• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Though a lot of that is warranted. All community threads are fairly cloistered, which is especially apparent in one as large as this. It can be difficult to find a point to join in the stream of consciousness that is this thread!

Also, this place is full of contrary assholes. So if you do happen to click on a particular page, that perception rings even more true.

I think its just that it moves too quickly. there are contrarian judgemental assholes all over Gaf, but the only difference here is the thread moves ridiculously fast.
I still haven't caught up and Im using multi quotes on each page lol.

Someone needs to compile a list of names of important japanese VA, animators, directors and why I should care about them.

I'm awful with names T_T

directors:
Yoshitoshi ABe - Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, Neia_7
Shinichiro Watanabe - Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Kids on the slope
Miyazaki/Ghibli - The Disney of Japan
Hideaki Anno - a crazy fucker who made Eva and other ridiculous things
Ikuhara - a crazy fucker who made Utena, Penguin Drum and parts of Sailor Moon

character designers:
Akio Watanabe - god tier designer of Komugi, Bakemonogatari, TWGOK and loves bandaids
Range Murata - god tier designer of Last Exile, Shangri La and not enough other things
Hanaharu Naruko - hentai designer who also did the Gargantia design and fucking rules

VA's
KanaHana - the voice of an angel
Miyukichi - another sweet perfect voice
Halko momoi - The cutest voice in the world
Kana Asumi - cute as fuck
Chiaki Omigawa - so adorable. Haters gonna hate.

a bunch of other people

Charllotte <3

an island of wonderful sanity and perfection in a sea of hateful crazy harem bitches.

This crashed the fuck out of my computer. Is it supposed to do that?

Tenumi

Banned
Yuyushiki: 08

hsQXTfc.jpg

So many funny moments this episode, and so many deserved screenshotting. So sad that this season is approaching its end.

Mine atm is.
Miyako ( she's just awesome)> Yuno (she's just adorable. that sigh <3) > Nori (dont know why, but I just like her character and her voice) > Yoshinoya (Best homeroom teacher in anime probably) > Sae (her yuri blush is awesome)> Hiro (waifu!, but not a fan of the 'kyaa im fat' trope)> Nazuna (she's shy cute, but that's about all she has...)

I do like the whole cast though!

directors:
Yoshitoshi ABe - Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, Neia_7
Shinichiro Watanabe - Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Kids on the slope
Miyazaki/Ghibli - The Disney of Japan
Hideaki Anno - a crazy fucker who made Eva and other ridiculous things
Ikuhara - a crazy fucker who made Utena, Penguin Drum and parts of Sailor Moon

character designers:
Akio Watanabe - god tier designer of Komugi, Bakemonogatari, TWGOK and loves bandaids
Range Murata - god tier designer of Last Exile, Shangri La and not enough other things
Hanaharu Naruko - hentai designer who also did the Gargantia design and fucking rules

VA's
KanaHana - the voice of an angel
Miyukichi - another sweet perfect voice
Halko momoi - The cutest voice in the world
Kana Asumi - cute as fuck
Chiaki Omigawa - so adorable. Haters gonna hate.

a bunch of other people

paint me a ... sound picture of those VA's lol. Like key roles so i have a point of reference :p

Rayearth

Neo Member
The only pregnant woman I remember in anime is Osono.

One of the bridge bunnies in Vandread is pregnant. This actually becomes an semi-important plot point in Second Stage.

Also, the male doctor character freaks out when he discovers this, at first thinking that she has a parasite in her.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
brainwash all the elementary school girls to get pregnant.

Wait what?

Not right away, of course! When they're older! I thought that'd be obvious. :lol

But it could also be targeted at the mothers! Remember, the Super Hero Time block's second largest audience is stay-at-home moms who watch it with their kids. Hence why Kamen Rider always casts male models in the lead roles.

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 24 (END)

These two really make a fucked up couple. If they're even a couple, which is kinda left ambiguous. Overall, this finale gave me Key vibes, both in soundtrack and tone. Still kinda messed up how Satou's whole social net just left him behind, but I guess "that's life".

Entertaining series, Satou was a likable protagonist, Yamasaki went from annoying to bro, the VN arc was interesting and both Sempai and Misaki were very cute in their own way.

I rate this show 7/10.

Not right away, of course! When they're older! I thought that'd be obvious. :lol

But it could also be targeted at the mothers! Remember, the Super Hero Time block's second largest audience is stay-at-home moms who watch it with their kids. Hence why Kamen Rider always casts male models in the lead roles.

I don't think male models aura makes the wife want to fuck the husband when he comes home from work :p

cajunator

Banned
Yay I caught up again! :D

First post in the new (to me) thread! Yay! :p

Anyway, while I was at Anime Boston over the last weekend I picked up (amongst other merchandise) the rest of what Sentai's released of Hidamari Sketch, namely seasons two, three and the OVA release. Two episodes in on 365...still love the art style, not to mention all the wideface :D.

I also grabbed Discotek's rerelease of Gunbuster 2. It's been awhile since I've watched the OVA version so I'm really looking forward to it.

You are so lucky to have access to a huge anime convention. I have to make do with a couple small ones locally. Mechacon isn't even that big but its in NOLA and I usually have to work during it so I don't have the time to drive there >_
Houston has some but I have no idea when or if I can attend.

Not to mention all the community specific jargon/injokes can be pretty intimidating. Flinging terms like :chet :DTL :SDBurton :kayos etc. can make new people to the thread feel like outsiders.

I don't think they are that hard to learn. More like people just don't know what they are. Maybe if they could be included in the OP so people have an understanding of what they mean.

I can't believe that I'm actually going to seriously discuss ANIME ANATOMY, but this is my take:

The culprit is the combo of lowleg bikini bottom + overly-defined mound of venus (refer to danbooru tag if you're not sure). Some artists add too much curvature to the lower abdomen when trying to differentiate it from the hips or start the curve too high and, well, this happens.

You've put way too much thought into this!

Man, now I gotta listen to that one character song of hers again.

can you link it? youtube are Nazis.

The issue is shitty tiered data plans on phones. 100 page layout you can easily load up like 50mb of gifs per page.

I have no such problem with my phone (unlimited data)
Plus 50ppp is superior.

what is animegaf's tier list for hidamari sketch cast anyways?

Miyako > Yuno = Nazuna > Yoshinoya > Hiro, Sae, Nori, Natsume etc
Actually I don't like ranking them because they are all adorable as fuck.
Its not fair.

the following spoiler spoils AN ENTIRE SHOW simply by referencing the title. DON'T LOOK UNLESS YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY:

HAVE YOU NEVER WATCHED YAMI?!?!?!?!?

Ahahaahahaha. Oh god.

paint me a ... sound picture of those VA's lol. Like key roles so i have a point of reference :p

Hmmm....
Hanakana - Zange-chan in Kannagi, Charlotte dunois in IS, Shiori in TWGOK, Chiaki in Space Pirates, Kuroneko in Oreimo, Mikan in Toloveru, Kobato in Kobato, Tsukimi in Princess Jellyfish, and a bunch of other perfect girls.

Miyuki Sawashiro - Mint in Galaxy angel, Aoba Tsugumi in Kannagi, Inaba in Kokoro Connect, Aruruu in Utawarerumono, Dorm leader (god) in Maria+Holic , Y in Jinrui, Serika in Space Bros

Halko momoi - Komugi Nakahara from Nurse witch Komugi and soul Taker, Mii in Popotan, Feyris Nyan Nyan in Steins;Gate

Kana Asumi - Miya from amagami SS, Yuno from hidamari, Poplar Taneshima from Working.

Chiaki Omigawa- Elena Peoples from Eureka Seven AO, Nazuna from hidamari, Hiotori from Soredemo, Mami in Space Pirates, Minko in Hanasaku Iroha

Hmmm....
Hanakana - Zange-chan in Kannagi, Charlotte dunois in IS, Shiori in TWGOK, Chiaki in Space Pirates, Kuroneko in Oreimo, Mikan in Toloveru, Kobato in Kobato, Tsukimi in Princess Jellyfish, and a bunch of other perfect girls.

Miyuki Sawashiro - Mint in Galaxy angel, Aoba Tsugumi in Kannagi, Aruruu in Utawarerumono, Dorm leader (god) in Maria+Holic , Y in Jinrui, Serika in Space Bros

Halko momoi - Komugi Nakahara from Nurse witch Komugi and soul Taker, Mii in Popotan, Feyris Nyan Nyan in Steins;Gate

Kana Asumi - I only need to mention Miya from amagami SS

Chiaki Omigawa- Elena Peoples from Eureka Seven AO, Nazuna from hidamari, Hiotori from Soredemo, Mami in Space Pirates, Minko in Hanasaku Iroha

k. I'm on board and I don't even know what I'm on board for!

Hmmm....

Miyuki Sawashiro - Mint in Galaxy angel, Aoba Tsugumi in Kannagi, Inaba in Kokoro Connect, Aruruu in Utawarerumono, Dorm leader (god) in Maria+Holic , Y in Jinrui, Serika in Space Bros

Kana Asumi - I only need to mention Miya from amagami SS

But what about the one and only Yunnocchi?

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 24 (END)

These two really make a fucked up couple. If they're even a couple, which is kinda left ambiguous. Overall, this finale gave me Key vibes, both in soundtrack and tone. Still kinda messed up how Satou's whole social net just left him behind, but I guess "that's life".

Entertaining series, Satou was a likable protagonist, Yamasaki went from annoying to bro, the VN arc was interesting and both Sempai and Misaki were very cute in their own way.

I rate this show 7/10.

One of my top favorites. Watched this show so many times already.
Misaki is completely adorable in every way but her personal issues and life are kind of really fucked up. Poor thing.
Sempai was a really likeable character too although obviously not without her own issues. Everyone in this show has some mega fucked up issues.
I particularly enjoyed the pyramid scheme part and how it showed how deep a person can get themselves into that scam. Its really sad.

I think its just that it moves too quickly. there are contrarian judgemental assholes all over Gaf, but the only difference here is the thread moves ridiculously fast.
I still haven't caught up and Im using multi quotes on each page lol.

This crashed the fuck out of my computer. Is it supposed to do that?
Powerof the CG.
Time to upgrade your graphic card

One of my top favorites. Watched this show so many times already.
Misaki is completely adorable in every way but her personal issues and life are kind of really fucked up. Poor thing.
Sempai was a really likeable character too although obviously not without her own issues. Everyone in this show has some mega fucked up issues.
I particularly enjoyed the pyramid scheme part and how it showed how deep a person can get themselves into that scam. Its really sad.

What the about the best character....Satou

tumblr_mlix3eQSWA1qcuoflo1_500.gif

Satou is always portrayed as the victim but in Misaki's eyes he's the hero.

cajunator

Banned
What the about the best character....Satou

tumblr_mlix3eQSWA1qcuoflo1_500.gif

Satou is always portrayed as the victim but in Misaki's eyes he's the hero.

Satou is a pretty great character. In some ways hes a horrible hikikomori, but in some ways I think he advanced beyond that. At least he was willing to go outside sometimes and work.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While I said I didn't know what Dulce Report was earlier, I realise now that I have actually read it, just never really took the name on board.

It gets an official BGBW recommendation!

Syrinx

Went ahead was and read into Dulce Report. Was expecting worse. Maybe it goes into deeper and darker places, but the basic description isn't gonna give me nightmares or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom