• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
First proper PV for Fantasista Doll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsKeRDdCj7Y

There's actually a male character who has about two seconds of speaking time in this one.

Character designs are 2weeb4me, like they should be party members in an Idea Factory JRPG or something.

Didn't think Brains Base would adopt such a garish technicolor palatte for Blood Lad, though it makes sense if you're working from the volume covers. I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NunYQehWUw

Finally.

I'm mildly interested in this.

Yeah, even as a Precure addict, I'm not seeing anything interesting or compelling here.

will probably check it out anyway

That's because Satou Naoki effortlessly rips Takanashi Yasuharu to shreds.

Jintor

I thought Magical Girl shows were supposed to look magical, not like a dull hangover of colours.

Man, a Magical Girl show based around Office Ladies who were really pissed off about life and spent most of their time drinking and then had to fight monsters in the morning would be rad

Jex

Giant Robo 04

OMG yes, all over my face! Giant robot sakuga, fight scene sakuga, flying robot eye sakuga, feels sakuga, orchestral soundtrack sakuga. This episode was amazing, this series is amazing.

The best thing is that about Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still is that each episode is better than it's predecessor. You've got so much quality still to come!

wonzo

Banned
First proper PV for Fantasista Doll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsKeRDdCj7Y

There's actually a male character who has about two seconds of speaking time in this one.

Also I could immediately tell from the music that it was by the recent Precure composer.
I thought this was gonna be like Busou Shinki but with a female MC. Fuckin' 7th had me all hyped for this and everything too. :(

Didn't think Brains Base would adopt such a garish technicolor palatte for Blood Lad, though it makes sense if you're working from the volume covers. I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NunYQehWUw

Finally.
Why couldn't Studio Pablo be working on this instead. (╯︵╰,)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't raise your expectations too high.
I did say only the first episode. Usually I give the first three episodes a chance. So yeah, my expectations are low. I admit the wacky colours did attract me unlike Mr YouTube commenter here:

As a reader of the manga i have to say that the artstyle should be much more dark, and not that colorful...

Maybe that's because you're reading something that is in black and white!

Articalys

New CD Singles for last week

*9, 15,488 *15,488 Naruto: Shippuuden ED "I Can Hear"
23, *3,140 **3,140 Kakumeiki Valvrave ED "Soba ni Iru yo"
25, *2,775 **2,775 Magical☆Star Kanon 100% OP "Kanon 100%"
29, *2,008 **2,008 Karneval Character Song vol.2 Yogi & Tsukumo
54 ,*1,002 **1,002 Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy OP "Gachi de Katou zet!"

Jex

The Season is pretty much over... Wasn't the worst, but still wasn't the best. Definitely not looking forward to summer.

There have certainly been far, far worse seasons. Aku No Hana, Gargantia, Valvrave and to a much lesser extent Attack on Titan have made this an enjoyable season. I'm excited to watch three of those shows every single week.

mAcOdIn

So uh, I find that I really really like OPs that are played by bands from foreign countries (specifically english speaking?)

I really really liked Oasis' Falling Down in Eden of the East, and The Light Before We Land by the Delgados in Gunslinger Girl. What are some other examples? (to add to my backlog lol)
I really like the OP from Ergo Proxy, the song's called Kiri from Monoral. I think they're Japanese but they sing in English here. This song's way better than the ED's shitty Radiohead song.

Also, it's an ok show to boot, Re-l's awesome, even the little girl's awesome, shame about the plot and story though.

Edsit: Also, somehow I like the Gasaraki OP.

So I'm skipping your request somewhat, they're not from a country outside Japan.

Jex

Man, I can't step away from this thread for a couple days without something crazy happening can I? Stump's posting EotE impressions, tamerlane is gone and who knows what I missed in the 20 pages I can't be arsed to read through. Also I secretly want Dresden to go mad with banning power just so we can dub it the dresden bombing.

To be fair those were the only major things you actually missed.

Theonik

Priss is too low.
Can't be helped the others were just higher at the time of writing. That is through no fault of Priss though.

Dragona' probably. Foreign language tags were her thing.
It's also a Monty Python reference so I'd say it's more likely to have been Dragona than Hito.

Hey peeps how sfw is Garden of Words? Will the feet fetishism give me a bad rep?
The foot aspect of it is almost non-existent. Do not worry!

It's been my complaint from the beginning. You gotta learn to take the dial off 11 sometimes.
Araki's gonna Araki. That's all he knows.

For Syrinx, every season is backlog season.
Theonik is wondering why Syrinx is referring to himself in 3rd person.

Soo uh, anything else to shove down my throat movie wise?
Plenty more Happy Science films to watch.
Also take a look at the list

There was that big a gap between 10 and the last 2? Holy crap, why? That would have killed me had I watched it at the time.
Tsunami supposedly, but the real reason is that the show wasn't finished.

Wait did you just call Катюша corny?

You should run again for animegaf student council.
I'm running against him.
Ha! Ass if I could win this.

How the thread will look immediately afterward:
Too much Yayoi. Well worth it. Especially when they get their asses banned.

I wonder if any Japanolinguists here know if there's some kind of term for Japanese who disproportionately play Western games.
裏切り者

Kenya Boy

I don't even.
Finally! Been waiting for this!

Saw it with friends. Laughed hard.

Beyond vague mentions of social commentary and the Stroheim cameo I don't know what to say.
Did you appreciate the bravery of Japanese men?

Lewd(ish) picture from the official Yuyushiki Twitter is lewd.
Good.

Smoke
cocks
everyday.
Cocking!!

Looks dull.
Like every anime starring young girls ever.
You do realise this is an open declaration of war.

Your avatar has truly warped your mind.
You are the second person accusing me of that now. But I did mention in my previous impressions that I had a soft spot for Nene.

Jex

Mushi-Shi 12

I normally don't write anything about Mushi-Shi, because it's mostly a very nice and relaxing show and I wouldn't want to say "THIS IS AMAZING" in every post. But honestly,
I was totally not expecting them to go over Ginko's backstory. And bonus points that Nui is actually the narrator's voice too. Amazing episode all around.

It's okay, you can say that every episode of Mushi-Shi is amazing if you want. I wont stop you!

But they are! From June to September involved on a TV series by Brain's・Base... that one is BLOOD LAD.

Can't be. The art directors of Blood Lad are Masaki Mayuzumi (Studio Jack) and Toshiyuki Sakae (Art Team Convoy). Their participation hasn't been officially announced, but Studio Pablo has to be working on Brothers Conflict - which would make sense, since it shares staffers with Sengoku Collection.

Spring 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

17,940 *1 Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
*8,656 *3 Karneval [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/28
*5,072 *3 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/31
*4,162 *2 Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. Z [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/05
*3,155 *1 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21
*2,813 *3 Yuyushiki [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/29
*1,933 *1 Devil Survivor 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19

**,*** *0 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
**,*** *0 Arata Kangatari [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21

Volume 1 debuts bolded.

BD early list cutoff 2194
so that DeSu2 number is DVD only for now, could have some BDs still

Didnt think karneval would be a top seller this season. Fifth best once valvrave, utapri, and titan come out?

As usual some stuff I love just fails bad :( poor Arata.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I don't really wind up seeing the subversion. It plays everything by the books but instead of offering character moments we wind up with a few snide comments from the main character and lengthy monologues about an imaginary high school social structure. Even if it was a deconstruction what analysis would it be making about the genre?

Your asking for something that isn't there. Would it be better if it had character moments? Quite possibly. That doesn't mean that it isn't the opposite you would expect from a harem.

My animelist even lists the show as Comedy, Romance, and School. Where is the romance?

/XX/

Can't be. The art directors of Blood Lad are Masaki Mayuzumi (Studio Jack) and Toshiyuki Sakae (Art Team Convoy). Their participation hasn't been officially announced, but Studio Pablo has to be working on Brothers Conflict - which would make sense, since it shares staffers with Sengoku Collection.
But I thought that was Brothers Conflict.

Oh, is it? I thought it was BLOOD LAD because that's the work that Brain's・Base says is next on their schedule for 2013 (http://www.brainsbase.co.jp/works/index.html). Now I'm confused, they don't mention that other series.

Jex

Kino's Journey 1

Always wanted to check this one out. From the outside looking in, I drew basic comparisons with Jing: King of Bandits. A quiet traveler in an orange coat, a talking companion, and a series of self-contained episodes, each set in different worlds with cultures and vices. But whereas Jing is very much a shounen James Bond, Kino's a silent cartographer. I'm so very interested in just how self-aware Kino is. The necessity of travel, the fear of settling down, and the inspiration from the bird in flight. It's pretty evocative, and I certainly care enough to delve deeper.

You've chosen widely. Make sure not to miss the OVA's/extra Kino's Journey material.

Jex

I was going to do a song ranking on my original post but I couldn't decide. Just looking at the songs is unfair I think. But even looking at the sequences, both the concert sequence and the Episode 2 sequences were pretty rad on their own right.

Yeah, the Mad Machine intro is certainly one of my favourite in anime. It's really slick right up until the English title appears at the end in a really awkward manner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfPzSC50JY4

Spring 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

17,940 *1 Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
*8,656 *3 Karneval [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/28
*5,072 *3 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/31
*4,162 *2 Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. Z [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/05
*3,155 *1 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21
*2,813 *3 Yuyushiki [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/29
*1,933 *1 Devil Survivor 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19

**,*** *0 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
**,*** *0 Arata Kangatari [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21

Volume 1 debuts bolded.

BD early list cutoff 2194
so that DeSu2 number is DVD only for now, could have some BDs still

So why didn't they make Oreimo two cour show. WHYYYYYYYY. Makes no sense.

Kurita

You do realise this is an open declaration of war.

i79Ic2Q6mUMqr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom