• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
HFpoYTm.jpg
coming soon to greenlight

trejo

Still taking notes?

Funny the timely manner in which you were talking about this topic and mentioned him, look what he recommended some hours ago!

Add it to the list, trejo. ;-)

Personally, I like the adventurous spirit with a side dish of explicitness some well animated OVAs had mainly some time ago, like old Yorihisa Uchida efforts as are Guy: Double Target and The Legend of Reyon. Also, I always want to imagine A.P.P.P. having continued making Desert Guardian Rance OVAs for a time when they were more of a powerhouse... :-(

Additionally, the fairly recent second part of Butt Vampire had Kōichi Kikuta 'sakuga' all over it...
actually, don't search for more information on this, please!

Noted, thanks!

And man, how can I NOT add something named Butt Vampire to the list?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 12

Candy, even if you aren't as godawful as other members of your kind, you still suck. Also, as flashy as they're made to look, Precures are pretty weak.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 12

Candy, even if you aren't as godawful as other members of your kind, you still suck. Also, as flashy as they're made to look, Precures are pretty weak.

Are you implying that you think that Pop is worse than Candy? If so, what?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yamato 15

#gamechanger. Crazy how the biggest thing to happen
on both sides of the war had nothing to do with the gigantic space battle. lol
I almost appreciate how they did it, actually.

jbug617

Banned
The blood curdling cries of a thousand otakus be heard when To Love-Ru/Ro-kyo-bu gets cancelled.

I would be okay with RKB because Hina as a character makes the show bad for me. From the VA and the things she does in the show
missing underwear

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuyushiki - 08

I'm praying they follow up with this joke next week. :lol

Decent episode overall, it was nice to see some of the focus fall off the main three and gave more screen time to Aikawa and her circle of friends.

Meh, Haruna has nothing to do with that. :(

I don't know, I mean the character Haruna was based on turned out to be kind of a bitch basically, holding "hostage" of their kid, going to court, wanting all the revenue and the rights to the Haruna character, which caused Shonen Jump to be chicken shits and canned To-Love-Ru.

Although we got Darkness out of it, sooooooooooo...

Yuyushiki 08

We get the other 3 explored a bit to add into the harem.

I am also glad that nakedboobs will save the world! And I am glad that breast where talked about, because Mom has some nice breasts.

Hey! You should watch Hataraku Maou-sama! It's really good.

Pretty cool having these new people come by.

I've heard good things about it, but my backlog is huge as it is and right now I'm in the middle of actually translating a show, so I haven't really watched anything except Dokidoki Precure (hell, I'm behind on Nyarko).

Smile Precure 12

Not particularly.

I mean Precure mascots in general.

Kill them all.

Oh hell nah. Most of them aren't so bad. Although Mepple can go die in a fire. (Polun at the very least shaped up QUICK in Mac Heart). Honestly, I think the best mascots were the Yes 5 mascots, only because they had human forms they could use. (Granted, Pre-Go Go, Milk is IRRITATING AS HELL, but she's so much better when she gets her human form).

OceanBlue

I don't know, I mean the character Haruna was based on turned out to be kind of a bitch basically, holding "hostage" of their kid, going to court, wanting all the revenue and the rights to the Haruna character, which caused Shonen Jump to be chicken shits and canned To-Love-Ru.

Although we got Darkness out of it, sooooooooooo...

"Turned out." I doubt Yabuki knew his wife was like that. Haruna was inspired by (what Yabuki knew of) Yabuki's wife. They aren't one-to-one copies.

Detective Conan 196:
Well, that was actually a somewhat interesting episode. For an AO, they at least attempted to do something new and different with the characters. Ran had some good moments in the episode, and it was nice to see them try and utilize her in a new way by having her try to solve the case. The case was kind of run of the mill, but there was that extra level of effort that makes me appreciate the episode far more than 'The Detective Boys chase around missing animals for 24 minutes'.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh hell nah. Most of them aren't so bad. Although Mepple can go die in a fire. (Polun at the very least shaped up QUICK in Mac Heart). Honestly, I think the best mascots were the Yes 5 mascots, only because they had human forms they could use. (Granted, Pre-Go Go, Milk is IRRITATING AS HELL, but she's so much better when she gets her human form).
Porun is first into the Mascot Broiler.

I really don't agree. I mean they had Human forms, but their mascot forms where awful, and they were pretty damn useless until GoGo.

AT least Milk was important, and her attitude was something that was needed since Nozomi doesn't have a real foil until she arrives.

"Turned out." I doubt Yabuki knew his wife was like that. Haruna was inspired by (what Yabuki knew of) Yabuki's wife. They aren't one-to-one copies.

Well they aren't 1:1, but it still doesn't help that "Haruna" caused the original manga to close down, so now Haruna has those ties to her. She'll never be as popular as she use to be again.

that's why she hardly appears in Darkness (granted that goes for many others too)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Don't tell me that Utena never changes the duel song up...
Every duel has a unique song, although Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku is used before almost all of them.

They do use different versions, though. The last version really embraces the WTF nature of the show at that point.

Porun is first into the Mascot Broiler.

I'd prefer Lulun first.

I really don't agree. I mean they had Human forms, but their mascot forms where awful, and they were pretty damn useless until GoGo.

AT least Milk was important, and her attitude was something that was needed since Nozomi doesn't have a real foil until she arrives.

Maybe it's because their human forms softened the fact that they were mascots, so I didn't notice much. They spend quite a bit of time in human form. I'm not saying the other mascots are completely terrible (I love Tarte and Chiffon, for instance), but Yes 5's are easier to handle/ignore... mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom