• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

you're on tumblr

please assume i posted that photoset which is just like that girl being like "i'm cute" and that other girl being "you're not cute at all" and then the first girl is all "Ehhhhhh?" "EHHHHH?" "YOU SAYIN' I'M NOT CUTEEEEEE?!?"

Theonik

image.php

Kurita

you're on tumblr

please assume i posted that photoset which is just like that girl being like "i'm cute" and that other girl being "you're not cute at all" and then the first girl is all "Ehhhhhh?" "EHHHHH?" "YOU SAYIN' I'M NOT CUTEEEEEE?!?"

I like cute real girls, not cute 2D girls ( ̄へ ̄) ( ̄へ ̄)

tumblr_monsbs7gIl1ramx0eo7_500.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i was sure Animegaf would have went full gif to go in summer mode while i was sleeping ...
Glad that everyone was so disapointed in the fake hyouka news that this never happenned.

Jex

[Mobile Suit Gundam Unciorn] - 5

When did the UC Gundam universe get so pointlessly complicated? I understand that this kind of needless complexity just occurs in any long-running series but it amazes me how much fluff and babble has wormed it's way into what was once a very simple premise. Complexity for it's own sake isn't good storytelling but what do I know, this is one of Sunrise's most successful works ever so clearly the fans wanted to relish in that kind of fanservice. I'm just here for the sweet robot action and terrible writing.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry guys. Ive been dealing with something on a personal basis that has left me physically, emotionally, and mentally drained. Thats why I havent been around much.
Im completely exhausted.

I like my tag

I like your tag and I like my tag too.

Madoka Magica 8

Not sure how to feel about this episode. It's mostly boring. It has some great Sayaka character work with her
falling deeper and deeper into darkness
. Other than that, it was mostly really boring.......until the last 7 or so minutes. Holy shit, information overload. You get the reveal that
Homura is a time traveler
and that all magic girls
are destined to become witches. I'm not sure what's the point of Magic Girls if they are a different kind of baby witch, but we shall see. Perhaps Catbbit wants to create a super witch? He is being called the Incubator by Homura
. Oh, and I guess
Catbbit is confirmed, 100% evil.
. No surprises there. I guess overall, the episode was really meh, but that ending was great. I'm getting really board with the "save all the crazy for the last 5 minutes" schtick this show keeps pulling. It makes things way more confusing than they aught to be and just getting old. Hope they change things up.

I suppose it also gave us one of the best moments in anime history
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/I_am_Latia/HOLEyshit.gif Too bad he got right up.....and then ATE HIS OWN CORPSE. What the what!"?!?!?!?!

This episode wasnt astounding, but very important. Several important points were revealed and there are still more to come. Definitely didnt find this episode boring!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's - 04

I figured
their weapons would get upgrades to use cartridges as well. Level playing field and all that. Nonetheless, looks like shit is about to go down come next episode.

Shit is about to go stratospheric. Hope youre ready for the ride.

Yyyyup, still too fast in here.

It is. Goddamn. 12 pages since last night.

Golden Boy - 6: The One about Creating Anime (END)

Amazing episode. You can tell some of the real-life frustration of the studio went into this episode. I'm sure reality was very inspiring towards the subject matter here. Gotta love the obvious author-aggrandizement.

Chie was hnnnnnnnngh. I love it when girls ponytail their hair when they get serious.

I'm sad this series is over though. I want more adventures with Kentarou. Such a likable character. Almost makes we wanna become a "freeder". Certainly gives you the drive to put yourself 100% into your job.

The comedy in this series was top notch. The dub was excellently performed. The girls went from adorably cute (the noodle shop girl) to sizzlingly hot (the biker chich, seriously).

I'm giving this OVA series the coveted rating of 10/10, for succeeding in all fronts at what it tried to be. It is only the third franchise I rate with a 10, after Azumanga Daioh and Cromartie High School, who gained it for a very similar reason.

Life is study, indeed.

This OVA is one of my all time favorites. the ending particularly makes it. I loved the whole animation studio ending (also done excellently in Paranoia Agent) and the way everything came together for Kintaro. This show is an absolute classic.

It's not pacing as much as a particular narrative structure the show's used in more than half of its episodes. I think the pacing of the overall show is pretty fantastic.

Madoka Magica 9

If episode 8, like a lot of episodes, packed a crapton of of crazy and exposition in a huge infodump at the very end, 9 spread crazy throughout the entire episode. Most of it was fallout from episode 8, but it was so damn well executed fallout.

The major bit of info comes at the very beginning turns out Cattbit
is an alien
. Did not see that one coming, but makes a lot of sense. Explains his evil personality well. We spend the entire episode around the character's dealing with the
whole Sayaka witch thing.
Amazing character work. Some really awesome buildup. It builds to make you think
their going to pull the whole "power of friendship is the only hope thing only to reveal there is no hope at all
. A great reversal. The incredibly dark end is amazing as well.
Fang girl sacrifices herself to take out Sayaka's witch and, by trying to stop Madoka from going magic girl, Madoka will be forced to become one.
. I don't think it's all that it seems, though. The show already has left itself an out. I'm betting
we're going to see Homura turn back time to try to turn events out in a way Madoka never becomes a magic girl.
. Given the tone of the show, though, it'll likely
all be for naught. Madoka is probably fated to become a Magic Girl, whether Homura wants it or not. It'll be Homura's curse to repeat these events over and over until she eventually dies or becomes a witch herself.

Wow. I wont say anything but....youve pretty much nailed it.

Date A Live 12 end

Was that an orchestrated remix of the OP I heard? Fuckin sweet! Say what you want about everything else, but this show had some damn good music, including that track that sounded suspiciously like Dr. Mario.

Pretty good finale, at least in presentation. Action was solid even if it wasn't the most standard or satisfactory stopping point.

The show as a whole was definitely something. I stand by my statement that it's TWGOK + Infinite Stratos. It definitely had a lot of dumb stuff, but it was at least entertaining. The second Kurumi was introduced, it became more than a simple time waster.

Will definitely watch season 2.

Absolutely! Second season when? Its like the slightly less stupid sister show of Infinite Stratos or a dumber TWGOK with cuter girls (except Shiori)

I'd say this thread is a good analogy for the season. Almost everything went to "meh".

Some things went south, but it wasn't a terrible season or anything. Or maybe I just have low expectations coming off a Winter season where Minami-ke and Inferno Cop were the only good shows.

jgminto

Some things went south, but it wasn't a terrible season or anything. Or maybe I just have low expectations coming off a Winter season where Minami-ke and Inferno Cop were the only good shows.

I know, that's why I said "meh" not "shit"

Also Jojo was in winter right? So you take that back.

Theonik

The real problem with this season is it lacked a real poster child sort of show. There were decent shows of course but most didn't live up to their initial potential, and there wasn't a single "I NEED NEW EPISODE OMG" sort of shows like past seasons with Fate/Zero etc.
Valvrave was the closest to that this season and that's telling.

I know, that's why I said "meh" not "shit"

Also Jojo was in winter right? So you take that back.

I forgot Jojo was still airing, so make that three shows.

The real problem with this season is it lacked a real poster child sort of show. There were decent shows of course but most didn't live up to their initial potential, and there wasn't a single "I NEED NEW EPISODE OMG" sort of shows like past seasons with Fate/Zero etc.
I thought Gargantia could have ended up that show, but it ended up in the good, but not amazing category.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My animelist even lists the show as Comedy, Romance, and School. Where is the romance?
dude has gone on multiple dates at this point. i dunno, it is exactly what i expect from the worst brand of harem show wherein the easy route out is that nothing happens.

wonzo

Banned
Aku no Hana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom