anime.

Okada reported that both voice actors and staff members would be recruited from scratch for the "unprecedented" work. He and Horie (known by his nickname "Horiemon”) will try and recruit as much new talent as possible for the music, theme song performers, voice actors, and all other staff, particularly through pixiv. The two plan to form a new production company to create the new work with crowdfunding for financing.

Okada and Horie will appear in a live Niconico broadcast on Thursday to reveal more details on the anime.

Okada co-founded the anime studio Gainax and served as its first president. He left the studio and became an instructor at The University of Tokyo, Rikkyo University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and most recently, the Osaka University of Arts. Okada earned the nickname "Otaking" for his deep roots in the Japanese science-fiction and anime geek circles and for even lecturing on "Otaku culture" at the University of Tokyo. Vertical published his book Sayonara, Mr. Fatty: A Geek's Diet Memoir in North America.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Like, in a good way or a bad way? I know there's that neogafshitposts twitter but you're one of the least-shitposty people on the entire forum anyway so I can't imagine that it'd be there.

Anway, how times change! (and how does it feel to get Nafe'd?) :p

I mentioned it before but I read the thread pretty regularly enough for about a year before deciding to request membership to NeoGaf. That's why when I first posted here I was already familiar with things like Hitokage being a fan of Sailor Moon and Minako or Jexhius and his posts looking at the directing and more techniques behind episodes and of course cajunator going nuts over everything cute, haha.

Lurking the thread beforehand definitely speeds up acclimating. I can only imagine how many misunderstandings I would have gotten myself in if I didn't have a basic grasp on everyone's personality before joining.

mAcOdIn

If my Internet connection ever died, I'd tether my Xbox to my iPhone and connect to Xbox Live through it for a minute.

It's really not that difficult.

If this works like it sounds, it's a total system seller to me and more than makes up for any minor inconveniences. I can't believe they'd be so generous.
He should've went all the way and said he'd tether it to his Windows Phone.
Does Windows Phone support tethering or have an app for tethering or hotspots?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Thats one of the best fight scenes of the series. Well I guess the show is not about fighting so it's not a priority.

I'm still not sure if you're implying that I'm mistakenly thinking that the scene is bad or good.

To clarify, I was saying that that scene has very high animation quality in a series that is astoundingly ugly 95% of the time.

Thats one of the best fight scenes of the series. Well I guess the show is not about fighting so it's not a priority.

Well when I watched Heartcatch I was sold on the idea that it was the "punchiest" of the precure series. I enjoyed it and everything but I'm kind of sad now that it may not hold the crown for best fight sequence in the series because nothing is coming to mind that looked THAT good.

Nafe

What is MS doing?
Im not up on gaming news and Im sure as hell not venturing over to the dark side of Gaf.

There's the stuff that Branduil posted and then some details like in this thread here:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578810.

The bad part is the ones who say they don't care because it doesn't affect them personally. If Microsoft can get away with it then Sony and Nintendo may very well follow suit. If these companies then figure they can get away with this they will most certainly push the envelope even further to see what else they can get away with in the future.

Like, in a good way or a bad way? I know there's that neogafshitposts twitter but you're one of the least-shitposty people on the entire forum anyway so I can't imagine that it'd be there.

While not surprising, I didn't know that was a thing actually.

I found out my character comparison post was briefly commented on.

Haha, I remember that. I actually thought of this very same post later after getting more used to Kayos90's posts. You'll notice he responds two posts later with "wut?". At first I naturally thought he was surprised I wasn't really that familiar with twitter but then I was wondering if he didn't know what this twitter thing was either and didn't know what I was talking about, haha.

Lurking the thread beforehand definitely speeds up acclimating. I can only imagine how many misunderstandings I would have gotten myself in if I didn't have a basic grasp on everyone's personality before joining.

Yeah, the forum rules recommend reading the board while you wait for possible acceptance to familiarize yourself with rules and such so it was just kind of an extension of that.

Accel World 8 (engDub via NeonAlley)
ibbA1iMRKsxXEM.gif

Scarlet Rain's debut episode, for her voice, she sounds quite fitting for an annoying loli type character but then when the voice and personality change for Scarlet King mode comes and those lines, pretty perfect and into the role. Hope to hear more. Also the fight was great to see yet again
even if Haru loses by one step

This show is so cruel. Thats how I would describe it. It is just ridiculously cruel to anyone and anything in it. But its very good at the same time.

Ah, that shouldn't be a problem so long as there's a decent ass-kicking scene to come later.

I hope that this show doesn't pull a Nanoha season 1
and have the big asshole commit suicide instead of facing justice, that would be so underwhelming.

cajunator

Banned
There's the stuff that Branduil posted and then some details like in this thread here:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578810.

The bad part is the ones who say they don't care because it doesn't affect them personally. If Microsoft can get away with it then Sony and Nintendo may very well follow suit. If these companies then figure they can get away with this they will most certainly push the envelope even further to see what else they can get away with in the future.

While not surprising, I didn't know that was a thing actually.

I found out my character comparison post was briefly commented on.

Haha, I remember that. I actually thought of this very same post later after getting more used to Kayos90's posts. You'll notice he responds two posts later with "wut?". At first I naturally thought he was surprised I wasn't really that familiar with twitter but then I was wondering if he didn't know what this twitter thing was either and didn't know what I was talking about, haha.

Yeah, the forum rules recommend reading the board while you wait for possible acceptance to familiarize yourself with rules and such so it was just kind of an extension of that.

The Xboxone always online thing doesnt personally affect me because I have a rock solid fiber connection, but Im not okay with it either. It seems like a bad business decision.

I just signed up to that twitter tweet thing too.
Add me yall! @Jeffrey_Jue
Yes thats my real name.

The Xboxone always online thing doesnt personally affect me because I have a rock solid fiber connection, but Im not okay with it either. It seems like a bad business decision.

Yes thats my real name.

Unfortunately, the online connection is more of a 2 way street. Rather, it depends on both connections being available. One of those connections being disabled means you're pretty much screwed.

Nevermind the giant hack me sign the thing has on it.

cajunator

Banned
Unfortunately, the online connection is more of a 2 way street. Rather, it depends on both connections being available. One of those connections being disabled means you're pretty much screwed.

Nevermind the giant hack me sign the thing has on it.

I dont like the whole digital revolution thing to begin with. Call me old fashioned, but yall know I like my physical discs and actually being able to own things. The whole idea of digital distribution was fine for rentals, but for "ownership" of a game or program its a very gray area. You are basically paying full price for something you arent even guaranteed to be able to enjoy in the future. Fuck that with a bamboo stick.

I dont like the whole digital revolution thing to begin with. Call me old fashioned, but yall know I like my physical discs and actually being able to own things. The whole idea of digital distribution was fine for rentals, but for "ownership" of a game or program its a very gray area. You are basically paying full price for something you arent even guaranteed to be able to enjoy in the future. Fuck that with a bamboo stick.

I understand how you feel on this. Granted I tend to jump into two different areas.

I just don't see the need to force the console industry into becoming even shittier PCs than they've already become considering it is in nowhere near the amount of danger the PC market was in to make something like this a necessity. It's just plain greed.

Syrinx

Yes thats my real name.

You don't seem like a Jeff.

Quoted for truth .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom