• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
On that note, I will watch anything anybody wants me to (within reason) if they watch Jewelpet Kira Deco.

Now I feel especially bad playing up Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 when I could have offered you something legit good instead.

So that's why MJP and DS2 was getting recommended?

Nah. Duckroll hype has been an institution from time immemorial and will exist in perpetuity; the unmoving bedrock upon which the thread stands.

Uhh.... no. If you want something that is utter and complete shit then watch Date-A-Live. That show is fucking horrendous outside of the cool female character designs.

381311622_orig.png

This is cool character design? Looks like its from a Neptunia game.

imo this is cool character design for females:

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
MJP is pretty good. I mean... with the exception of Kei this week's episode sort of sucked but last week's was good.

Branduil

Okay guys, I leave my next marathon up to you. Will I watch:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

or

Sora no Woto

or

Crest of the Stars

Whichever choice has the most votes when I wake up tomorrow will be it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

or

Sora no Woto

or

Crest of the Stars

I've never seen any of them but I know that Sora no Woto is about music. lol.

We should all rent this huge place somewhere and watch anime all day.

It would get expensive since we would have to hire a doctor to live with us since there would most certainly be a Hidamari-dedicated room.

Admit it, all of you are anticipating SAO s2, and all of you will watch it.

There was a girl voiced by Miyukichi in the game, if there's any chance she's in S2 I'll watch it without any question.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

or

Sora no Woto

or

Crest of the Stars

Sora no Woto.

zeroshiki

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

or

Sora no Woto

or

Crest of the Stars

Crest of the Stars.

I am not sure how this is even up for discussion.

CorvoSol

Kiddy Grade-- Final

Did Lumiere just get taller, or did Eclair just get shorter? OH SNAP LUMIERE GREW UP!! OH SNAP THE BIG GUY SAID WORDS! Really? REALLY? They give me adult Lumiere for like, less than a minute then back to awkward child Lumiere? HA. RUMPH.

My request, Alv, is that you please cover your anus-eye. That's really all.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. HER ONE WEAKNESS IS ZOOLANDER'S!! SHE'S NOT AN AMBITURNER!!

So, that's that, then. I think that
Final Eclair looks pretty cool, but not as cool as First Eclair with the cape.
No idea what those babbies at the end were about, either. Good throwback to the first episode of the series, too.

So, Cajun. I can honestly say I was surprised by the series. I'm not gonna call it the best thing ever, and I feel that the wide face, constant upskirts, and occasional and awkward Lumiere fan service hinder what was otherwise a compelling plot. HOWEVER, I do think that it HAD a compelling plot, with a lot of fairly interesting, unexpected science fiction questions which it did a competent job of developing. Namely, the theme of Eclair being young forever worked out magnificently, as did the spiraling plot within a plot business, leading to the giant robot built by space racists.

What it lacked, though, was a more compelling villain. Alv was kind of set up as the villain, but she just wasn't developed enough for me to really feel it. Still, the show was good, enjoyable fun.

Honestly, I didn't think Sword Art Online was all that bad. It just... should have been
more of
Sword Art Fighting Online
and less of
Stupid Ass Drama Shit Online

All of my rage towards the series goes to the half baked battle sequences. Even more so than the cousin love. They set up for a few of them so well, and the first boss battle wasn't half bad... but then after that point it was like FUCK COME ON I WANT TO SEE SOME ACTION

Like that Santa Claus boss fight. They do a good job of making the boss really menacing, and then right when Kirito goes to smack him like a bitch it fades to white. What, was a short battle sequence going to ruin the "drama"?

Kirito would be a decent character if he had a real inner conflict worth a damn. I mean, even in the light novels (especially in the light novels?) he's a little shit and a pretty princess who gets everything he wants.

Fuck. I hate this show. (Will watch next season regardless because it has guns and new heroine)

Kotoura-san 01-05
You guys are right, that opening was totally unintentionally hilarious. I just found myself laughing at it, even though it was super serious and depresado. Something inside me just wanted to see Kotoura keep being all lonely and stuff, instead of the show turning into the romcom it was destined to be.

Manabe is tropified into the good ol' chivalrous pervert. That's okay, at least Kotoura's fairly tolerant of his shit.

What's up with the VP with the duckface. Although, I did think it was kinda funny how his eyes do it too, hah. three threes.

Seems like la presidenta has her ulterior motives! I don't know if I'd really like seeing her become the antagonist, she's my favorito right now.

Also Corvo, I'm going to be here in the Fall semester, so we should totally do something anime-related and junk.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kotoura-san 01-05
You guys are right, that opening was totally unintentionally hilarious. I just found myself laughing at it, even though it was super serious and depresado. Something inside me just wanted to see Kotoura keep being all lonely and stuff, instead of the show turning into the romcom it was destined to be.

Manabe is tropified into the good ol' chivalrous pervert. That's okay, at least Kotoura's fairly tolerant of his shit.

What's up with the VP with the duckface. Although, I did think it was kinda funny how his eyes do it too, hah. three threes.

Seems like la presidenta has her ulterior motives! I don't know if I'd really like seeing her become the antagonist, she's my favorito right now.

Oh man. You're getting close to the part that kinda ruined AnimeGAF's reputation in the rest of OT. :lol Also the part that ensures I'll never recommend Kotoura-san to anyone ever, despite how much I actually liked it.

Why'd you have to make that thread, moejita? ;_;

On that note, I will watch anything anybody wants me to (within reason) if they watch Jewelpet Kira Deco.

It's been on really high on my to watch list ever since it was brought up here, honest! It's just I was watching Heartcatch at the time and I've got Utena now and man backlogs suck. Really the hardest part is thinking of something I'd want ya to see that you haven't seen already.

Utena 19

zsMOvlV.jpg

Poor guy.

I've got to stop putting my foot in my mouth, almost every time I'm dissatisfied with something in a show the very next episode it rectifies it! So yeah this was a nice break in the formula of this arc and its always great when an episodic show secretly gives you a two parter without telegraphing it way ahead of time. Also nice to see that
Saionji is back
with an angle I never saw coming.

cajunator

Banned

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

or

Sora no Woto

or

Crest of the Stars

sora no woto!

The same illustrator did Date A Live and Neptunia.

And a very fine illustrator they are!

It would get expensive since we would have to hire a doctor to live with us since there would most certainly be a Hidamari-dedicated room.

There was a girl voiced by Miyukichi in the game, if there's any chance she's in S2 I'll watch it without any question.

Sora no Woto.

A Hidamari dedicated room? That would like the killing fields. none would survive.

Kiddy Grade-- Final

Did Lumiere just get taller, or did Eclair just get shorter? OH SNAP LUMIERE GREW UP!! OH SNAP THE BIG GUY SAID WORDS! Really? REALLY? They give me adult Lumiere for like, less than a minute then back to awkward child Lumiere? HA. RUMPH.

My request, Alv, is that you please cover your anus-eye. That's really all.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. HER ONE WEAKNESS IS ZOOLANDER'S!! SHE'S NOT AN AMBITURNER!!

So, that's that, then. I think that
Final Eclair looks pretty cool, but not as cool as First Eclair with the cape.
No idea what those babbies at the end were about, either. Good throwback to the first episode of the series, too.

So, Cajun. I can honestly say I was surprised by the series. I'm not gonna call it the best thing ever, and I feel that the wide face, constant upskirts, and occasional and awkward Lumiere fan service hinder what was otherwise a compelling plot. HOWEVER, I do think that it HAD a compelling plot, with a lot of fairly interesting, unexpected science fiction questions which it did a competent job of developing. Namely, the theme of Eclair being young forever worked out magnificently, as did the spiraling plot within a plot business, leading to the giant robot built by space racists.

What it lacked, though, was a more compelling villain. Alv was kind of set up as the villain, but she just wasn't developed enough for me to really feel it. Still, the show was good, enjoyable fun.

Glad you gave it a chance and ended up enjoying it. I agree on the ending and the main villain being a bit weak, but I feel the same about the rest of it. It was a highly enjoyable sci fi space romp. Perhaps it was a nice distraction from some of the horrible anime you have subjected yourself to recently. poor corvy-kun.
Oh yeah and AVOID KIDDY GIRL AND.
I keep repeating it because it must be heeded. Unless you want to take all the goodwill you just built up over 24 episodes and set it on fire and flush it down the shitter. Kiddy Grade deserves to be loved forever, so avoid Kiddy Girl And.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 107
Because if there's one deviancy Sailor Moon hadn't explored yet, it was shotas.
I thought it was pretty weird how Haruka got jealous of Michiru getting a boyfriend. It's not like she's in love with her cousin or anything!

Is it hypocritical that they are allowed to show naked silhouettes of fourteen year old girls, but Chibiusa doesn't get a real henshin? If you are gonna be that risqué you might as well go all the way.
YVAN EHT NIOJ

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Utena 19

I've got to stop putting my foot in my mouth, almost every time I'm dissatisfied with something in a show the very next episode it rectifies it! So yeah this was a nice break in the formula of this arc and its always great when an episodic show secretly gives you a two parter without telegraphing it way ahead of time. Also nice to see that
Saionji is back
with an angle I never saw coming.
Notice the irony in how
the genuinely prince-like characters in Utena are the ones that always get stomped on

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aw, what? I liked it.

Feels bad that I can summon that kind of verbosity to rant about the ending to a bad otome game adaptation but not to critically analyze/praise something actually good.

I secretly enjoy going back and reading my meltdown :lol

cajunator

Banned
So anyway, its time to watch the infamous Date a Live. I want to see how cute Yoshino is. I already skipped ahead and saw how much of a goddess Kurumi is but I need some context because I didnt understand what was going on. Also see if this Origami is as great as people say.
See you on the other side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom