• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

The Supernatural animu adaptation had Carry On My Wayward Son as its ED theme.

MadP, I'm also a HUGE fan of Gravity. We truly are bros, no doubt.

Articalys

Excerpt from the ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D interview at Fanime with Crunchyroll:
U: I got a pocket English conversation guide and studied it before coming here.
2RASH: In that book, there was a chapter on “Relationship Trouble”, and the [coffee pick-up line] came from there.
U: That’s right. Asking a girl out for a coffee. There are few pick up lines that we practiced, too.
2RASH: He used it on an Asuka cosplayer at Fanime and she replied “Anta Baka?” She was a little embarrassed, I think.
(all laugh)
U: That was fun. Very good memory of Fanime.
Part 1
Part 2

/XX/

She's still in the animegaf irc :)
That's cool! But I can't even keep up with the conversations here so I don't see myself joining the frantic IRC. Someone should post a 'Risette Says' section on particular topics as they are being talked about at this place. For example...

Risette said:
... at least to keep some kind of indirect contact with the people here!

It might actually work if it was a choir and not one dude feeding his baby with the airplane spoon.
That's true. First thing I imagined for this 'sound FX' technique when announced was a choir doing the work... maybe there was not enough budget!

Impressively, Colony Drop has finally produced a second fanzine issue.
Does this means Ben is coming back to writing articles and Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine didn't actually kill him?

Yyyyup, still too fast in here.
Man, is that one of the reasons you don't post here anymore?

• Ah! My Goddess but this time Keiichi has a brain
    AnoNatsu

uhuhuhuhuhu

AW YISS JUMPSUITS

lol someone is trying to drive a wedge in the romance. There's no room for a third wheel! Now, heeeere comes the Mein in Buraku!

All of this love web-ery is reminding me of AnoHana. Maybe there's something to these "ano" shows.
I should learn Japanese someday

The Episode title is the most DUH thing I've seen in this anime. But this show is so cute that I'm just going to excuse it.

I'm surprised Third Wheel isn't freaking out that her rival is wearing no pants. Third wheel is seriously a masochist for throwing herself in this situation.

Wait, are the predestined lovers SERIOUSLY surprised at that revelation? Really?

zeroshiki

In case someone is crazy enough to have an Xbox Live Gold Japan account, some game called "Joyride Turbo" is their free game for that PS+ like thingy they're doing.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

madp

The Light of El Cantare
In case someone is crazy enough to have an Xbox Live Gold Japan account, some game called "Joyride Turbo" is their free game for that PS+ like thingy they're doing.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Who wants to bet that it's just the Japanese version of Yaris?

zeroshiki

Who wants to bet that it's just the Japanese version of Yaris?

At least its not 5 years old.

http://www.xblafans.com/joy-ride-turbo-review-xbla-48938.html

Release date: May 23, 2012

Isn't Joyride Turbo like, some android/iOS game?

Also what's on PS+ JP anyway?

JP PSN+ is pretty shitty but it has the same number of games as the Western PSN+. Just that the games are crappy. It has SIREN right now and a ton of PSP and Vita games.

Kagami

I wonder if any Japanolinguists here know if there's some kind of term for Japanese who disproportionately play Western games.
洋ゲー厨 / yougee chuu
yougee = Western games
chuu = slang for "kid" that's used as a generic derogatory add-on the way "f*g" is on 4chan

zeroshiki

洋ゲー厨 / yougee chuu
yougee = Western games
chuu = slang for "kid" that's used as a generic derogatory add-on the way "f*g" is on 4chan

chuu is a loooooong way away from f*g but I get what you're trying to say.

For an example, Kagami is an eroge-chuu while firehawk12 is a mono no aware-chuu.

Articalys

Spring 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

17,940 *1 Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
*8,656 *3 Karneval [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/28
*5,072 *3 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/31
*4,162 *2 Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. Z [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/05
*3,155 *1 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21
*2,813 *3 Yuyushiki [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/29
*1,933 *1 Devil Survivor 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19

**,*** *0 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
**,*** *0 Arata Kangatari [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21

Volume 1 debuts bolded.

BD early list cutoff 2194
so that DeSu2 number is DVD only for now, could have some BDs still

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 5

Before I begin let me take this moment to say: I miss ZZ Gundam. The ZZ was not as cool as the Zeta, but man do I miss Judau and the gang foiling Glemy and Haman's plans. Especially Roux. COME BACK ROUX or I'll
be forced to rebel against my country and use clones who will be endearing and tragic until you shoot me down!

Ms. Marida is the best thing about Gundam Unicorn's cast so far. Although the annoying fat guy has his moments, too. And I like to pretend that the lady with the hilariously masculine face is an older Nina Purpleton because I can see Nina as having a manly face and also becoming an even douchier person in her old age.

It's been like, 40 years or whatever since the original MSG came out, right? And in all this time, not one person has dared depict Bright Noa with sclera. Not. A. One. Guy is super awesome, though. If he'd been around to raise his son, I wonder if he wouldn't've turned out to be such a douchebag.

Also, Bright Noa is the most genre savvy character in any Gundam show ever. He was able to figure out that Judau was a Newtype the first time he met him because Judau's pattern of running into the Gundam was just like Kamille and Amuro's, and now he's basically flat out telling Banagher to grow a pair because accidental acquisition of a Gundam is the first step on the path to getting to bang hot chicks, fight Char Aznable, and make your mind one with the infinite expanses of God's cosmos.

In other words, Bright Noa is telling Banagher to man the fuck up. Why couldn't Bright be in EVERY Gundam series? Having him there to slap Flit, Shinn, and Setsuna would've basically altered the course of those series. Particularly AGE. If anyone had ever slapped Flit, millions of people would not have died.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Beltachika! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Well, this series is officially out of the running for best UC Gundam now. IT'S KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!! Man, I haven't seen him in FOREVER. He looks just as douchey as ever! Oh, Kai.

Even though I'll never see either of them again, I choose to believe that CCA SPOILERS
Amuro isn't dead. He probably had amazing make up sex with Sayla and then they high tailed it for Jupiter or something. THE END.

That's all well and good, Bright, but no way in hell did any mobile suit ever choose to be piloted by that dumbfuck Katz, AKA the worst male character in UC Gundam. Ensign Riddhe is the new Glemy Toto.

Banagher Links is so stupid that every stupid thing he does costs someone their life. He may not be AS stupid and terrible as Katz but BOY IS HE TRYING. No wait nevermind maybe that's Ensign Riddhe. Jeez, sure are a lot of idiots in this show. Thank goodness for people like Audrey, Bright, and Marida to make smart choices as this show goes on.

LAWL, yeah, Riddhe, you might wanna think twice about dissing Gundams when you're piloting a semi-Gundam yourself, pal.

Only one more episode before I join the crowd of poor fools waiting to see the end, huh?

yami4ct

Madoka Magica 11-12 (END)

Interesting. I'm going to have to let this sink in a bit, so expect full reactions later. I'll probably do a full series writeup tomorrow, so that'll be the perfect time to due a full reflection on the ending. It'll take time to fully gather my thoughts on it anyway.

I will say this, it was much bigger, more bombastic, and
metaphysical
than I expected. I was imagining something smaller, more traditional, and quite frankly
less hopeful
. I feel like the ending was a bit too deus ex machina in the detail, but very emotionally resonant and on point. Had me tearing up on a couple occasions. Overall, I think the emotional aspect is far more important than the perhaps a bit weak plot detail, so it doesn't really matter. I really liked it, I think. I'll talk specifics more tomorrow.

Also, just read there's going to be a movie with a new, original story coming out? What the what? Really not sure how they pull that off without ruining the impact of the end. I mean, I see a possible storyline, but it isn't all that interesting. We shall see.

CorvoSol

what if instead of magic skirts they got magic speedos or cups under their pants instead?

I wish I had never asked.

The Count of Monte Cristo's OP and ED.

The ED to Le Chaviler D'Eon (I think)

Is this the one where the guy is fighting like zombies and is a member of a French order of secret knights and turns into his sister and stuff?

I saw one episode of this with my dad and thought it was the weirdest of things.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I wish I had never asked.

Is this the one where the guy is fighting like zombies and is a member of a French order of secret knights and turns into his sister and stuff?

I saw one episode of this with my dad and thought it was the weirdest of things.

Yes I'm rewatching it right now cause i never got the chance to finish it and forgot where i was. There's more to it as it goes on though.

Lain

The Count of Monte Cristo's OP and ED.

The ED to Le Chaviler D'Eon (I think)

That's sung by Aya (probably my favorite female rock singer from Japan) and it's the only reason I bought the OST for the show (it was the only way to get it).
I'd love to know what happened to her and why she disappeared.

CorvoSol

Yes I'm rewatching it right now cause i never got the chance to finish it and forgot where i was. There's more to it as it goes on though.

I wasn't hip to its jive, I guess.

So I realized at last that Gaming Side does have an odd dislike for anime for some reason, considering its gaming side by reading this thread: here.

But then again someone did bring up Sword Art Online.

But then again I cannot believe some of the things I've seen posted in that thread.

So I realized at last that Gaming Side does have an odd dislike for anime for some reason, considering its gaming side by reading this thread: here.

But then again I cannot believe some of the things I've seen posted in that thread.

Hoo boy I read that Kotaku article retroactively after I had seen the show. Those were some real laughs, and I even liked Sword Art Online.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
That's sung by Aya (probably my favorite female rock singer from Japan) and it's the only reason I bought the OST for the show (it was the only way to get it).
I'd love to know what happened to her and why she disappeared.

It is a really good ED.

Honestly, strip away its supernatural elements and think its a good mystery show with a dash of Game of Thrones like power play stuff, iirc. (I haven't seen game of thrones but I hear that's a big part right? ) You'll likely see my episode impressions here soon.

And yeah is gaming. :/

Articalys

Blu-ray June 17-23

Code:
*1, 32,385 32,385 Girls und Panzer vol.6 
*2, 15,378 15,378 Oreimo S2 vol.1
*3, 14,601 14,601 Love Live! vol.4
*4, 12,037 12,037 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.7
*5, 10,166 10,166 The Garden of Words BD+CD Soundtrack Bundle
*6, *8,752 *8,752 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Blu-ray Box 1
*7, *7,174 *7,174 Macross Plus Complete Blu-ray Box 
*8, *5,430 *5,430 Berserk Ougon Jidai-Hen III: Kourin 
*9, *4,891 *4,891 Psycho-Pass vol.7
10, *2,845 *2,845 Tamako Market vol.4
11, *2,615 *2,615 Majestic Prince vol.1

DVD

Code:
*3, 2,562 **2,562 Oreimo 2 vol.1
*6, 1,957 **1,957 Animation Film The Garden of Words 
*7, 1,933 **1,933 Devil Survivor 2 The Animation vol.1 
*8, 1,766 **1,766 Girls und Panzer vol.6 
*9, 1,716 **1,716 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.7 
10, 1,557 **1,557 Kamisama Kiss vol.7 
11, 1,377 **1,377 Karneval vol.2 
12, 1,292 167,445 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo. 
13, 1,260 **8,258 Initial D Fifth Stage vol.6 
14, 1,240 **1,240 Psycho-Pass vol.7
15, 1,120 **1,120 Berserk Ougon Jidai-Hen III: Kourin 
19, *,614 ***,614 Hiiro no Kakera S2 vol.6 
21, *,540 ***,540 Majestic Prince vol.1 
23, *,516 ***,516 Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East vol.4 
28, *,434 ***,434 Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Hen vol.1
29, *,433 ***,433 Tamako Market vol.4 (DVD)

/XX/

If that was the case we should have made an 'AnimeGAF Sings' for it already... we can still beat /a/ on this as they couldn't complete a decent mix for their submissions of it!

It's becoming increasingly untrue that no Western games sell in Japan anyway. There's a relatively substantial Call of Duty fanbase there.
Those are the chosen ones that overcame the endemic motion sickness that plagues their countrymen. I salute them!

Yay, stereotypes ahoy!

So uh, I find that I really really like OPs that are played by bands from foreign countries (specifically english speaking?)

I really really liked Oasis' Falling Down in Eden of the East, and The Light Before We Land by the Delgados in Gunslinger Girl. What are some other examples? (to add to my backlog lol)
The Legend Of Black Heaven opening 'Cautionary Warning' by John Sykes, Tetsuya Nishio approved:

課長王子 NCED - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xUdGzLx2jA

They should make an ROTK anime. That would be awesome.

Ikki Tousen
Koihime Musou

(No, this is not an invitation to turn Liu Bu into a girl)

Here I'm not sure if you meant Liu Bei or Lu Bu, but either way, they're both better as girls. Tee hee.

Both Ikki Tousen and Koihime Musou feature loli versions of Zhuge Liang. I'm not precisely sure why he's is always a loli, but I still find it entertaining.

zeroshiki

cnet128

Banned
Danganronpa Prologue - Chapter 1

Not the most creative of stories (reminds me of the little I've played of Corpse Party, though not really frightening) but it was certainly thrilling to actually feel like you're solving a mystery and getting an incredibly satisfying yet completely horrific reward for doing so. That being said, I have no clue how well if at all this will transition into a 13 episode TV series since the first case took me like an hour to go through. There'll certainly be pacing issues but I hope they can nail the tenseness of the trials.

I loved both Danganronpa games, but a big part of their appeal was their incredibly stylish presentation. I'm a little apprehensive about whether the anime adaptation will be able to replicate that effectively.

999 SPOILERS

Real talk, the best parts of 999 are
June's elevator conversation, finding the Zero Watch, the Axe Ending and of course the for reelz ending.

I don't know, I'm pretty partial to the Safe Ending myself.

duckroll

Fantasista Doll looks really disappointing. I was hoping for a new Angelic Layer type show, but the PV just looks boring and plain. Definitely not going to bother watching it now, so that's one less Summer show! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom