• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eh, the quality gap is rather large.

To make that really true, you'd have to include more entertaining yet flawed shows on the list which aren't all near the literal bottom of the barrel.
You're missing the point here. That they're at the bottom of the barrel while also being as entertaining as they are is why they are noteworthy.

rFrp7oY.jpg

You guys just can't handle a woman.

Andrew J.

Code Geass is the original trainwreck anime. What starts as a legitimate mecha show with royals fighting for power and shades of Death Note eventually collapses under its own weight leaving you with a singularity of awful writing and "fuck it" direction.

Geass was a fabulous trainwreck right from the start. It certainly amped up later on, but even in the first episode you had rollerblading knight robots to tell you how few fucks the creators gave deep down.

JCG

You're missing the point here. That they're at the bottom of the barrel while also being as entertaining as they are is why they are noteworthy.

No, I actually get that part.

But there's a jarring contrast when the list is full of Z or Y tier shows, except for just a couple that are closer to F, D or even C- tier.

Blusby

Aha, I just noticed the little Gunbuster reference in Star Driver's intermissions. I wonder when an Eva reference will pop up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No, I actually get that part.

But there's a jarring contrast when the list is full of Z or Y tier shows, except for just a couple that are closer to F, D or even C- tier.
Eh, it's not like nothing else has good production values.

jgminto

Yuyushiki 8

Lesbians confirmed
Nintendo fans!

The other trio of girls seem pretty fun. I hope we see more of them in the future.

JCG

Eh, it's not like nothing else has good production values.

I wasn't referring specifically to production values with those tiers, since there's certainly better animated or designed stuff among them too.

Geass was a fabulous trainwreck right from the start. It certainly amped up later on, but even in the first episode you had rollerblading knight robots to tell you how few fucks the creators gave deep down.

Sort of. Rollerblading knight robots are always awesome. Nothing is bad about those.

NeonZ

The censorship in this episode was trully ridiculous those beam of light are supposed to be blood since he was stabbed in both legs . The whole sequence is stupid since the public in the concert is still trapped in time ...WTF

Are you gonna left them in place like that ? WTF

The censorship in that episode was stupid. If they couldn't go with stabbings they just... shouldn't have gone with stabbings? It's not like they were following manga material or anything, so it's just odd.

Anyway, many people around Earth are being frozen in time, and left like that. It wasn't an oversight. Freeing those people and saving the world is Haruto's new motivation. You'll see the issue of people being frozen in time addressed directly two episodes later.

JCG

Going back to something I posted several hours ago...thanks for the comments on what I should watch first. I guess I'll start with either Simoun and/or Moribito and see if I can get episodic or at least general impressions going.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 1-4

I watched these episodes awhile ago after reading the manga to get my friend interested, he has since become a HxH fan and hates me for waiting with the rest of manga fans for Togashi to start writing again. HxH is such an incredible series both manga and anime form can't wait to see the rest of the Hunter exam and get to the more juicy arcs.

Necrovex

Revolutionary Girl Utena 3

Untitled_zps8c54b07f.png

I believe you. Only men with elegant red hair can be truly normal.

Chu-Chu continues to be an amazing support character. Such cuteness! He needs to be in a Tales of game.

And I'm happy the anime didn't have *another* duel this episode. I can only handle that awesome darkness song so many times.

Utena continues to be an amazing female lead. I can see why everyone at her middle school loves her. Also, I wish my middle school was that fancy and sophisticated.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 1-4

I watched these episodes awhile ago after reading the manga to get my friend interested, he has since become a HxH fan and hates me for waiting with the rest of manga fans for Togashi to start writing again. HxH is such an incredible series both manga and anime form can't wait to see the rest of the Hunter exam and get to the more juicy arcs.

Dont forget to post here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447118&page=1

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I was told that Kenya Boy wasn't a troll rec, but it's on the list. What exactly is its entertainment value?

It's definitely a troll rec; pizzaroll just pretends that it's not because it was directed by someone known for some live-action cult horror films. Being a troll rec doesn't mean that it's not still enormously entertaining, though!

wonzo

Banned
Chuu2 S2 stuff:

Season 2 occurs the following year in the Spring and will last until the summer. The new season will tone down the serious aspects and have a lot of romantic comedy hijinks. New character(s) will be introduced.

Might turn out to be not completely shit like the first season.

OceanBlue

I never thought in my lifetime I'd bear witness to this community's implosion. It's like the fabled snake Ouroboros that eats itself. Glorious! I can wholeheartedly label this momentous occasion.

:AnimeGAF

You should see what happens when you post that picture of Kuroneko's sister with the stuffed rabbit under her shirt (which makes her look as if she's pregnant) in OT. Well, maybe people have seen it enough times that it isn't such a big deal.

Chuu2 S2 stuff:

Might turn out to be not completely shit like the first season.

Sounds good to me. Will watch.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly I think the cast in Chuu2 is fine. Not sure how I feel about adding more. meh. More nonsense is good enough for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom