• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post in the new (to me) thread! Yay! :p

Anyway, while I was at Anime Boston over the last weekend I picked up (amongst other merchandise) the rest of what Sentai's released of Hidamari Sketch, namely seasons two, three and the OVA release. Two episodes in on 365...still love the art style, not to mention all the wideface :D.

I also grabbed Discotek's rerelease of Gunbuster 2. It's been awhile since I've watched the OVA version so I'm really looking forward to it.

Though a lot of that is warranted. All community threads are fairly cloistered, which is especially apparent in one as large as this. It can be difficult to find a point to join in the stream of consciousness that is this thread!

Also, this place is full of contrary assholes. So if you do happen to click on a particular page, that perception rings even more true.

Not to mention all the community specific jargon/injokes can be pretty intimidating. Flinging terms like :chet :DTL :SDBurton :kayos etc. can make new people to the thread feel like outsiders.

CorvoSol

Though a lot of that is warranted. All community threads are fairly cloistered, which is especially apparent in one as large as this. It can be difficult to find a point to join in the stream of consciousness that is this thread!

Also, this place is full of contrary assholes. So if you do happen to click on a particular page, that perception rings even more true.

I am like the nicest guy, though, who would never, ever say a mean thing to anyone ever.

/lies

First post in the new (to me) thread! Yay! :p

Anyway, while I was at Anime Boston over the last weekend I picked up (amongst other merchandise) the rest of what Sentai's released of Hidamari Sketch, namely seasons two, three and the OVA release. Two episodes in on 365...still love the art style, not to mention all the wideface :D.

I also grabbed Discotek's rerelease of Gunbuster 2. It's been awhile since I've watched the OVA version so I'm really looking forward to it.

Do the Hidamari releases look decent? I heard Sentai used the TV version for the first season DVDs and for a Shaft show that could mean a lot.

Metrotab

Banned
The Devil Works At McDonalds - 8

I really hope this KFC rivalry continues. It'd be hilarious to see the Devil's statesmanship in action for fast food bucks.

Blusby

I don't see the problem. :p
fc2blog_2012051708163572c.jpg

image.php

Do the Hidamari releases look decent? I heard Sentai used the TV version for the first season DVDs and for a Shaft show that could mean a lot.

For a DVD release it looks ok.I think the quality is at least a little better than the first season, but I would have to go back and watch it again to compare.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I just realized.

The funny part about the emotes was that they sort of came about when GAF had smileys built in - :lol and :D - but new members probably don't even know what those things are at this point.

:firehawk

Not to mention all the community specific jargon/injokes can be pretty intimidating. Flinging terms like :chet :DTL :SDBurton :kayos etc. can make new people to the thread feel like outsiders.

I thinks its also because we usually don't talk much about the popular anime ( yeah yeah I know how much you guys hate naruto,bleach, one piece etc but thats how most people first see anime). Also I am sure a large part of gaming side never go to OT.

You know, I just realized.

The funny part about the emotes was that they sort of came about when GAF had smileys built in - :lol and :D - but new members probably don't even know what those things are at this point.

:firehawk

Wasn't that only like a year and a half ago?

Though I suppose in internet terms, that's a long time.

I thinks its also because we usually don't talk much about the popular anime ( yeah yeah I know how much you guys hate naruto,bleach, one piece etc but thats how most people first see anime). Also I am sure a large part of gaming side never go to OT.
We dont hate one piece.
We just dont talk about it

cajunator

Banned
*come home from a day of work*

*10 pages*

Nope.

Awww.

Yeah no kidding. all I did was sleep a few hours and 5 more pages appeared, LIKE MAGIC.

Dulce report whats that?
*types into google*

1366931417792.gif

This thread is becoming more and more perverted.

More perverted? How is that possible?

Tsugumi for life

The only Tsugumi I care about. The Miyukichi one.
Tsugumi.gif

You guys should totally google Mai-chan no Nichijou.

Don't do it.

Mai chan is straight up gore. Not recommended to look at.

Muromi-san or Ika Musume?

Ika!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh1ar3eERT4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom