• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't handle true art it seems :(

Hehe, not sure why but a butt calling people out on being a philistine is the best thing ever.

Also super late happy birthday to all the birthday people and congrats Dresden, somehow you're supposed to maintain a semblance of civility here. Good luck with that!

So which animegaffer is up for promotion next? I'd say Jex, but I have no idea how often he posts outside of here.

Dragona recommended me some anime about an archaeologist once but I can't remember what it was called now and I never was able to track it down.

Probably Master Keaton as has been said, but you've probably left already.

cosmicblizzard won the bet (with me)!

What bet?

I'm surprised by this! I thought after watching series like Strike Witches, it was just a matter of course to fall into doujins. Especially when you end up with things like this:
twXvDVI.jpg

Although since I've seen you reference null a few times, lewd artwork isn't out of your remit...

There aren't really many I care for in the art department, though I absolutely love one that involves Erica, Hanna, Waltrud and a few more that I found more entertaining than arousing. Overall I just think I enjoy fanart and other things than searching for doujins.

Shirley is best witch.

Shirley and Perrine have been fighting for the number one spot for years, now if only there were more art of them together.

Perrine has glasses, she can't be the best girl.

That someone watching Space Brothers from the start would not keep up with it to the end due to overall length.

Oh right.

Well, I apparently correctly predicted it would be an ongoing long-running series. Pretty good chance I was wrong on that since there aren't many (or any?) seinen adaptations like that. Still, if I was right, it's kind of expected people would drop it. You don't see many people sticking around for 10+ years with any one show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That someone watching Space Brothers from the start would not keep up with it to the end due to overall length.
Is it just because of the length or would you also say there's a dip in quality?

Haven't watched it in eight weeks. Feels good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I should have said 'Can't appreciate'

Well my never again was more in reference to the fact that I stumbled upon that particular manga by accident and had no idea what I was getting myself into. So basically I like to be prepared in the future.

Pretty sure this was before I even started posting in these thread.

I was pure once…

Ultimadrago

Is it just because of the length or would you also say there's a dip in quality?

Haven't watched it in eight weeks. Feels good.

Well, perhaps both, yes. I believe it was shortly after the
"Liftoff!"
that I put it to rest. I simply wasn't enjoying it as much as before. I was less likely to forgive any foot dragging akin to
"Escape from the Capsule!"
and didn't want to stay for the next inevitable dose.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Railgun S 4-10

Pretty good. I think I like outfit Frenda wears. Pretty classy. The show is hitting its stride and while it deals with the Sister arc, an arc we already covered well enough for my tastes in Index, the show delves into territory that wasn't covered and for that I'm glad. Characters are shallow but I think it's enjoyable to see one characteristic exaggerated to the max and embody the entirety of that person. Also, Esper powers are cool. WIN!

He must be predicting that Dresden is going to ban you.

I knew what it meant. I was joking. And yes. I'm aware.

-Minsc-

Space Bros. 63

I had to fight back man tears.
It's as if a member of your own family is being diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Hopefully you!

I thought you, Kayos90, and Articalys would be mod material.

lol, I doubt I'm up for consideration. I've butted heads with Evilore a few times and I'm fairly certain he doesn't like me that much. I imagine even if some super nice mods nominated me, the rest would just laugh.

That's nice that you guys think I'd be qualified though, even if no one else does. Thanks!

Defuser

Akibaranger S2 ep 11

Holy fucking shit, this revelation beats season 1's ep 12 revelation and it's making my head hurt and amazed at the same time.

Joe Molotov

Ojamajo Doremi 01 & 02

Errbody watching this show. Is this the new (old) Smile Precure? I guess I should get in on some of this action too. So who am I supposed to be shipping in this show...?

Oh, I see.

j/k, sexualizing Doremi's is bad. This is a cute show, though. Will watch some more.

Also...

Binbougami ga! 01

VbuXXdP.jpg
bFoHP27.jpg

:chet levels are also unusually high!

The first episode was pretty funny, I like this show so far.

Theonik

Well my never again was more in reference to the fact that I stumbled upon that particular manga by accident and had no idea what I was getting myself into. So basically I like to be prepared in the future.

Pretty sure this was before I even started posting in these thread.

I was pure once…
And look at you now...
image.php

If animeGAF ever gets its own manga we'll keep your corruption arc in mind.

7Th

Sorry, bros; NewGAF is bloated shit that I can't browse. I guess we will talk only in IRC from this point on.

RIP IN PEACE

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry, bros; NewGAF is bloated shit that I can't browse. I guess we will talk only in IRC from this point on.

RIP IN PEACE

I actually like it a lot because the font size is bigger. I know I can manually control the font size but I'd prefer to keep it on normal.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Did you watch the original TV version or the Kissdum-R version of the episode?

BDs. I don't know if a broadcast version is even available but if it is I'd like to see it. The fact that the next episode is a clip episode, three episodes into the series, is pretty telling :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We just don't have enough appreciation for the samas running the site.
Time to commit sudoku!

Oh right.

Well, I apparently correctly predicted it would be an ongoing long-running series. Pretty good chance I was wrong on that since there aren't many (or any?) seinen adaptations like that. Still, if I was right, it's kind of expected people would drop it. You don't see many people sticking around for 10+ years with any one show.
Actually, since you would know, if the manga is about 100 chapters ahead of the anime, does that mean they have enough material to go on indefinitely assuming the manga never ends?

How far ahead is Naruto/One Piece?

Kurita

Actually, since you would know, if the manga is about 100 chapters ahead of the anime, does that mean they have enough material to go on indefinitely assuming the manga never ends?

I guess they could yes... They adapted like 120-130 chapters so far, that's around 13 volumes. There are 20 volumes atm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess they could yes... They adapted like 120-130 chapters so far, that's around 13 volumes. There are 20 volumes atm.

Yeah, I just saw that they are around 210 right now, while the last episode is at 119. So it seems like there's a lot of material for them to get to if they wanted to keep going indefinitely.

And certainly, unless they just do a massive montage time skip like the movie, it's going to take ages for Mutta to get to the moon.

Stuart444

Been a bit since I've posted in here so I'll sum up the stuff I've watched:

PhotoKano - everything up til now

Enjoyed this series, not surprised at the surprise sister ep, just some fan service before the show finishes.

OreImo S2 - everything up til episode 11

Again, enjoyed the series but it's not as good as S1. A lot of the early eps felt like 1 shots without a real overall arc until the Kuroneko eps. Still enjoyable I think but no where near as good as S1.

A Certain Scientific Railgun S - everything up til the latest ep

Absolutely fantastic series. I have enjoyed every episode. Not enough Saten though but it's the Sister's arc where she/Uhiaru doesn't do much anywhere (neither does Kuroko but we still see her more than the other 2).

The battle between Item and Misaka was great, Misaka's interactions with the Sisters has been pretty good. The stuff between Accelerator and angry Misaka was great though Accelerator seems even more psycho at the time.

And finally the latest ep with Misaka versus the Vending Machine was good, the face Misaka made when she realized that everything she has done til now has been meaningless. I love this anime :D.

Next episode of RailgunS (some Index spoilers included):
Railgun goes after Tree Diagram but finds out it's already destroyed I'm guessing? Not read the Manga but based on Index and what she says about tree Diagram and how Touma has already Destroyed it in the Index series, that's what I'm guessing

For anyone who's read the manga, any guesses as to what episode will be the final fight of the Sister's Arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom