• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
New pickups are in. This is my first Animal Crossing game so I'm looking forward to making a crazy town. All the Detective Conan DVD are the SAVE edition but I flipped the cover because I hate the ugle green SAVE sign.

BNYpiS_CYAAlIra.jpg

BNYpknUCcAAXuq6.jpg

So much awesome Conan! :D

Syrinx

Hyouka 6

Okay, Chitanda's good for Oreki and all, making him actually use his brain and having him actually contribute some sort of effort to those around him. But she really needs to get her curiosity in check. This wasn't at all a matter that was worth spending pretty much the whole club period on. Why couldn't it just be that the math teacher was having an off day and made an honest mistake? Why is that so hard to accept? As for why she got angry...I don't know, do some introspection (though I guess she didn't really leave the burden on them to figure out why she got angry for her, so maybe she realizes that). And while we're on that, she also needs to learn about personal space. She brings her face in waaayyy too close for comfort for normal conversation.

Boring episode. They should put Oreki's mind to better use than inane stuff like this.

Since my post got drowned in the "Dresden-sama is a mod yay" posts (congrats btw ^-^), I'll have to ask again: does anyone have a link to firehawk's SAO rant? I watched the series in part because I wanted to read it.

Mature

I checked out the series before I bought the DVDs. I haven't watched a lot I would say around 20 episodes and then I saw that the DVDs were being re-released so I bought them.
Cool. Check back here with impressions from time to time. Always great to read Conan impressions.

/XX/

I never thought I'd see other mangas/animes (outside of Jump ones) referencing to it since it's a not really a big series.
Binbougami ga! is a Jump series (Jump SQ), and it took over its airing timeslot from Medaka Box, so that's why it made the reference.
Yeah. They just went ahead with some cross-promotion when Medaka Box Abnormal was going to commence airing in that same time-slot, making little events and giving goodies:

「貧乏神が!」×「めだかボックス」コラボキャンペーンin秋葉原 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atphP1ZRSDo

http://medakabox.jp/special/medaka_binbougami.html said:
http://medakabox.jp/special/medaka_binbougami.html said:

And talking of Medaka Box animated series, four days until the release of its final volume that includes the Good Loser Kumagawa episode (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-8346)... cosmicblizzard soon will have the long-awaited 'Want To Be Winner' full version song!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know one of the main reasons I'm excited for the new anime season? New OPs and EDs. Really hope there's some stuff that's as good as Maou-sama and Muromi-san's OPs.

Syrinx

Congrats. You just completed what is widely considered as the worst episode in the series.

(I didn't think it was that bad tho)

It wasn't terrible. It's just that, even though the other mysteries so far were ultimately trivial things, they were at least things that made you say, "Huh. That's weird." Like the history of the school book being checked out the way it was. Important? No. But curious? Yes. But why the math teacher made the mistake he did can be explained by any number of things. It isn't curious at all. Maybe the dude was just having an off day. There. Explanation.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OPs and EDs have been rather disappointing as of late. Nothing has really made me go, "Yeah, I'd like to listen to this outside of the 90 seconds it is played during the show".

Though Attack on Titan did lead to all those ridiculous MADs.

cajunator

Banned
It's the 2nd model so the one with a longer barrel. Shame the nendoroid uses the barrel of the first.

They need to release this mod.
hINq21v.jpg

(And that torso)

She is going to be tankless when she arrives I'm afraid. But it did come with a Miho sticker!

This is so godlike.

I still don't get the hate for MAL...

Its not THAT bad except its impossible to read. Im also too lazy to install that filter thingy so I just avoid using it much. Not like I updated it often.

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 18

This episode focused on:

- Michiru and Kaoru character development
- Minori being adorable as fuck

These are two of my favourite things in Splash Star. Best episode!

Then at the end of the episode,
Michiru and Kaoru secretly saved the Precures' lives. And they were all wistfully like "I wonder if the Cures would say 'thank you' if they knew what we did?" I KNEW YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME REALLY. Their development is following exactly the same path as Kiriya so far, and I could not be happier.

In short:

ibvlMZ2mh6lAWE.gif

(First gif I ever made. I think it was worth it.)

Please tell me this show feels sufficiently different from Futari Wa. the main problem with Max Heart was it was the EXACT SAME THING as Futari Wa and not even with a new coat of pain(t).

I can agree with that.

You're buying this right?

Too fanservicey >_

That someone watching Space Brothers from the start would not keep up with it to the end due to overall length.

Thats probably true but its one of the more watchable long running series. Its very unique.

Ojamajo Doremi 01 & 02

Errbody watching this show. Is this the new (old) Smile Precure? I guess I should get in on some of this action too. So who am I supposed to be shipping in this show...?

Oh, I see.

j/k, sexualizing Doremi's is bad. This is a cute show, though. Will watch some more.

Also...

Binbougami ga! 01

The first episode was pretty funny, I like this show so far.

Binbougami ga needs to be licensed. fucking now.

New pickups are in. This is my first Animal Crossing game so I'm looking forward to making a crazy town. All the Detective Conan DVD are the SAVE edition but I flipped the cover because I hate the ugle green SAVE sign.

BNYpiS_CYAAlIra.jpg

BNYpknUCcAAXuq6.jpg

Good stuff! I agree on the green SAVE covers. they are fucking awful and make me sad.

Hyouka 6

Okay, Chitanda's good for Oreki and all, making him actually use his brain and having him actually contribute some sort of effort to those around him. But she really needs to get her curiosity in check. This wasn't at all a matter that was worth spending pretty much the whole club period on. Why couldn't it just be that the math teacher was having an off day and made an honest mistake? Why is that so hard to accept? As for why she got angry...I don't know, do some introspection (though I guess she didn't really leave the burden on them to figure out why she got angry for her, so maybe she realizes that). And while we're on that, she also needs to learn about personal space. She brings her face in waaayyy too close for comfort for normal conversation.

Boring episode. They should put Oreki's mind to better use than inane stuff like this.

Yep. episode 6 is widely thought of as the most boring/worst Hyouka episode.
Dumbest "mystery" ever. Who seriously would give two thoughts to that other than a quick guess at the reason and then moving on?

Yeah, Conan's got a lot of great OPs and EDs! ^_^ I love the music in the show too.

Yes :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdGPyuoLqsA
favorite one

Yeah. They just went ahead with some cross-promotion when Medaka Box Abnormal was going to commence airing in that same time-slot, making little events and giving goodies:

「貧乏神が!」×「めだかボックス」コラボキャンペーンin秋葉原 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atphP1ZRSDo

And talking of Medaka Box animated series, four days until the release of its final volume that includes the Good Loser Kumagawa episode (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-8346)... cosmicblizzard soon will have the long waited 'Want To Be Winner' full version!

Cant lose with either show though. they are both pretty fun.
Why isnt there a Shiranui figure? there should be several. Its all wrong.

You know one of the main reasons I'm excited for the new anime season? New OPs and EDs. Really hope there's some stuff that's as good as Maou-sama and Muromi-san's OPs.

Hells yeah. OP's are often one of my favorite things about a new season. there are usually some pretty good ones. Acchi Kocchi's was the last one to truly make me squee with joy though.

Monogatari will more than likely have several OPs or EDs for each arc, so those will most likely be great.

Can they beat renai circulation or platinum disco? I look forward to finding out!

OPs and EDs have been rather disappointing as of late. Nothing has really made me go, "Yeah, I'd like to listen to this outside of the 90 seconds it is played during the show".

Though Attack on Titan did lead to all those ridiculous MADs.

This seasons Naruto Shippuden ED - I Can Hear - DISH is one my favorite this season and the full version too. Otherwise, I think its really just three or so ops and ed that I think are fairly good and worth listening to again after the season finishes. (Genesis Aria - Arata The Legend, (OP), Yukitoki - Nagi Yanagi - (Yahari OP), Reason - Kamiya - Karneval ED, BE - Devil Survivor 2 ED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom