• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

You people should all vote in the second Daisuki new titles poll. They didn't technically announce it yet on the main page, but the date on their schedule rolled over and someone found it via some simple web URL replacement.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/298/

fertygo

OH MY GOD

Gear Fighter DENDOH... I so want to watch that, that's not completely subbed unless in hong kong DVD.

Voted, DTL help me.

Ro-Kyu-Bu 4

329XE.jpg

We observe Tomoka's form again and her utter tenacity. Judging from the celebration party's events, Airi's tall complex might be reduced, so maybe she won't need to be tricked anymore. which is what I'd like to believe.

He should've just sticked as their coach though instead of making them jump through hoops instead, but I guess having alone time with Tomoka is more important.

These are rather lewd elementary students...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How is food sex a depressive state? I saved it from its demise!
Well that must have been after I went to bed. I left when it was about life counselling. If I wanted that I'd go to the careers advisor and be told I should be a miner like my father as no one in this town has done anything else.

Also to twist an old favourite: Sword Art Online sucks

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 103
Ikuhara keeps on surprising me time and again. This episode reminded me fairly of a similarly omatsuri-theme episode in Goldfish Warning! that was also directed by Ikuhara, thanks vastly to the sumptuous technical and mechanical animation and humour pacing. The
car loading
footage was actually the most impressive piece of stock footage* I've seen in the entire show so far. I wish I could find the straw wrapping gif from all those threads back in the day; it's a perfect example of Ikuhara's loving attention to detail. No wonder the Utena movie turned out like it did. lol

Situational comedy a plenty, too. I don't know what to feel about
Chibi Usa returning, since her character arc seemed pretty much done, but her inability at being a competent Senshi is a welcomed change of pace.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You people should all vote in the second Daisuki new titles poll. They didn't technically announce it yet on the main page, but the date on their schedule rolled over and someone found it via some simple web URL replacement.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/298/
Mitsudomoe… nope… Kill Me Baby… nope… YuruYuri… nope…

I know I asked for fun times but I haven't even had breakfast yet. Lets keep the jokes for later yeah.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm glad I got into Gintama straight away. It's the shounen equivalent of skipping all the way to University.

jgminto

Gargantia 8

That was probably one of the best fictional
funerals
I have ever seen. I wasn't that attached to
the fleet captain
but the ceremony felt so grounded. This show has really succeeded in creating its own realised world. I thought Ridget was great this episode. Previously she has seemed very cold and matter of fact, but I really got a sense of her motivations and beliefs. It'll be interesting to see what Ledo and the other ship's departure will mean for the show. I'm hoping it will keep it going in a good direction.

And of course Melty had to come. sigh.

Attack on Titan 8

I'm at a point where I'm just going to stick my head down and watch the show. The plot elements seem super interesting/weird and I want to continue the story fresh. Hasn't been a story like that in a while.

mAcOdIn

Well, so, a while back I told A Black Falcon that I'd watch Senran Kagura. Supposedly it has decent writing or some shit. So, fashionably late as it may be, I finally watched the first episode.

This shit sucks, no way is it better than Railgun. I despise everything about it. About the only positive thing I can say about Senran Kagura is that unlike a similar show I watched, Himawari, which is also a despicably bad show, that none of the characters had a voice as annoying as one of the girls in Himawari. And I guess not setting up a student teacher paring in the first episode is also a plus for Senran Kagura. ABF, is this show seriously better to you than A Certain Scientific Railgun? Because I'm not seeing it. Queue Kuroko banging her head on a table.gif.

mAcOdIn

Ahahaha! Good one! Don't you love seeing the same sushi roll joke 20 million times?
There were jokes in this episode? I never once laughed. Nor chuckled. Nor smirked. Infact, I'm pretty sure the only sensation I felt besides complete utter boredom was the strange sensation of feeling the neurons in my brain dying.

jgminto

There were jokes in this episode? I never once laughed. Nor chuckled. Nor smirked. Infact, I'm pretty sure the only sensation I felt besides complete utter boredom was the strange sensation of feeling the neurons in my brain dying.

Jokes, fanservice. What's the difference? This show doesn't know anyway.

I'm glad I got into Gintama straight away. It's the shounen equivalent of skipping all the way to University.

Thats a great analogy. Its like that kid whose so clever that he goes straight to Uni. However in doing so he misses out on all the fun times and great memories to be had during secondary school.

mAcOdIn

Thats a great analogy. Its like that kid whose so clever that he goes straight to Uni. However in doing so he misses out on all the fun times and great memories to be had during secondary school.
That only hold true if the kid's a loser! He could be out creating even happier memories while the scabs are stuck in school, ever think about that?

wonzo

Banned

You say this as if there's great memories to be had with Naruto or Bleach (post soul society).

OceanBlue

I was so happy coming off of finishing Mushishi episode 20, and now I'm two-thirds into episode 21. What the fuckkkkkkkk?

Also, it was really hard to make a good avatar from that scene. I'm still not very happy with it. :(

Mature

Wow, that was a lot of catching up to do. And no pairing at the end of the rainbow. What's wrong with you people?

Oh yeah WALL OF SHAME:
Code:
cajunator 	1,002
Kirbyguy 	902
Regulus Tera 	777
ZachDeKoromaru 	540
CorvoSol 	509
Chet Rippo 	500
Mad Pierrot 	482
SDBurton 	466
Dedication Through Light 	443
Articalys 	435
dakkumauji 	408
jgminto 	401
wonzo 	391
Theonik 	384
Jarmel 	383
Narag 	376
Jexhius 	362
Branduil 	339
firehawk12 	333
R_thanatos 	327
hosannainexcelsis 	325
Kurita 	309
Hitokage 	301
Syrinx 	283
Thoraxes 	269
fertygo 	251
Jintor 	246
7Th 	231
Seraphis Cain 	226
RurouniZel 	225
Ultimadrago 	209
Basileus777 	207
kayos90 	206
duckroll 	206
Mature 	203
cosmicblizzard 	184
Awful Falafel 	178
Defuser 	177
Dresden 	175
FelixOrion 	174
Steroyd 	156
trejo 	147
chickdigger802 	146
BGBW 	133
peaceiscloser 	132
darkside31337 	126
nintendoman58 	121
moonspeak 	120
Pyscho_Mantis 	117
BassForever 	114
OceanBlue 	108
Haly 	106
Tenumi 	106
RyougaSaotome 	106
Instro 	104
Save 'N Quit 	101
Shergal 	101

m-bison-yes-o.gif

Steroyd

Have you guys seen the new key visual for the Gintama movie? I'm totally calling troll on this.

igLMn3J9jMHwV.jpg

You telling me, I thought it was SAO until I read your text.

Infact I now can't not see SAO in that poster now that I actually mentioned it. Argh!!

cajunator

Banned
So I went home this morning and found a speeding ticket in the mail. One of those roadside speed camera vans. On private property. How is that legal? $150 bucks Im charged. But fuck it. I got K-on figures. Life is still groovy. YOLO.

BluWacky

You telling me, I thought it was SAO until I read your text.

Infact I now can't not see SAO in that poster now that I actually mentioned it. Argh!!

See, it's NOT just me and Basileus777 who think it's a SAO parody! I swear it's deliberate...

Articalys

So I went home this morning and found a speeding ticket in the mail. One of those roadside speed camera vans. On private property. How is that legal? $150 bucks Im charged.
That actually happens? I always figured those "monitored by radar" signs were meant as a bluff to make people drive under the limit.

Well, so, a while back I told A Black Falcon that I'd watch Senran Kagura. Supposedly it has decent writing or some shit. So, fashionably late as it may be, I finally watched the first episode.

This shit sucks, no way is it better than Railgun. I despise everything about it. About the only positive thing I can say about Senran Kagura is that unlike a similar show I watched, Himawari, which is also a despicably bad show, that none of the characters had a voice as annoying as one of the girls in Himawari. And I guess not setting up a student teacher paring in the first episode is also a plus for Senran Kagura. ABF, is this show seriously better to you than A Certain Scientific Railgun? Because I'm not seeing it. Queue Kuroko banging her head on a table.gif.

Railgun is much much better than sengan kagura . Anyone telling otherwise might be trolling you.
That said that doesn't mean sengan kagura is bad .. Despite the weird first 2 episodes , the show becomes better and manage to be entertaining untill the end.

But railgun and sengan kagura aren't in the same league.
I say that as someone who enjoy both series.

cajunator

Banned
That actually happens? I always figured those "monitored by radar" signs were meant as a bluff to make people drive under the limit.

Nope. Its a full on speeding charge. I have to pay or get arrested. Its no big deal really but Im just kinda pissed. But like I said, K-on figures.
FUCK THE POLICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom