• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

[Hataraku Maou-sama!] 9

Eh, didn't like all that stuff in the middle. Got better near the end though.

So, what happened to MAL then? Not that I ever used that.
Made an account to sit on while I see how it pans out. The beta loads noticeably slower right now. Still going to update MAL.

SNAFU died when it was revealed that the staff decided to skip the trap-date and sensei-date.
Show ruined.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[To Love Ru Darkness] 12

IeSjw.gif

Putting Ojamajo Doremi on hold. Considering Princess Tutu caught my interest, and people keep yelling at me to watch Utena, it's probably for the best.

Tenumi

Banned
I need to stop watching anime so I can be the first to watch some anime

The Devil is a Part Timer: 09

The war on Sentucky Fried Chicken has only just begun. SFC may have won the first battle, but our part-time manager adapts and steals back the crowd!

See, even the show creators know the right answer!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Putting Ojamajo Doremi on hold. Considering Princess Tutu caught my interest, and people keep yelling at me to watch Utena, it's probably for the best.
Maybe you should watch Goldfish Warning! instead and follow Ikuhara and Sato from their humble beginnings!

/XX/

Gobelins, the school of visual communication in Paris recently (well, in the last few weeks) started putting up the student-animated shorts made for Annecy up online. The archive is here, and I guess they'll upload more as time goes on.
Nice, I wish they would finally bring from their vaults works from before 2006!

Keep also an eye on their YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/gobelins), because the most immediate release (as soon as hours after its presentation) they will make is the upload of the 'second year films' ('films 2ème année') that serve as openings for each day of screenings at the festival, and those aren't being uploaded at Vimeo from what I see. The graduation films, for the third year specialization ('films de fin d'études'), that go to the actual competition have normally been uploaded after a month at the earliest (as in 2011; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28341223#post28341223), maybe a couple of months.

Dresden

Keep also an eye on their YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/gobelins), because the most immediate release (as soon as hours after its presentation) they will make is the upload of the 'second year films' ('films 2ème année') that serve as openings for each day of screenings at the festival, and those aren't being uploaded at Vimeo from what I see. The graduation films, for the third year specialization ('films de fin d'études'), that go to the actual competition have normally been uploaded after a month at the earliest (as in 2011; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28341223#post28341223), maybe a couple of months.
Will look forward to those.
This is going to be a while I guess.

Use the code 'anichartnet' to bypass the line.

jgminto

Hataraku Maou-sama! 9

Every single character in the show understands how cute Chiho is! Why can't you foolish people!? Alsiel's fake backstory was great. I love the way he puts emotion into it. Emi's friend is pretty awesome. Swimsuit episode next week!? YES!

BluWacky

Why are they even continuing this farce at this point?

Why not, I guess? Silver Spoon is very much a noitaminA show, and I suppose Anohana is very Jdrama-esque which was the original guiding thought behind the timeslot. If it continues to bring in better ratings than most other non-branded late night timeslots for anime, then... why not?

Syrinx

Hataraku-Maou Sama 8

"I fell for you before I found out all the stuff you did." Huh...wouldn't finding out about that sort of thing make you fall right out of love just as soon as you fell into it? The dude tried to conquer all of Isri Elba (or whatever the place is called), and killed thousands of people and burned down villages to make it happen. Seems to me that when you discover somebody has committed atrocities like that, you wouldn't want to even look at them anymore. Wouldn't she at least demand an explanation from him?

I love Emi's little "Eh?" when somebody says something that makes her do a double take and go "Wait, what'd you just say?"

We find out who Suzono is. She's, unsurprisingly, from the other world. She's an agent sent to find Semi and offer her the deal to join forces with her organization to take down Satan and return, but Semi declines. She says she doesn't trust her and that taking him down is her duty, not theirs. But I think she's apprehensive about eliminating him when his lifestyle in Japan has been so non-threatening and innocent. But that's just my feeling.

Next episode better rock. Alciel doing recon on Sentucky Fried Chicken has endless potential. I hope he tears that creepy manager a new one.

Branduil

Why not, I guess? Silver Spoon is very much a noitaminA show, and I suppose Anohana is very Jdrama-esque which was the original guiding thought behind the timeslot. If it continues to bring in better ratings than most other non-branded late night timeslots for anime, then... why not?

Well I mean we're getting one new show out of four slots. It's dead.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hataraku Maou-sama! 09:

Ashiya's made-up backstory was pretty damn hilarious IMO. Rika's a little annoying with how persistent she is, but at least she knows who the show's best girl is. <3

Can't wait until next week!

Ultimadrago

Gobelins, the school of visual communication in Paris recently (well, in the last few weeks) started putting up the student-animated shorts made for Annecy up online. The archive is here, and I guess they'll upload more as time goes on.

Some really beautiful work there.

I almost missed this information, thanks for sharing.

cajunator

Banned
If you were actually a hipster about this it'd be a .txt file.

I have my animu in a windows notepad file for convenience but thats mainly so I can list it at a moments notice if somebody asks for it.

Princess tutu is worth your while, and not in an elephant oatmeal kind of way. More like a "HOLY SHIT THIS IS LEGIT AWESOME" kind of way.

I need to stop watching anime so I can be the first to watch some anime

The Devil is a Part Timer: 09

The war on Sentucky Fried Chicken has only just begun. SFC may have won the first battle, but our part-time manager adapts and steals back the crowd!

See, even the show creators know the right answer!

Damn right. Its settled then.

Weeaboo'd to death.

Pretty much. I dont even visit MAL regularly but the title changing was fucking annoying enough that Im glad to switch. I dont care about their weeaboo agenda, I just want to be able to read show titles like I know them as.

Patlabor TV 2

I like how the tournament showed the different style of combat each character is inclined towards (or if they're not inclined to combat at all, as with Asuma and Yamazaki). Ohta favors his gun, Noa favors headlong rushing into close quarters, and Kanuka prefers to calmly observe and take advantage of her opponent's weaknesses. It says a lot about the kind of characters each of them are.

Since my experience with Patlabor is just the two Oshii films, I wouldn't know if they're films that work because they jive with the franchises typical themes and feelings, or because they flip it on its head and make it something more profound.

The films, and to a lesser extent the first OVA series, are Oshii exploring themes that are deeply personal to him. Though I don't know if "flip it on its head" really applies, since Oshii was one of the original creators of the franchise - this isn't a Urusei Yatsura situation.

If you liked the characters in the first film and find the concept of mundane mecha appealing, you'll probably find something to appreciate in the TV series even if it's not as profound as the films.

Branduil

Farce? The Katanagatari rerun was mainly used to promote to BD-box release. It looks like the Anohana rerun is for the benefit of the upcoming movie in August.

I don't really care why they're airing old shows instead of new ones TBH. I just think it's lame.

/XX/

Will look forward to those.
They are very short but also nice and fresh. Those share a topic as are an homage to the current edition's guest country; two years ago was the U.S.A., this past year was Ireland... next will be Poland (http://www.annecy.org/annecy-2013/festival/focus-2013)!

I almost missed this information, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for watching! This guys and gals will need a lot of support on this economic climate to find good projects to work in the future, many people showing interest on their academic works in common right away is at least encouraging for now...

BluWacky

Well, aside from two seasons last year, the block had mostly been putting out crap for the last couple of years, so this isn't really that much of a step down.

Aaaaah, but it was fresh, new, pungent crap, rather than crap we'd all trodden in before :p

(an appropriate metaphor perhaps given Silver Spoon's agricultural setting?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom