• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Episode 15
tumblr_mnk0vya2vu1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

The start of the episode was really the highlight with the Gamillians actions. Though I don't support their actions or whatever as they are really led by some pretty terrible leaders who put fear first or just go too extreme reasons for whatever purpose. Somehow I guess by the end of the series were supposed to be challenged with thinking of who is really good or bad, which I figure goes back to what the humans have done as well in the first encounter scenario touched on but not fully detailed just as yet, if there is more to be said there? But I liked how the scene looked for that one destruction scene.

It felt as if somehow decided to enhance their attention to detail on the character models to make them feel like they are more in motion, or gave made them more expressive? The scenes with Shima especially in the room and their coffee discussion highlighted that well and then just the various moments in battle with the Gamillian and Yamato commanders.

The battle itself was pretty good and intense for the strategy employed.
I think what made it more suspenseful than previous ones was that it was just the perfect plan and what not and had it not been for that event, I wonder if Yamato would have not made it out.
Though in terms of action, I think the battles are much better when they use the fighters and such for some good old one on one or one on many action. But still for this it was definitely up there for one of the best. I liked the use of the Wave Energy Shield.

And as usual my favorite displays/maps

All of the cast has really grown on me too
poor Shinohara :(
and I hope Shima continues to be given chances to lead and what not or even just more scenes in the battles (it looked nice how it went blurry to not blurry). Kodai as well (so happy when he saw the commander in addition to his great scenes with Shima).

Dessler/Leader cant really be dead. That just seemed too sudden and a cheap way to kill off such a coveted and character in such a position. Who among the Gamillians even wants him offd. For the Gamillians I also enjoy seeing that one second commander who is under the commander in the battle get all emotional over the actions employed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Something I wonder: when do Japanese learn to drive? Because I've never seen high schoolers taking driving lessons in anime. Do they do it in their college years?
Commuting is so pervasive that I imagine it's a skill that has to be sought for individually, and only by those with the financial means.

jgminto

Well it was probably better that they brought individual pillows. I don't think I'd want to see two dudes double-team a pillow.

Coxy

Valvrave 4-5
wet t-shirts, upskirts and glee and naked lolis painted on streets and football pitches, I guess they werent the only ones trying to raise funds

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Look it all that Infinite Stratos 2 fanservice.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16541.html
I like the first ASCII art response. :p

Dat Chifuyu.
She's presenting. lol

6 in a room... damn!

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Episode 15
Dessler/Leader cant really be dead. That just seemed too sudden and a cheap way to kill off such a coveted and character in such a position. Who among the Gamillians even wants him offd. For the Gamillians I also enjoy seeing that one second commander who is under the commander in the battle get all emotional over the actions employed.
It makes sense though, with the instability, a coup makes sense. The fact that the "humans" are also going through their own coup, despite the seemingly singular purpose of their mission (survival), is a nice parallel).

Slayers 26

So wait, the one who lands the final blow is neither Lina, nor Gourry, but Sylphiel? With a cure spell? What kind of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest nonsense is this!!! Hahaha, nice to see Sylphiel's reaction to Prince Phil be exactly the same as Lina's was.

What comes next, Slayers NEXT? Or Evolution?
Gotta give sylphiel some reason to exist.
Watch slayers NEXT and experience the highlight of adventure fantasy anime ( still the best after so many years )

dulce report and that shindol wheelchair doujin both need some ova's imo
Oavs , hell no this need a 13 eps TV serie to do this thing justice.
Dulce report whats that?
*types into google*

1366931417792.gif

This thread is becoming more and more perverted.

Eh, I've seen way worse. We could get into some real perverted shit if you like.

No , this is probably the limit, otherwise we'd be scaring the newcomers.
Besides this is the third time we're talking about dulce report in less than a year, something is clearly happenning

Code Geass 17

Blah blah blah, more Lelouch jackin' it off to his own "accomplishments". That's really how this show is going to end, isn't it? With Lelouch jerking it to his own glory all the way through? Well at least it won't be like AGE, where they built a statue of Flit's dick so they could suck it even after he was dead.

Seriously, though, the Empress of China is the cutest thing ever. Forget Fugly Nunally, that Chinese Empress is ADORABLE.

Oh look, Lelouch ran away again when his rebellion needed him most. Is anybody surprised? Nobody? Well I guess at this point why would they be?

And at long, long last, Lelouch admits that
he ordered Euphemia to kill those people and murdered her of his own volition.
I swear if Suzaku doesn't at least take a swing at him now . . .

THANK YOU SWEET GOD OF MECHA, FOR HEARING MY PRAYERS!!!

Aaaaaaaaand now Suzaku is showing even the slightest shred of kindness to Lelouch and encouraging him to be a knight for justice.
SCREW YOU, GOD OF MECHA!! Why do you hate me so?

Really, Lelouch? REALLY? HE betrayed YOU? Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Sneasel has to be the most non-character a named character can be. Seriously even people like Sayoko have had more characterization than him.

Princess Cornelia deserves to hear that recording of Suzaku and Lelouch's conversation.

I have a feeling that episodes 18 and 19 will make you very, very happy.

Well, Schinzel is supposed to be the "Calm, cool, collected, nice-guy" type. There's not a lot of characterization to go on that unless you go into detail on a back-story.

But he'll get his time to shine.
Well sort of, anyway.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No , this is probably the limit, otherwise we'd be scaring the newcomers.
Besides this is the third time we're talking about dulce report in less than a year, something is clearly happenning
I count two. I wonder what I'm missing.

Edit: Haha, searched and it's more like 4-6.

Kazzy

It's kind of amusing to see how Chuunibyou has retroactively become worse for the majority of the thread. Sure, it wasn't as good as it perhaps should have been, given the pedigree of KyoAni. It did have a weak finale, and it perhaps was content just to meander, but it wasn't bad. In the anime ghetto, it's definitely far from the worst. I won't refute that it wasn't disappointing, but it has some ridiculous hyperbole thrown its way.

It's kind of amusing to see how Chuunibyou has retroactively become worse for the majority of the thread. Sure, it wasn't as good as it perhaps should have been, given the pedigree of KyoAni. It did have a weak finale, and it perhaps was content just to meander, but it wasn't bad. In the anime ghetto, it's definitely far from the worst. I won't refute that it wasn't disappointing, but it has some ridiculous hyperbole thrown its way.

It belongs in the same tier as Ano Hana and Angel Beats.

I thought it was funny until episode 5, then it became gradually worse. although 6 had NibutaniXDog if I remember correctly.

But what does that mean!?

Some guy made a video in which he cries over the ending a lot?
Is that the Ano Hana tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom