• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's because their human forms softened the fact that they were mascots, so I didn't notice much. They spend quite a bit of time in human form. I'm not saying the other mascots are completely terrible (I love Tarte and Chiffon, for instance), but Yes 5's are easier to handle/ignore... mostly.

Unfortunately, the romance aspect never let me forget that they were mascots because the whole mascot romance aspect was creepy as hell.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Listening to Coco and Nuts is like having lye directly injected through your eardrum into your inner ear. They squarely belong in the ninth circle of mascot hell, chewed eternally in the mouth of Porun.

Narag

Hyouge Mono 6

MINwKOPl.png

No clue why they showed this upside down. It's in the middle of tense negotiations and I'm not familiar enough with the language of film and whatnot to see it as anything other than distracting bad direction. I'd be glad to be educated if there's something more meaningful behind this.

FQGeNInl.png

UjS8uhXl.png

Kg4IFeQl.png

Sasuke's facial expressions continue to deliver. Definitely one of the visual treats.

Sasuke slept with some girl that satisfied her so much she abandoned her death wish during a castle siege and decided to wander the land looking for some true warrior to die to. :lol

Think I'm finally getting into this too. Need more historical drama in my life.

OceanBlue

Well they aren't 1:1, but it still doesn't help that "Haruna" caused the original manga to close down, so now Haruna has those ties to her. She'll never be as popular as she use to be again.

that's why she hardly appears in Darkness (granted that goes for many others too)

Eh, if we're talking about popularity, I don't really care I guess. Most of the people I've seen who strongly feel that way never liked her in the first place. That being said, I'm pretty sure Haruna appears as frequently as most of the original TLR characters aside from the first years and Yui.

Unfortunately, the romance aspect never let me forget that they were mascots because the whole mascot romance aspect was creepy as hell.

I... really wasn't bothered by it. CLAMP kind of desensitized me to non-human/human romances.

Listening to Coco and Nuts is like having lye directly injected through your eardrum into your inner ear. They squarely belong in the ninth circle of mascot hell, chewed eternally in the mouth of Porun.

Trying to decipher what the hell their saying in mascot form also is a bitch (translating wise). I still love when my mother walked by as I was watching Yes 5 and heard Coco talking. She looked at me and asked me dead on "How the hell can you listen to this for 20 minutes?"

Oh hell nah. Most of them aren't so bad. Although Mepple can go die in a fire. (Polun at the very least shaped up QUICK in Mac Heart). Honestly, I think the best mascots were the Yes 5 mascots, only because they had human forms they could use. (Granted, Pre-Go Go, Milk is IRRITATING AS HELL, but she's so much better when she gets her human form).

i disagree.

The human form of the Yes! mascot are useless .
One hit from the ennemy and they revert back with that horrible voice and sound effect.
They had no input on the stratégy nor had ANY USE as a power boost.

The only exception is milk ( that does all the above ) ..since milk does move the plot , serve as a power boost and even manage to put the heroines in the right direction.
What's more in GoGo , milk became a cure entirely making her usefullness increase to the point that she was the most powerfull SOLO cure before cure moonlight appeared.

So no the mascot in Yes can die in a fire , aside from milk they serve no purpose , in terms of plot , battle or powers. Coco & nuts should die..USELESS THEY WERE.

Seriously. A waste of decibels.

i disagree.

The human form of the Yes! mascot are useless .
One hit from the ennemy and they revert back with that horrible voice and sound effect.
They had no input on the stratégy nor had ANY USE as a power boost.

The only exception is milk ( that does all the above ) ..since milk does move the plot , serve as a power boost and even manage to put the heroines in the right direction.
What's more in GoGo , milk became a cure entirely making her usefullness increase to the point that she was the most powerfull SOLO cure before cure moonlight appeared.

So no the mascot in Yes can die in a fire , aside from milk they serve no purpose , in terms of plot , battle or powers. Coco & nuts should die..USELESS THEY WERE.

Seriously. A waste of decibels.

They know whats up here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 13

Better, although why'd they have to tease us with their hair down like that. In a show with absurd and stupid hair styles you don't remind the viewer of something respectable!

Don't tell me that Utena never changes the duel song up...

Haven't you noticed? The lyrics to the dueling song have been changing EVERY TIME! That's more variety than any recurring song in anything, anime included.

Aiura 8

Finally out of that damn room. It had funny bits there in the past two episodes but this show is at its best when it's throwing new things at you. These kids need to get themselves into the go-soccer club. I'm really sad they didn't give yellow the title of Banchou though. Also captain definitely sounds cooler than president.

Yuyushiki 8: what is water part deux

Yellow continues to be best harem lead. Her following continues to grow through actual acts of kindness and good virtues, none of this instant dick jumping other leads get spoiled with. They totally forgot to ask mom about why she's an advisor to the data processing club, I was actually curious about that! If this show doesn't end up with mom as part of yellow's harem then I'll break my neck with all the smh I'll be doing.

Anyway because I'm sick of the Maoudonald's waifu wars
(seriously Alsiel is hands down the best, why is this even a thing?)
I'm curious as to who you guys think is the better yellow? Aiura yellow on the left or Yuyushiki yellow on the right?

In before yellow precure spam

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haven't you noticed? The lyrics to the dueling song have been changing EVERY TIME! That's more variety than any recurring song in anything, anime included.
Not just lyrics. They are all different songs entirely! Although each arc tends to carry something of a shared style.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[初夜ヴァージン・ナイ]
Impressive. The piece has a very grounded feeling to it and it's all the more memorable because of it. There's very little "anime eccentricity" in here aside from a bit before the title sequence with "hurr durr I'm embarrassed" anime faces, and almost half of the film contains no dialogue whatsoever, helping highlight the feelings of anxiety and self-guilt that imbue our protagonist's dilemma. There's a bit of monologuing here to give some context to the work, but sadly it comes across as hilarious and pitiful instead of just innocently awkward.

Night is a contemplative work instead of the voyeuristic exercise that is common to this type of show. I wouldn't call it mature in concept, but the execution feels more nuanced than you'd expect before watching considering the subject matter. At best it's gonna bring back feelings of similar events in the viewer's past, and at worst you will be able to enjoy it for the sumptuous yet delicate animation.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
out of 5

Not just lyrics. They are all different songs entirely! Although each arc tends to carry something of a shared style.

Really? I thought they were just different verses to one super long ass song. Hard to say if I'm more or less impressed by this but its still really freaking cool.

Smile Precure 13

Better, although why'd they have to tease us with their hair down like that. In a show with absurd and stupid hair styles you don't remind the viewer of something respectable!

That made me sad when it happened. Although it does remind me how much she looks like her mother.

At least we can all agree that the top tier list is:

Mikan = Kotegawa = Momo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other girls

Sure!

AND I'm a rating :eek:

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Really? I thought they were just different verses to one super long ass song. Hard to say if I'm more or less impressed by this but its still really freaking cool.
How far are you? Only the first couple songs are kinda similar, and by the second arc there's a clear shift in style.

CorvoSol

Code Geass is the original trainwreck anime. What starts as a legitimate mecha show with royals fighting for power and shades of Death Note eventually collapses under its own weight leaving you with a singularity of awful writing and "fuck it" direction.

I feel like trainwrecks aren't grandiose enough to describe how I'm feeling about the show. Here's what it looks like to me:

Oh the Humanity.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wait, I know it changes over time but for each and every episode? Whoa.
When Where Who Which
Paleozoic within the Body
Spira Mirabilis Theatre
Angelic Creation, Namely, Light
Last Evolution
Seal Spell
No One Has Anything to Tell
Inhuman Illusory Soul Fusion Magic
Utopian-Past-Tense Incantation
Earth as a Character Gallery
Conic Absolute Egg Algebra
Transparent Period of Adolescence