• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

There's also a third reason: People feel intimidated and perceive us as less welcoming than we actually are. :/

Though a lot of that is warranted. All community threads are fairly cloistered, which is especially apparent in one as large as this. It can be difficult to find a point to join in the stream of consciousness that is this thread!

Also, this place is full of contrary assholes. So if you do happen to click on a particular page, that perception rings even more true.

smh

Just wait until Kizu + Kabukimonogatari, all my feels.

Of course thanks to SHAFT's ineptitude the "wham" of Kabuki won't mean as much because Kizu won't even have a release date by the time it airs.

Is there a good Kizu translation out there? I'm thinking about reading it to get that full effect but I don't want to suffer through something that doesn't do it justice which I can imagine is hard to do with Nisio Isin without resorting to a ton of TL notes.

Question.

How many US cities have appeared in anime in some form? Modern or past or futuristic etc. Like an actual shot of the city and not just a line.

New York is a popular one, Huston in all the space animes. hmmmm. I know for a large chunk of Shaman King they were in america, but did they visit any actual real cities?

No one has mentioned Eden of the East yet and how it prominently features Washington DC? Smh, I'm disappointed in you AnimeGAF.

Jormungand Perfect Order, was even in a five guys burgers and fries in Va.

Hmm, maybe I should watch this just to see all the places I'll recognize. I keep hearing that it isn't that great though and it's sort of White Fox's fall from glory :/

7Th

JWzrSoO.png

We in there!

Finally, someone that actually realizes the real meat of the interview.

NeonZ

Once again, from the upcoming Jump issue, more character designs for Gintama Kanketsu-hen:

If they're going for some kind of "dark bad future" troll plot, they're certainly going all in.

There's also this merchandising leak. It's not a troll plot.

Besides, the movie should be the equivalent of one of the serious arcs (the first movie was an adaptation of one of them, even), and making it a troll would be a complete copy & paste of the time skip arc...

Articalys

Well, I guess I meant in terms of being a parody, not a bait-and-switch. Poor wording choice on my part.

Disclaimer: I haven't really watched much of Gintama, so I probably shouldn't try to make side comments on unfamiliar material.

NeonZ

Well, I guess I meant in terms of being a parody, not a bait-and-switch. Poor wording choice on my part.

Disclaimer: I haven't really watched much of Gintama, so I probably shouldn't try to make side comments on unfamiliar material.

Alright, makes sense. The series has already done a parody of time skips arcs with everyone becoming older besides a certain character, only for everything to become goofier and all was reset at the end.

So, this movie likely will go for something different. This future probably won't be as dark as it seems and there'll certainly be humor, but I don't think it'll be a complete joke.

Necrovex

Revolutionary Girl Utena 4
Untitled_zps8f26f926.png

Chu-Chu Vs. Octopus. Sorry, Chu, but I am putting my money on the octopus.

Miki is not a guy. Nope. Impossible. I refuse to believe it. Persona 4 spoiler:
That's like telling me Naoto is a man.

I am also happy Nanami got punished this episode. I wanted bad things to happen to her, and I got my wish. :-D

Now, I am getting curious about those two shadowy, ballerina-esque women.

I never read the manga, but holy cow at the art differences. I really need to read that manga now. I'll probably adore it, since I enjoyed the anime.

Syrinx

What the hell did you guys do last night? At least you had the good graces to keep it to Google search references that I shall remain oblivious to because I'm lazy.

duckroll

Yuyushiki - Episode 8

kwNUVja.jpg

I think these are left over effects animation from Code:Breaker. RIP.

This episode was pretty funny. I guess it comes as no surprised that a bunch of mentally retarded girls with serious personality problems are also... Nintendo fans! (Don't kill me, it's a joke!) Roflmao. The jokes got more and more awkward as the episode went on, which was really entertaining in a disturbing way, but the final scene was totally WTF. I really don't get the characterizations on the show, it's just so weird and wacky. But I guess that's what gives it the offbeat humor. Lol.

Still waiting for the show to return to a high level of visual polish. Another outsourced episode this week. Lacking the exceptional layouts and cool animation cuts the earlier episodes had! Boo! >_<

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yuyushiki - Episode 8

This episode was pretty funny. I guess it comes as no surprised that a bunch of mentally retarded girls with serious personality problems are also... Nintendo fans! (Don't kill me, it's a joke!) Roflmao. The jokes got more and more awkward as the episode went on, which was really entertaining in a disturbing way, but the final scene was totally WTF. I really don't get the characterizations on the show, it's just so weird and wacky. But I guess that's what gives it the offbeat humor. Lol.

Still waiting for the show to return to a high level of visual polish. Another outsourced episode this week. Lacking the exceptional layouts and cool animation cuts the earlier episodes had! Boo! >_<

I swear it's like there's a different person posting under your account when you post Yuyushiki impressions.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
RahXephon -END-

I don't understand what the fuck happening... But.

i5EHlOM13AVoo.gif

I'm so fucking happy now.

ah yeah good shit son

Question.

How many US cities have appeared in anime in some form? Modern or past or futuristic etc. Like an actual shot of the city and not just a line.

New York is a popular one, Huston in all the space animes. hmmmm. I know for a large chunk of Shaman King they were in america, but did they visit any actual real cities?

Dallas is shown in Code Geass.

Gunsmith Cats takes place in Chicago.

Red Garden takes place in New York City.

A lot probaby show up G Gundam, can't recall exactly which ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom