• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, since you would know, if the manga is about 100 chapters ahead of the anime, does that mean they have enough material to go on indefinitely assuming the manga never ends?

How far ahead is Naruto/One Piece?

Sure, provided they slow the pacing and throw in some recap/filler episodes every once in a while. The problem with that is you get shows which are more filler than canon (Naruto) or ones that go at a 1:1 ratio (One Piece) or less which is absolutely abysmal pacing for weekly series. Striking a good middle ground is tough. Interestingly enough, the show that was actually able to pull this off was Fairy Tail, but even that ended (for now).

I have no idea where Space Bros is in relation to the manga, but I imagine they'd just go at a 1:1 ratio for a bit. Don't know how they can throw filler in a show like that.

Yeah, I just saw that they are around 210 right now, while the last episode is at 119. So it seems like there's a lot of material for them to get to if they wanted to keep going indefinitely.

Unless the anime starts adapting at a rate of one chapter or less per episode, it'll catch up with the manga eventually.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sure, provided they slow the pacing and throw in some recap/filler episodes every once in a while. The problem with that is you get shows which are more filler than canon (Naruto) or ones that go at a 1:1 ratio (One Piece) or less which is absolutely abysmal pacing for weekly series. Striking a good middle ground is tough. Interestingly enough, the show that was actually able to pull this off was Fairy Tail, but even that ended (for now).

I have no idea where Space Bros is in relation to the manga, but I imagine they'd just go at a 1:1 ratio for a bit. Don't know how they can throw filler in a show like that.
It already has weird pacing, at least in terms of how the episodes just seem to end in the most random of places, so I have no idea.

They probably can't get away with doing another bunch of recaps again any time soon though... and it doesn't seem like they can just make up their own stories to add as filler (20 episodes from Apo's perspective), so it seems like it's going to hit the limit eventually...

Unless the anime starts adapting at a rate of one chapter or less per episode, it'll catch up with the manga eventually.
Is the manga weekly or monthly? It seems to be doing about 2 chapters per episodes anyway.

Kurita

It already has weird pacing, at least in terms of how the episodes just seem to end in the most random of places, so I have no idea.

They probably can't get away with doing another bunch of recaps again any time soon though... and it doesn't seem like they can just make up their own stories to add as filler (20 episodes from Apo's perspective), so it seems like it's going to hit the limit eventually...

Is the manga weekly or monthly? It seems to be doing about 2 chapters per episodes anyway.

Weekly

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So will [tweet] become forgotten like [post], [thread] and ?

People will probably still want to screen capture certain tweets before they get deleted or privatised.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Naruto manga is 77 chapters ahead of the anime...which has been and will still be doing fillers until end of July.
Shounen anime. :(
Maybe they need to make it two times a week!
Or realistically, maybe the anime will need to take a bit of a break at some point.
So will [tweet] become forgotten like [post], [thread] and ?

People will probably still want to screen capture certain tweets before they get deleted or privatised.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, what's noparse?!

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 18

This episode focused on:

- Michiru and Kaoru character development
- Minori being adorable as fuck

These are two of my favourite things in Splash Star. Best episode!

In short:

ibvlMZ2mh6lAWE.gif

(First gif I ever made. I think it was worth it.)

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 19

Oh hey, it's like one of the "magic notebook" episodes from Futari wa and Max Heart. Except better, because this is Splash Star and it makes all the things awesome.

tl;dr Michiru and Kaoru are the most tsundere villains ever.

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 20

More Minori being adorable and more Michiru/Kaoru development?! Hnnnnnghhhh...I'm not sure if I can handle much more of this!

nari~!

I love reading your impressions , i already knew but you're reminding me why splash star is one of the best seasons

Ps: stay strong ! the next episodes will be something else.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whoa, what's noparse?!

The ability to look totally smart because you can tell someone a BBCode like example text[/hightlight] without shoving spaces or asterisks in it and then telling them to repeat the code without said spaces or asterisks.

Taruranto

Gankutsuou #1

These clothes are fucking hypnotic

Well, this was... interesting. It seems the kind of thing i can like. And i heard good things about it, so i have high expectations.

OP is very good, ED seems skippable.

Yahari 12

UpXD073l.jpg

I actually don't mind how Haichi handled this.

I am a little disappointed though that's how the show ends (minus the bonus episode). I would really have liked to see the the aftermath of this arc.

jbug617

Banned
New pickups are in. This is my first Animal Crossing game so I'm looking forward to making a crazy town. All the Detective Conan DVD are the SAVE edition but I flipped the cover because I hate the ugle green SAVE sign.

BNYpiS_CYAAlIra.jpg

BNYpknUCcAAXuq6.jpg

Well, when your series is named

My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected

You probably should expect an ending like that lol

Well not like I wasn't expecting a downer ending.

Just that the next arc in the LN covers what happens after the festival and the reactions from his merry band of friends really made me want to see what happens then.

It's just an odd place to stop the anime adaptation especially since I doubt we'll get a season 2.

jbug617

Banned
Well not like I wasn't expecting a downer ending.

Just that the next arc in the LN covers what happens after the festival and the reactions from his merry band of friends really made me want to see what happens then.

It's just an odd place to stop the anime adaptation especially since I doubt we'll get a season 2.

I agree the way they ended the series was weird. It was like nothing really change from the beginning. He still an outcast and he likes it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom