• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm really happy with how Tsunako's designs turned out with Date a Live. If only the Neptune anime would look half as good.....

OceanBlue

Who are those girls and why are they wearing practically nothing?
The two you're talking about are twins. They're the spirits of volume 5. One is kinda like the sisters in Toaru while the other is a chuunibyou tsundere, I guess. They'll probably get introduced near the beginning so I don't think they need too much introduction.

(Yuzuru is the better twin. :D)

I'm really happy with how Tsunako's designs turned out with Date a Live. If only the Neptune anime would look half as good.....

Don't remind me D:. I'll still give it a shot, but it's ugly.

Dresden

After watching one episode of DateALive I feel pretty confident in asserting that kotori > kurumi > everyone else > that other girl.

So Sawashiro basically has like three voices. Shoujo without gravel for MLP, Shoujo with gravel for PhotoKano and UtaPri, and sexy alto gravel for shows like Jinrui and Bakemonogatari (and Fire Emblem!).
That's still more than most other actors I suppose.
Range is overrated for VAs, bro!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm sure Mad Pierrot will be disappointed to see that they decided not to go with his Funky Fishing idea.

There's a Coco ass shot on the back cover, so I still feel partially gratified.

At least there's still hope for Girllock Holmes.

It was you the responsible for letting Mad Pierrot indulge in such madness and getting him unstable? And please, don't mock poor Sushio with this just as his crowning moment is one season away! :p

Anyway, Mad Pierrot don't torture yourself like that, please, or in response I'm definitely going to end up watching Aikatsu! in an attempt to share that pain, the very same pain you wanted to save me from... :'-(

It was someone else, but ultimately I'm doing this because I was already interested in the show! There is no need whatsoever to take drastic measures to get me to stop. If I am digging my own grave, be assured that it's with a smile.

cnet128

Banned
The two you're talking about are twins. They're the spirits of volume 5. One is kinda like the sisters in Toaru while the other is a chuunibyou tsundere, I guess. They'll probably get introduced near the beginning so I don't think they need too much introduction.

How exactly can she be a chuuni if she's a spirit from another dimension with the power to cause spacequakes and annihilate anything in her path with outrageous magical powers?

I'm pretty sure chuuni implies that the delusions aren't completely accurate.

So Sawashiro basically has like three voices. Shoujo without gravel for MLP, Shoujo with gravel for PhotoKano and UtaPri, and sexy alto gravel for shows like Jinrui and Bakemonogatari (and Fire Emblem!).
That's still more than most other actors I suppose.

What about her shota voice for Fire Emblem!

cajunator

Banned

(Yuzuru is the better twin. :D)

I like where this is going.
It sounds beautiful.

After watching one episode of DateALive I feel pretty confident in asserting that kotori > kurumi > everyone else > that other girl.

Who is that other girl? Gotta be descriptive here.

There's a Coco ass shot on the back cover, so I still feel partially gratified.

At least there's still hope for Girllock Holmes.

It was someone else, but ultimately I'm doing this because I was already interested in the show! There is no need whatsoever to take drastic measures to get me to stop. If I am digging my own grave, be assured that it's with a smile.

Girllock Holmes isnt licensed yet is it?

OceanBlue

How exactly can she be a chuuni if she's a spirit from another dimension with the power to cause spacequakes and annihilate anything in her path with outrageous magical powers?

I'm pretty sure chuuni implies that the delusions aren't completely accurate.

If I remember correctly, she acts chuunibyou in ways that has nothing to do with her spirit powers.

Lol, just wait and see! The second season will introduce these characters soon enough. I probably need to be introduced to the characters in volumes six and seven since they haven't been translated yet. :<

Tenumi

Banned
HenNeko: 08

4XD7i9r.jpg

Yeah, I know I'm far behind on this. Oh well. Still as adorable and entertaining as the last episode I watched.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Miyukichi: about three voices, all fairly similar to one another (but one of them works for both female and male characters so that's like two for the price of one!)

HanaKana: just two voices (HanaKana Standard and HanaKana Loli, as epitomised by Kuroneko and her sister Hinata respectively), but both are hnnngtastic.

Saito Chiwa: INFINITE VOICES.
Kobayashi: Infinite Range!

Sentai's Tsuritama BD packaging:
I'm sure Mad Pierrot will be disappointed to see that they decided not to go with his Funky Fishing idea.
8 episodes on 1 disc... Sentai. :(

Which is weird, because 90% of them are essentially interchangeable. :p

FeMU 4 life.

Kincaido

Yeah, it doesn't look good, but Iove the series so I will watch it.

I can agree with this.

She's also Carl in Blazblue. Not even she can save that damn kid though. He is pure shit.

OceanBlue

8 episodes on 1 disc... Sentai. :(

13 episodes on 1 disc for K-On S2. :<

That being said, I have no idea of anything involving bitrate and file sizes for anime compared to the size of BDs. I wonder how many episodes you can stuff into one BD before artifacts become noticeable. Edit: I guess it would depend on the content of the episodes itself? Meh, I have no idea.

/XX/

So, now someone has to get around to releasing Beautiful Dreamer, right?
Wasn't there a planned release for the Urusei Yatsura series a while back? I'd guess Beautiful Dreamer is part of that plan.
Yeah, the first BD-BOX for that is already out (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00AQXSREC/). I haven't seen the film mentioned for these sets, but what we definitely know is that there is a new 'Telecine' scan ready for a commercial release that never saw the light at the time, as it was cancelled after the announcement:

&#12300;&#12358;&#12427;&#26143;&#12420;&#12388;&#12425;2 &#12499;&#12517;&#12540;&#12486;&#12451;&#12501;&#12523;&#12539;&#12489;&#12522;&#12540;&#12510;&#12540;&#12301;Blu-ray&#29256;&#30330;&#22770;&#20013;&#27490;
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090126/toho.htm

I wanted to try the Wipeout series since it looks similar but I believe the company behind those games is another that shut down. :(
Was forcibly shut-down, and by the very same SCEWWS' management it gave a proper meaning to! SCE Studio Liverpool was the first backbone for software development on the SCEE branch, and I don't want to sound like zomgbbqftw too much but SCEE paid with the old blood and heritage of Psygnosis for the mishandling of venturous and costly risks of the whole division, while those same upper-ups kept raising the stakes on the same direction giving additional free reign to certain people in order to now maintain what little decently "established" properties (or what they deem as such) they had left in the process, spiraling to not lose even more. SCE Studio Liverpool had enough prowess, interesting new concepts and possible support from their city's council to survive with just a bit of additional investments. I hope for the well-being of what was Cambridge Studio now, and the best for those Sawfly Studios' guys.

Estoy tomando clases de español (Sin embargo, se utiliza el traductor de Google ...)
That was quite a particular and obtuse expression on my part, so maybe it seems a little confusing to translate! It roughly means that I'm slowly checking all of your posts (nearly up-to-date). Interchanging 'relentí' for 'ralentí' is a typo in that context, but for me (and other) it is some kind of in-joke (or meme, or whatever...) at this point.

Sorry, sometimes I post whatever first comes rushing to my head for a post title (hence the ellipsis when sometimes I don't know what else to say/my mind is blank).

Ultimadrago

That was quite a particular and obtuse expression on my part, so maybe it seems a little confusing to translate! It roughly means that I'm slowly checking all of your posts (nearly up-to-date). Interchanging 'relentí' for 'ralentí' is a typo in that context, but for me (and other) it is some kind of in-joke (or meme, or whatever...) at this point.

Sorry, sometimes I post whatever first comes rushing to my head for a post title (hence the ellipsis when sometimes I don't know what else to say/my mind is blank).

Aah. I thought it was more along the lines of "I'm watching over you quietly." No need for apology, I just don't know español!

cnet128

Banned
She's also Carl in Blazblue. Not even she can save that damn kid though. He is pure shit.

Hey, no hating on Carl. I like Carl.

I'm not usually much of a fan of shota (I mean, they're like lolis except you can't fap to them, what's up with that?), but I make an exception for him because he has wonderful Sawashiro voice and is basically a male epic yandere. Also he loves his nee-san, and his backstory is rage-inducingly tragic. And his father is oh god that Sawabe Junichi voice that's so sexy I might start doubting my sexuality.

He's also fun to play as (if incredibly difficult to play well as).

Theonik

Yeah, the first BD-BOX for that is already out (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00AQXSREC/). I haven't seen the film mentioned for these sets, but what we definitely know is that there is a new 'Telecine' scan ready for a commercial release that never saw the light at the time, as it was cancelled after the announcement:

&#12300;&#12358;&#12427;&#26143;&#12420;&#12388;&#12425;2 &#12499;&#12517;&#12540;&#12486;&#12451;&#12501;&#12523;&#12539;&#12489;&#12522;&#12540;&#12510;&#12540;&#12301;Blu-ray&#29256;&#30330;&#22770;&#20013;&#27490;
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090126/toho.htm
It's only a matter of time I reckon. We'll know probably know when enough boxes are out or something of that nature.

AAGHHHH

MY ROOMMATES ARE WATCHING FUCKING LES MISERABLES FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME

This movie is making me le miserable

• Record of Lodoss War 01

I'm going to call Deedlit Caeda after Marth's waifu

Yeah that sounds about right

I like how they did the dragon here. Super traditional instead of slender half-dinosaur things.

Kincaido

Hey, no hating on Carl. I like Carl.

I'm not usually much of a fan of shota (I mean, they're like lolis except you can't fap to them, what's up with that?), but I make an exception for him because he has wonderful Sawashiro voice and is basically a male epic yandere. Also he loves his nee-san, and his backstory is rage-inducingly tragic. And his father is oh god that Sawabe Junichi voice that's so sexy I might start doubting my sexuality.

My hate is too strong for that kid and his stupid design. His story is pretty tragic though. We all have a male seiyuu that makes us feel that way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
13 episodes on 1 disc for K-On S2. :<

That being said, I have no idea of anything involving bitrate and file sizes for anime compared to the size of BDs. I wonder how many episodes you can stuff into one BD before artifacts become noticeable. Edit: I guess it would depend on the content of the episodes itself? Meh, I have no idea.

The videonerds at mania.com or fandom.com probably have direct comparisons and whatnot. I suppose it's one of those things that the normal person probably won't notice, but it probably infuriates the people who care.

Sort of like mp3 bitrates. lol

Nafe

Goooood lord. you are one hell of an archiver. but we knew that. what we didnt know was YOU ARE ONE HELL OF AN ARCHIVER!

Haha, well, I remember a lot of older posts but I don't have them bookmarked or saved or anything like that. To go back and try and find them I'd have to hope a google search or NeoGaf search worked. duckroll's post there is more of an exception.

/XX/ I think is much better at linking back to older posts for reference or helping people with some information maybe regarding some news that recently came out or something.

RIP icarus

icarus was banned? She seemed like one of the last people I'd see banned. What happened there?

jbug617

Banned
SAO's box set is pretty good. I wish there was an Accel World set like that.

I know both shows have their problems but I like the characters in Accel World better than SAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom