• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Behold! SnK cosplayers!
sr7xJiS.jpg
The dreaded 250 pounds titans.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Harem ending!
Yeah, I noticed that too. They're the only ones I would say were drawn well if making them look pregnant was the goal in mind.

I can't believe that I'm actually going to seriously discuss ANIME ANATOMY, but this is my take:

The culprit is the combo of lowleg bikini bottom + overly-defined mound of venus (refer to danbooru tag if you're not sure). Some artists add too much curvature to the lower abdomen when trying to differentiate it from the hips or start the curve too high and, well, this happens.

Metrotab

Banned
I arrived on the scene in between the removal of smiley's and the removal of moving avatars. I kinda miss those but I get the aesthetic complaints against them.

cajunator

Banned
ultimatemegax posted a more detailed transcription of the Chuunibyou article from the upcoming issue of Megami magazine. There's comments about the volume 7 OVA episode, and some general comments about season 2.

Disappointing yet expected. no Touka? Treading water? fuck.
Still gonna watch for rikkacute and Nibutan.

It's kind of amusing to see how Chuunibyou has retroactively become worse for the majority of the thread. Sure, it wasn't as good as it perhaps should have been, given the pedigree of KyoAni. It did have a weak finale, and it perhaps was content just to meander, but it wasn't bad. In the anime ghetto, it's definitely far from the worst. I won't refute that it wasn't disappointing, but it has some ridiculous hyperbole thrown its way.

I loooooved Chuu2. First season was quite fun as short as it was.

This is why mobile GAF has an option to turn off GIFs.

I don't turn off gifs in mobile. Gifs are a big part of the fun!

Question.

How many US cities have appeared in anime in some form? Modern or past or futuristic etc. Like an actual shot of the city and not just a line.

New York is a popular one, Huston in all the space animes. hmmmm. I know for a large chunk of Shaman King they were in america, but did they visit any actual real cities?

Chicago in Gunsmith Cats
Miami (fucking lol) in Miami Guns.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I thinks its also because we usually don't talk much about the popular anime ( yeah yeah I know how much you guys hate naruto,bleach, one piece etc but thats how most people first see anime). Also I am sure a large part of gaming side never go to OT.

There are dedicated OTs for the big three, although the Naruto and Bleach OTs are much slower than the One Piece OT. This, of course, doesn't prohibit discussion of any of these shows in this thread and in fact we've had a fair number of members post impressions for One Piece here as they make incredibly the long trek through that show.

Best rule of thumb for posting impressions in AnimeGAF is to give no fucks if anyone else in the thread has a problem with you watching or enjoying a particular show. Instances of personal attacks due to taste are thankfully rare, and, well, the thread is large and diverse enough now that there's no longer any pressure to impress anyone in particular with your opinions.
Although, this attitude is why I started posting Precure impressions back in the day, and that quickly spun out of control and ruined the thread, so yeah...

Wasn't that only like a year and a half ago?

Though I suppose in internet terms, that's a long time.

I've been a member for roughly a year and a half and smilies were already disabled for a good while before I began posting.

Hidamari Sketch x SP (rewatch)

ixGWOSrS1u0l.jpg
ib0ULsiaxt2R0E.jpg

Back that ass up, Oyasan!

It's almost like x ☆☆☆never ended! This series overall needed more Oyasan, and this is probably my favorite "chapter" with her in it (well, maybe that one episode in Honeycomb). Also there was some weird Meguca eyecatches because even Ume-sensei's ego can get big.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hidamari Sketch x SP (rewatch)

It's almost like x ☆☆☆never ended! This series overall needed more Oyasan, and this is probably my favorite "chapter" with her in it (well, maybe that one episode in Honeycomb). Also there was some weird Meguca eyecatches because even Ume-sensei's ego can get big.

You know, even though SP is really just an extension of sorts for Hoshimittsu, I really, really like it, and consider those two episodes among my favorites.

And the OP and ED are amazing, too. The OP for the song and the ED for the animation.

There are dedicated OTs for the big three, although the Naruto and Bleach OTs are much slower than the One Piece OT. This, of course, doesn't prohibit discussion of any of these shows in this thread and in fact we've had a fair number of members post impressions for One Piece here as they make incredibly the long trek through that show.

Best rule of thumb for posting impressions in AnimeGAF is to give no fucks if anyone else in the thread has a problem with you watching or enjoying a particular show. Instances of personal attacks due to taste are thankfully rare, and, well, the thread is large and diverse enough now that there's no longer any pressure to impress anyone in particular with your opinions.
Although, this attitude is why I started posting Precure impressions back in the day, and that quickly spun out of control and ruined the thread, so yeah...

There are OT's for Naruto and Bleach? Wow did not know that thanks!
I actually like readin impressions of shows from other people even if I've never watched the show. Sometimes it makes me aware of anime I would have never tried before. Maybe one of these days after the 1000th precure episode impressions are posted I will watch it ;)

Ultimadrago

The only pregnant woman I remember in anime is Osono.

hey guys, can someone PM me when they announce Hyouka season 2.

thanks

Shouldn't you be in a Square-Enix thread?

Well, so, a while back I told A Black Falcon that I'd watch Senran Kagura. Supposedly it has decent writing or some shit. So, fashionably late as it may be, I finally watched the first episode.

This shit sucks, no way is it better than Railgun. I despise everything about it. About the only positive thing I can say about Senran Kagura is that unlike a similar show I watched, Himawari, which is also a despicably bad show, that none of the characters had a voice as annoying as one of the girls in Himawari. And I guess not setting up a student teacher paring in the first episode is also a plus for Senran Kagura. ABF, is this show seriously better to you than A Certain Scientific Railgun? Because I'm not seeing it. Queue Kuroko banging her head on a table.gif.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
what is animegaf's tier list for hidamari sketch cast anyways?

There is no good and bad, only wide and wider.

There are OT's for Naruto and Bleach? Wow did not know that thanks!
I actually like readin impressions of shows from other people even if I've never watched the show. Sometimes it makes me aware of anime I would have never tried before. Maybe one of these days after the 1000th precure episode impressions are posted I will watch it ;)

Naruto OT

Bleach OT (it seems to have died with the anime, though. You might be better off in mangaf although be warned that they despise Bleach.

I'm sure that everyone here can recount multiple occasions that they picked a show up because of someone else's impressions. Of course, some people work harder to actively "sell" shows to other people than others. (I'm guilty of that.) And that was an implied warning to stay away from Precure! Too many have gone down the dark path already.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I love the entire cast, but it would go something like:

Yuno > Miyako > Oyasan > Nazuna > Sae > Hiro > Yoshinoya > Natsume > Nori

With Arisawa/other named side characters somewhere I can't decide.

She's waiting for Sae and Hiro to graduate, she's a good lady!

Mine's pretty much that, except with Nori and Yoshinoya switched.

EDIT: Wait no, switch the first two as well. Miyako is best girl.

Metrotab

Banned
There's the pregnant teacher in Tari Tari.

Samurai Champloo - 24

Like expected, this show uses the same formula as Cowboy Bebop did: spent a whole lot of episodes on side-characters that don't really matter, and let the actual plot resolve itself in the final episodes. I think this approach to storytelling has both advantages and disadvantages, but I feel it works better here because of the actual physical trip the characters had to undergo.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I love the entire cast, but it would go something like:

Yuno > Miyako > Oyasan > Nazuna > Sae > Hiro > Yoshinoya > Natsume > Nori

With Arisawa/other named side characters somewhere I can't decide.

While you have the OTP at the top, I'm afraid I must hurt you for having Natsume below Sae and Hiro, which in other circumstances I'd be totally ok with.

Ultimadrago

There's one in
Code Geass too.

Oh yeah. I recall now that you mention it.

what is animegaf's tier list for hidamari sketch cast anyways?

Miyako > Yuno > Principal = Yoshinoya > Hiro > Sae

Those are from the characters that matter anyways.

nao's mom is pregnant in smile precure.

They have like a dozen kids. That dad is always smirking.

What are you implying, chickdigger?

I can't believe that I'm actually going to seriously discuss ANIME ANATOMY, but this is my take:

The culprit is the combo of lowleg bikini bottom + overly-defined mound of venus (refer to danbooru tag if you're not sure). Some artists add too much curvature to the lower abdomen when trying to differentiate it from the hips or start the curve too high and, well, this happens.
Yeah, I was trying to nicely put it that it wasn't drawn well at all.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418670

Hrm, at least two+ years ago. But it feels much longer.
A little longer ago than I remembered, but it wasn't really that long ago.
Future reference?
For when I'm in a giving mood.
Your memory is too good, it scares me.
I only remember the important things.
There's, sadly, not enough instances of pregnant women in animu.
This is where we pick up the slack.

While you have the OTP at the top, I'm afraid I must hurt you for having Natsume below Sae and Hiro, which in other circumstances I'd be totally ok with.

It was a matter of the amount of love plus what they bring to the show, and Natsume just doesn't appear that often no matter how much I love when she's on screen.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The fact that pregnant lesbians are not a thing in anime is an affront against good taste.

the following spoiler spoils AN ENTIRE SHOW simply by referencing the title. DON'T LOOK UNLESS YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY:

HAVE YOU NEVER WATCHED YAMI?!?!?!?!?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
the following spoiler spoils AN ENTIRE SHOW simply by referencing the title. DON'T LOOK UNLESS YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY:

HAVE YOU NEVER WATCHED YAMI?!?!?!?!?
There's only so much stupidity I can take at a time. That show would short out my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom