• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've seen six new gaf members in the Sony E3 thread and three of them seem to be anime fans (judging by their avatars (naruto, one piece)) but theres a reason there not here in this thread.
Actually, there are two reasons that are more likely: 1) they aren't aware of this thread 2) it simply moves too fast for their liking.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (1993) 1
TavuJGjl.jpg
uFnnrwil.jpg
The surprise was dogs.

Massive improvement over the 2000 OVAs, plus it's not all fucking srs bsns all the fucking time. Even the music doesn't suck anymore. And that gore/water animation goddamn.
Kakyoin is not really gonna go blind... right? :( NOOO KAKYOIN

The stands are still elemental-based, but using sound to locate the opponent is somehow less of a ridiculous idea than the power of mirrorz. I love it!
Some of the shots in here look like something out of David Production.
Polnareff is best Jojo.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Don't worry guys. They're just following the rules of romantic comedies.

Probably they designed the original series with the mindset that it likely wouldn't be tapped for a sequel, so now that it's happening KyoAni went "Oh shit! RETCON TIMES!!"

There's also a third reason: People feel intimidated and perceive us as less welcoming than we actually are. :/

I don't know, we're a pretty grouchy bunch. I'm sure there are people who come in here and see us shitting on shows they enjoy and stay away. You don't have to be threatening to the actual posters to keep people away.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't know, we're a pretty grouchy bunch. I'm sure there are people who come in here and see us shitting on shows they enjoy and stay away. You don't have to be threatening to the actual posters to keep people away.
No, you're right, but a lot of what's said isn't entirely serious either.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Regulus: Yeah, there's that too.

Duckroll: My kindle 3 certainly does, but my iPod touch 4 handles it all really well!

Question.

How many US cities have appeared in anime in some form? Modern or past or futuristic etc. Like an actual shot of the city and not just a line.

New York is a popular one, Huston in all the space animes. hmmmm. I know for a large chunk of Shaman King they were in america, but did they visit any actual real cities?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Question.

How many US cities have appeared in anime in some form? Modern or past or futuristic etc. Like an actual shot of the city and not just a line.

New York is a popular one, Huston in all the space animes. hmmmm. I know for a large chunk of Shaman King they were in america, but did they visit any actual real cities?
"Memphis" is in Pop Chaser.

You should watch Pop Chaser.

Reknoc

Question.

Eyeshield 21 (inb4 Kurita)

edit: shit, my first double post T-T

Question.

Jormungand Perfect Order, was even in a five guys burgers and fries in Va.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Question.

Red Garden is all New York City, but the references are easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom