• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Didn't G Gundam already do this? Will it also be piloted by a horse?

I think this is closer to another recent dumb Sunrise mecha design:

mecha_03.png

CorvoSol

People get what they need out of AnimeGaf. Sometimes its episode impressions, sometimes its gifs but most of the time its to kill time chatting about cartoons.

I mean, at this point, the thread moves soooo fast and we're so insular that anyone brave enough to come in must REALLY like reading all this crap.

I dunno, I've been here, what, 6-8 months? I started back in November because I needed a way to destress from my ridiculous class schedule and anime proved to be an effective means. I've managed to brutally carve out my niche here in that time.

:corvo :kayos :chet :duckroll

translate plz

pick me pick me

Raging, confused, bouncing breasts on a shitty cg mech?

outlandish stream of conciousness impressions

Haha, I'd never thought of the minute by minute part of it.

Didn't G Gundam already do this? Will it also be piloted by a horse?

G Gundam has windmills and a buffalo shaped Gundam, but for all of that, I don't think it has any centaurs.

Narag

You know what? I'm taking you up on this tonight.

The show rips off Mad Max fairly liberally (as its creators admit to in the notably entertaining commentary track). Though Director credit was initially given to Hayato Ikeda, the truth is that it was really Koichi Ohata's work all along, and he was so young and inexperienced that the producers brought Ikeda in for appearances. In fact, Ohata was only 23 when he made Geist, and he pretty clearly had no idea how to tell a story. He and screenwriter Riku Sanjo pretty much approached the production as a collection of stuff they found to be "cool" without much regard as to how it came together. The animators, Ohata admits, were frustrated to the point of mutinous. Some scenes, such as the ultimate final battle, are so poorly laid out and colored that it's almost impossible to figure out what's happening.

Indeed, in its original state MD Geist was downright funny: it made almost no sense and had numerous registration errors. Characters erratically jump around the screen at least five times because the cells weren't properly aligned. One shot is so awkwardly animated that Geist's head appears to be flapping in the wind. Another features a guy being stabbed in the head, but then bleeding from his eyes. And then there's the ending, which crams such a ridiculous twist into the last 5 seconds that it seems like a mistake. Seven years later, Central Park Media sponsored a Director's Cut edition along with a sequel. Scenes were added and rearranged, the mistakes were smoothed over with video effects, and something resembling a coherent story emerged. (The American comic book adaptation by Tim Eldred was apparently used as a guide.) This elevated the show from "horrid" to "not so good:" the new animation simply looks nothing like the older stuff and it's actually even worse in quality, but the story actually kind of works.
Followup reading if/when you do.

cajunator

Banned
Hey, I only talked like this when watching Code Geass.

Thats becase apparently it is the next Code Geass. Or well, close enough.

• Gunslinger Girl 01
Holy shit at that OP. Sounds so good. You've already got me, creators of this show.

...but then I'm greeted by early 2000's chunky character designs. Shmehhhh

Avoid season 2. Youll really hate those character designs.

Here is the SAO packaging for Vol 1. Looks really good for SAO fans

Sorry aniplex no money for you this time.

Okay fuck this. Cancelling my PS4 order and gonna get all 4 volumes.

Why not get both?

Taruranto

I was rewatching some FC episodes. Man, there is so much foreshadowing that is easy to miss the first time like
Dumas smiling as he see Seraphine's corpse, Thoma's mom telling Helga she has a brother looking for her and asking her if she wanted to be a teacher or a painter in the future. Ouch. :(

I usually don't re-watch anime, but i'll definitely rewatch all the series in the future.

You know who else supported Madoka? Hitler.

I thought he only liked Mami.

USU5MYM.jpg

Blusby

Waifu Emblem: Awakening-Robin ties the knot with Tharja, t-there is no going back. Guess they went with the Yandere route here eh?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
THIS.

Its funny how firehawk12 loves everything mono no aware but shits on HanaIro because of a throwaway storyline. The HanaIro ending is quite a bit sadder than a graduation because for most of these people, they will NEVER meet each other again.

I don't have a problem with the ending though. It's everything in the middle that gets stupid. :p

As I said, if HanaIro and Tari Tari were switched in terms of episode lengths, both shows would be improved.

CorvoSol

Only thing I'm sad about is that there wasn't a Brazilian Gundam. Also the Portugal Gundam made no sense whatsoever hahahaha.

Brazilian Gundam would've been a bodacious amazon babe wielding a Soccer Ball. They'd named it Banana ReGundam for added effect. And yeah, I have no idea what Portugal and clowns have in common, but there isn't a competent way of making a king on a boat facing the opposite direction of his opponents into a Gundam. (So sorry, PR GAF)

Waifu Emblem: Awakening-Robin ties the knot with Tharja, t-there is no going back. Guess they went with the Yandere route here eh?

Done goof'd, son. You shoulda wed Cordelia and you know it.

CorvoSol

But Mami has curly hair, a suspiciously Jewish trait!

Related to nothing, at Church recently we had a "first impressions" activity where everyone introduced themselves and everyone wrote impressions on the cards and blah blah blah. Anyway, I kid you not, an uncanny number of the cards with my name on them said "Jewish Fun."

I'm not even Jewish.

(An ep before bed)

Sword Art Online 13

I don't know who this fisherman is, but I like 'em.

Watching the OP, why is Silica still in the OP? Unless she comes back later or something I'm not aware of... also: I want Klein back. I miss him.

I do have one question: I'm pretty sure they leave the game by episode 15 (I know that much), but we're still on filler-y type stories I guess. Or maybe this will surprise me and lead into the main story again. Who knows.

What in the hell is that thing? And more importantly: why are you running away from it Kirito? You'd killed more horrendous things than that.

Yay! Peopling admiring Asuna's awesomeness. I can enjoy this.

… Huh. A message from Heathcliff. So I guess we ARE back to the plot. Could've fooled me there.

Did I mention I love Asuna? She should be the MC. She's far more interesting (then again, that isn't hard. A jar of dirt is more interesting than Kirito).

Pffft. Kirito tells Heathcliff point blank he'll save Asuna over the entire party if necessary. I can accept that, but I wonder if Asuna would really be okay with that? Asuna was the first one to leap to the Army's squad's aid when they were nearly wiped out during that boss fight.

“Kirito-kun, have you ever considered what's happening to our bodies?” I HAVE, I'D LOVE TO KNOW. I'm kind of happy someone's asking finally (bonus points because it's Asuna).

KLEIN. YAY! Long time, no see!

Huh, Heathcliff himself is going to battle? This must be an insanely demonish boss if it requires that many skilled players.

… That's a pretty big boss room.

OH GOD, IT'S HIDEOUS. KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

NOOOOOOO. DAMN ED CREDITS. That battle was pretty cool! And I can't watch the next episode until tomorrow afternoon. T_T Why do I do this to myself?

Ezalc

Brazilian Gundam would've been a bodacious amazon babe wielding a Soccer Ball. They'd named it Banana ReGundam for added effect. And yeah, I have no idea what Portugal and clowns have in common, but there isn't a competent way of making a king on a boat facing the opposite direction of his opponents into a Gundam. (So sorry, PR GAF)

Hahaha now I want to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom