• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 8 – One Day, They Will Learn the Truth.
tumblr_mnmzl6XdPZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The Totsuka route must be explored, too many moments to leave unvisited. :( The other classmates were hilarious during the huge event in the episode, especially the one
that was all punching and stuff and all into the role, lol.
. Doubt something like that could happen IRL and get the same results.

Hyouka 19:
For an episode that consisted entirely of two characters sitting at a table having a conversation, this was actually pretty interesting. The presentation was certainly very good (and I really enjoyed some of the imaginary cartoony scenes of how certain events might have played out), and the way Chitanda moved and her facial reactions really helped play up the significance of certain moments. It's interesting to see how Oreki has changed, and I loved how Oreki was trying to prove that his deductions are nothing special, and then
goes and accurately figures out that the police are showing up to hunt down a counterfeit bill scam based on a single sentence over the loudspeaker.
That's a pretty hilarious backfire.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Forgot to post this before, but for an overlord, Maou's got shit HP for a Final Fantasy. Okay for a Dragon Quest though.

hp_zps056aaa8b.jpg

Roubjon

Kids on the Slope - 07

The show was becoming so melodramatic and I was going to drop it because I couldn't take it anymore. The lack of jazz was getting to me too, but then that fantastic four minute session popped up at the end and it was awesome.

And then there was bromance.

I guess I'll stick around 'till the end at this point.

Kids on the Slope - 07

The show was becoming so melodramatic and I was going to drop it because I couldn't take it anymore. The lack of jazz was getting to me too, but then that fantastic four minute session popped up at the end and it was awesome.

If that's your feeling, I regret to inform you that from here to the end there's even more melodrama and even less jazz.

CorvoSol

Forgot to post this before, but for an overlord, Maou's got shit HP for a Final Fantasy. Okay for a Dragon Quest though.

hp_zps056aaa8b.jpg

Not if that Final Fantasy is Tactics, then he's got okay. And if he's got Cactuar or Metal Slime defenses going on, he's a nightmare.

Remember, it's not how MUCH HP you have, its HOW YOU USE IT.

zeroshiki

Also, this question may have been drowned out at the end of the last page: I know that Japanese TV works differently from, say, American TV, but when an anime gets a rerun, what kinds of timeslots do they use? Stuff that would otherwise be airing new series, or something else?

Well since they all air late at night, its kinda hard to make a distinction between a rerun or something that would have been original. The major Japanese stations don't really go off the air in the middle of the night so they fill the timeslots with whatever programming they can sell/get their hands on.

The only reason we talk about Noitamina reruns is because there's a defined block of programming there and they made an effort to brand it. If the TBS/MBS Thursday/Friday block suddenly got reruns I doubt people would notice.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not if that Final Fantasy is Tactics, then he's got okay. And if he's got Cactuar or Metal Slime defenses going on, he's a nightmare.

Remember, it's not how MUCH HP you have, its HOW YOU USE IT.

I forgot about Tactics. I was just thinking numbered ones. ;p

Just getting back into anime after a couple years of not watching it. I read through/watched Monster, and had to swear off anime because I knew nothing would ever top it for me. That show is just so original. No purple or pink hair, the era and places it takes place in are totally original, it's got so many sub-plots that all serve a purpose. It's great. But now I found out there's an easy/legal way to stream HD anime, and I'm back on board.

So. This Attack on Titan show is really good. Its story arcs are still shaped by anime tropes, but it's okay because the show executes them so well. I know it's coming, but when it happens, it still hits me like a ton of bricks. I'll see something happen like
a main character will die
and I'll be like "Oh, that definitely means that
he's not really dead, he's gonna come back somehow
", but when it happens I don't care that I called it. The show did it so well, it still worked for me.

Here, I'm gonna come clean about this. The end of the first episode made me cry a little bit. Not a lot, but salty fluid definitely leaked out of my eye. And I totally knew what was going to happen, I totally called, but it was just executed so well that I couldn't help but tear up.

Hope it stays this good for the whole show.

CorvoSol

I forgot about Tactics. I was just thinking numbered ones. ;p

Well it might still be good HP in Mystic Quest? Definitely no numbered one past 2, and certainly not XIII, where damage and HP got over inflated.

Sorry but as a proud player of disgaea i'm not impressed.

True, hard to be impressed when you're so jealous.

Slayers Next 3

Speaking of JRPGs, this episode has Zel and Amelia (the official beta couple of the show) take on opposing side quests to Lina and Gourry. Then everyone has to fight like a million level one enemies and no one collects any gold.

Blusby

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 8 – One Day, They Will Learn the Truth.
tumblr_mnmzl6XdPZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The Totsuka route must be explored, too many moments to leave unvisited. :(

This man already looks cuter than the girls in the show, yaoi route is the only acceptable route.

Also Hataraku ep 9 was cool, midway through Star Driver and after will probably watch Raxephon.

Mature

Kids on the Slope - 07

You may want to consider this the end :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom