• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oofuri 5
tumblr_mokjh4ghdi1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mokjh4ghdi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kanou is nice and all but Mihashi needs to pay more attention to the one that actually wants him. Though Abe should say these things out loud and communicate his desires to him :(. Enjoyable episode. I liked the first half for Kanou and getting to know him and all thats bottled up inside of him
At least he recognize Mihashi's talent. As it went on I kind of wished they could makeup and play on a team again. As he said they would have really done well on the same team if the others had just done better and not misinterpreted things.

Hayate no gotoku Cuties - 10 (My little student concil president can't be this cute )

I'm quite impressed because this episode starring maria as a main was Well done and very intresting

I liked

-The flashback
-the yandere reveal
-The world god only know references
-the lupin reference
-the sailor moon reference.
-the popularity contest skit
-THIS :(below)
-
In short this episode was quite good on all fronts ..

AS expected since maria is the most intresting character in the show ( Athena & hinagiku are just behind )

Andrew J.

So I've watched like a hella ton of mecha anime recently, and I thought I'd make a post with some of my favorite mecha.

Maybe this just nostalgia speaking, but the Epyon Gundam is definitely one of my favorites. There's just something about its clarity of purpose, the way it eschews ranged weapons in favor of a couple fairly basic but highly effective melee ones.

Plus, it looks way more like the devil than the actual Devil Gundam ever did.

Tallgeese III was a poor substitute, I think.

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 10

How fucking long was that pipe she was smoking? Five feet long? What's the point of that?

Kinda like the way she does business though. Playing one side against the other and having them right next to each other without them even knowing it, trying to get as much as she can out of the deal. That's a rather...odd way to sign a contract though. But now that she's made an agreement with Michel and the People's Army, and she had Vetti right at her fingertips completely unarmed, you'd think she'd just have him killed on the spot. Would probably make her job a hell of a lot easier.

"Sometimes it takes a wedding to reveal true love." Yeah...no. Pretty pathetic to see Ralph embarrass himself like this for the sake of Vetti and his crackpot plan to escape death.

Ughhh I really don't have much more will to watch this show. 16 more episodes of this piece of crap? Ehhhhh...don't know if I can. I guess I'll watch through to the halfway point to see if any ridiculous and hilarious developments commence.

wonzo

Banned
Glass Fleet 10

How fucking long was that pipe she was smoking? Five feet long? What's the point of that?

Kinda like the way she does business though. Playing one side against the other and having them right next to each other without them even knowing it, trying to get as much as she can out of the deal. That's a rather...odd way to sign a contract though. But now that she's made an agreement with Michel and the People's Army, and she had Vetti right at her fingertips completely unarmed, you'd think she'd just have him killed on the spot. Would probably make her job a hell of a lot easier.

"Sometimes it takes a wedding to reveal true love." Yeah...no. Pretty pathetic to see Ralph embarrass himself like this for the sake of Vetti and his crackpot plan to escape death.

Ughhh I really don't have much more will to watch this show. 16 more episodes of this piece of crap? Ehhhhh...don't know if I can. I guess I'll watch through to the halfway point to see if any ridiculous and hilarious developments commence.
How could anyone hate on such a baller ass pipe?

glassfleet10.jpg

What are you, the governor of Florida???

Syrinx

How could anyone hate on such a baller ass pipe?

glassfleet10.jpg

What are you, the governor of Florida???

I dunno, seems to me that you'd have to be some kind of bitch to make a servant hold your obscenely long pipe for you while you smoke it.

Maybe it's a latent case of pipe envy, I dunno.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
snafu 11

seems like major drama next eps.

I think Yukinoshita is one my recent favorite female protagonists in romcom. Normally I hate them but she's nicely done. I hated Yuigahama as well but I've grown to like her over the episodes as well since she's fleshed out more.

kayos90

I feel like I should watch this snafu show.

It's easily my favorite school life show hands down. It's really interesting, at least to me. I can see how it wouldn't appeal to most though. I'd say it's pretty different while still adhering to some tropey stuff.

jman2050

Glass Fleet 10

Episode 11 is amazing for a reason that I can't possibly spoil except that it involves Vetti, but then again every amazing scene involves Vetti so that's not that giving you any new information. Also the second half of this show is way way stupider than the first, hard as that is to believe.

Also requisite mention of this

kayos90

Cowboy Bebop 1-2

Finally got around to watching it. It's good especially when you put it into perspective when this aired. Getting Trigun vibes and that's always a good thing. FYI, I'm watching the Eng Dub.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cowboy Bebop 1-2

Finally got around to watching it. It's good especially when you put it into perspective when this aired. Getting Trigun vibes and that's always a good thing. FYI, I'm watching the Eng Dub.
gYQ0ojc.png

Official Precure OP ranking:

Splash Star > Futari wa > Heartcatch > who the fuck cares about the rest > Fresh

Hey! I actually think Go Go's is one of the best. I took to it faster than Futari wa's or Splash Star's at least (not saying those are bad mind. With that in mind, I've decided on Maou-sama and Tiger & Bunny to watch next. Good choices?

Syrinx

Episode 11 is amazing for a reason that I can't possibly spoil except that it involves Vetti, but then again every amazing scene involves Vetti so that's not that giving you any new information. Also the second half of this show is way way stupider than the first, hard as that is to believe.

Also requisite mention of this
Hope you're right. Other than Vetti's...let's call it a "plan" to escape death, which had me rolling, these last few episodes have just been grating more than anything else.

CorvoSol

Have you watched Gunbuster or Diebuster?

Not yet, but I've heard some vague good things about them.

Maybe this just nostalgia speaking, but the Epyon Gundam is definitely one of my favorites. There's just something about its clarity of purpose, the way it eschews ranged weapons in favor of a couple fairly basic but highly effective melee ones.

Plus, it looks way more like the devil than the actual Devil Gundam ever did.

Tallgeese III was a poor substitute, I think.

I like Talgeese III for kind of combining all the mecha Zechs had used to that point, plus the crest on its head is wicked awesome. But yeah, the Epyon is one of my favorites, too. Wing had some great designs: The Wing Zero C, the Heavy Arms, the Epyon, the Virgos. Loved Wing's designs.

As to the Devil Gundam, I think it doesn't look very demonic at first because
it wasn't meant to be a Devil Gundam
, but I'd say that by the end of the show its earned the name in both appearance and action. When its mouth opens for the first time, man.

So does anybody like Kaneda Tomoko's voice in the various anime she does? I just finished Myself;Yourself and she voiced the girl with glasses, and I found her voice kinda funny/annoying in a weird way. If you need a more popular character she has done then she did the Japanese voice of Nel from Bleach, the one that drools to heal people.

Here's an example of her speaking from Myself;Yourself

She has that sort of interesting but kinda annoying voice. She doesn't do many main roles and i think her character in Myself;Yourself was her biggest role. I heard she can shatter glass if she shrieks which I find pretty cool.

Weird question to bring up out of the blue I know, but I'm curious what others think of her voice.

CorvoSol

Dammit guys, I think SAO's horrible love story has like, suckered me in. I don't like Kirito in the slightest, but Asuna, man. Gah. I cannot believe 13 year old me is winning me out on this.

When this is over, I need to see like, the best love story in anime to get this out of my head. So uh, what is that?

So does anybody like Kaneda Tomoko's voice in the various anime she does? I just finished Myself;Yourself and she voiced the girl with glasses, and I found her voice kinda funny/annoying in a weird way. If you need a more popular character she has done then she did the Japanese voice of Nel from Bleach, the one that drools to heal people.

Here's an example of her speaking from Myself;Yourself

She has that sort of interesting but kinda annoying voice. She doesn't do many main roles and i think her character in Myself;Yourself was her biggest role. I heard she can shatter glass if she shrieks which I find pretty cool.

Weird question to bring up out of the blue I know, but I'm curious what others think of her voice.

I only remember her Chiyo-chan from Azumanga role, which everyone knows is a sweetheart.

Dammit guys, I think SAO's horrible love story has like, suckered me in. I don't like Kirito in the slightest, but Asuna, man. Gah. I cannot believe 13 year old me is winning me out on this.

When this is over, I need to see like, the best love story in anime to get this out of my head. So uh, what is that?

Asuna's a decent character, and she's the perfect girlfriend and all that jazz

but when she's reduced to a damsel in distress it just kills her for me.

Actually, I want to know a really really great love story anime too. I like all these romcoms, and even the Key sobfests, but I haven't seen any real substantial love stories. Maybe that's where the West excels?

Dresden

Actually, I want to know a really really great love story anime too. I like all these romcoms, and even the Key sobfests, but I haven't seen any real substantial love stories. Maybe that's where the West excels?

not the best, but it's been mentioned a few times recently here so it's on my mind: koi kaze

CorvoSol

No Megas? SMH, corvo :p

You know, I've never actually watched Megas XLR.

You already watched G Gundam so this is your new best love story in anime forever.

Hahaha, fair enough. That's why I think that the last 5 episodes of G Gundam are super awesome, and I was simultaneously happy and disappointed that SRW J left that plot out entirely. Because its amazing, but I was glad nothing spoiled it.

Yeah, to be honest, the way Asuna gets dumped to "chick" status sometimes bothers me more than a lot of things, because it isn't like she isn't a competent warrior capable of watching her back. It'd be one thing if she'd been a healer or something, but since Asuna was the strongest not-cheating member of the foremost guild, I still can't get my head around why the writers thought I wouldn't notice her suddenly becoming a wuss. That and Kirito is the worst love interest I've seen in a non-Gundam show.

not the best, but it's been mentioned a few times recently here so it's on my mind: koi kaze

I should look this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom