• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So what you are saying is they tried, but they ran out of time! lol anime industry

edit: oh hey, I just noticed Chibiusa uses MOON PRISM POWER, just like Usagi back in the first season. That's cool!
No, I'm saying that like certain transformation music, some things don't happen until a certain movie.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam 22

A-are Beecha and Mondo planning to murder Judau?

AHAHAHAHAHA. WHAT IS HAMAN WEARING? WHAT EVEN IS THAT? I-is she trying to seduce Judau? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. You guys were right. This show DOES get scary.

Also, Roux can have either the Hiaku Shiki or the Zeta Gundam as she is the best.

It's been on really high on my to watch list ever since it was brought up here, honest! It's just I was watching Heartcatch at the time and I've got Utena now and man backlogs suck. Really the hardest part is thinking of something I'd want ya to see that you haven't seen already.

Heh, I know the pressure of a large backlog, so don't feel bad. I don't think they're a bad thing though; it's good to know that I won't be running out of material to watch anytime soon.

The only reason I pimp Kira Deco so much is because it's gone completely overlooked both in here and in the anime community at large, and it deserves to at least be something people are aware of.

Before anyone else says anything: It's a pretty enjoyable watch! Go for it! (hurry)

Good to hear. When I first caught Serial Experimental Lain a whiles back I really wanted something else with the same vibe. And when Ergo Proxy came out I felt that it would capture that same feeling but never really had a way to watch it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The only reason I pimp Kira Deco so much is because it's gone completely overlooked both in here and in the anime community at large, and it deserves to at least be something people are aware of.
Heh, if this were a year ago I'd suggest an MLP trade but the japanese dub isn't even halfway through s1 and the english version already went to shit so it's not as fun to bring up.

trejo

Good to hear. When I first caught Serial Experimental Lain a whiles back I really wanted something else with the same vibe. And when Ergo Proxy came out I felt that it would capture that same feeling but never really had a way to watch it.
I think you oughta give Boogiepop Phantom a shot. I started watching it recently and have found that there's something about the show's tense and overbearing atmosphere that really reminds me of Lain at times.

I think you oughta give Boogiepop Phantom a shot. I started watching it recently and have found that there's something about the show's tense and overbearing atmosphere that really reminds me of Lain at times.

I have seen Boogiepop in the past though I don't remember much about it. Man, whatever happened to these kind of shows?

zeroshiki

<Posting for trejo so he can post replies to other stuff>

Oh hey, I watched episode 1 of Attack on Titan yesterday and while I think the story is interesting and I will definitely be watching more, I thought the production values were kinda shit. I mean, I heard they were having trouble but I thought that happens in the later episodes?

The first time Eren and Mikasa meet the soldier dude, holy shit, the proportions were so bad. They're supposed to be kids but they look like hobbits. The animation is kinda janky for the non-action portions, the art style is so-so and I really don't like the really thick outlines.

It looks good in Ouran but not in something like this.

I'll take up Kira Deco, mainly because its been on the list for nearly 2 months.

My Sister is an Osaka Mama 1-12 END

It's a collection of short formed episodes much like Plastic Nee-San and Puchimas was as well, but featuring a sister the bro hasn't seen in like 10 years, and she's an Osakan. So it takes it time to go "THIS is what Osaka people do" educational kind of shit.

Now while it's main content is focused on that.... well

3500C.jpg
350aW.jpg

Sometimes, the beginning segment has comments that... would heavily imply incest basically. So through my mind, I keep going "YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE GET UPSET AT THIS SHIT". It does itself no favors in giving it a false identity basically.

It probably would've been more entertaining if it did have that though, for shits and giggles, considering it's not as funny. It was a snooze fest that lasted about 3 minutes. Nevermind the animation was terrible, but I think it was a web series or something? Eh I don't know. It was low budget obviously.

The first 3 episodes did make me hungry though, I'll give it that.

Pooya

<Posting for trejo so he can post replies to other stuff>

Oh hey, I watched episode 1 of Attack on Titan yesterday and while I think the story is interesting and I will definitely be watching more, I thought the production values were kinda shit. I mean, I heard they were having trouble but I thought that happens in the later episodes?

The first episode is best by far actually, That means something, yeah...

Should I just start reading the manga? I prefer watching anime versions when I can as long as they're done well.

Early chapters have very rough art. Some people like that look, others don't.

At this point, the reason to read the manga would be because you can't wait for the anime, not because it's flat out better.

Mature

Early chapters have very rough art. Some people like that look, others don't.

At this point, the reason to read the manga would be because you can't wait for the anime, not because it's flat out better.
Though, ultimately, aren't we getting an anime original ending for AoT? Or has none of that been confirmed?

Dresden

The first episode of AoT looks great. It'd be nice if they had the time to make the rest of the show look as good.

Though, ultimately, aren't we getting an anime original ending for AoT? Or has none of that been confirmed?

I doubt it, considering its popularity. It's too successful to trifle with like that, and there's a good stopping point for the first season.

zeroshiki

The first episode of AoT looks great. It'd be nice if they had the time to make the rest of the show look as good.

I can't really take a screenshot at the moment (wonzo I summon thee) but Eren and Mikasa and all the other kids just looked REALLY off for me. Its like they were adults trapped in little kids' bodies.

CorvoSol

Code Geass 21

AND. HERE. WE. GO!!

Suzaku, like the viewer, has been through so much bullshit at this point that hearing his comrade Anya say
"At the moment I am the mother of Lelouch and Nunally. I am Marion."
hardly even phases him.

I love King Charles because he doesn't give two flips about immediately calling Lelouch out on all his crap. Lelouch is all "Here lemme justify how being a filthy liar and murderer is okay," and he's all "You're still a filthy liar and murderer." But the best part is that he plays Lelouch like a deck of cards. Lelouch is all "ANSWER MY QUESTIONS" and in two seconds flat he has him stuck in a villainous monologue. Amateur hour.

AHAHAHAHAHA. So it turns out that
The King of Quaker Oats DID love Lelouch's mom, and is innocent of her murder. Meaning Lelouch's ENTIRE FUCKING QUEST HAS BEEN A WASTE.
I don't know if this entire scene is brilliant or the stupidest twist ever.

Yeah, Sneasel is still a blank character for me. Like, not seeing anything to him at all.

Question: Why is it always Jupiter? I mean, it is here, and then there were the Jovians in MSN, and The Power in GGG, and Tokyo Jupiter in Rah Xephon. What's Japan's deal with Jupiter?

Oh jeez, the villain's plan is the same plan as The Claw's. Right down to offering the hero
his waifu back.
What's funny, though, is Lelouch's tantrum about how mommy and daddy used him, when he's EXACTLY THE SAME WAY THEY ARE.

OH. GEE.
Step back everyone, Lelouch is bigger than God.
I could not be more underwhelmed. Oh, and look at that second eye upgrade. Yeah, this isn't bullshit. Nope.

Yeah this twist was disappointing. Especially listening to Lelouch's super hypocritical, self-righteous rant.

REALLY? REALLY YOU FUCKING BASTARD RAT? "WHAT OF IT?" FUCK YOU, YOU SCUM BAG YOU
MURDERED EUPHEMIA!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND that makes no sense.

What the hell.

Is this shit.

That I am watching.

I don't even.

What is this.

Why is this.

What in the royal fuck.

Is this shit.

I don't.

Even.

Anyone else find it weird that theres more discussion about oreimo in the gaming side thread then in the OT?

Before anyone else says anything: It's a pretty enjoyable watch! Go for it! (hurry)

Great anime but I feel its tries a bit too hard with the psychological metaphors and symbols.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Fresh Precure!] 18
All they were missing was some cancer. Why don't you fucking keep breaking my heart Toei? ;___; Little girl cartoons are making me cry like a baby.

Am I the only one bothered by how little care the Precures have for the buildings surround them? That battle leveled at least two skyscrapers, and it's not like this show has adhered to the lack of ontological inertia Dokidoki! applies to its confrontations, for instance!
dat
foreshadowing
Dude. Dude.

Dresden

valvrave - ep8

As the show settles into its mid-series arc, it's good to know that it hasn't lost its humor. That
oceanfreeze gambit
was so geass it hurt.

In a good way.

Notice the irony in how
the genuinely prince-like characters in Utena are the ones that always get stomped on

As terrible, though appropriate, as that is I'll take that situation over the harem leads who get everything for nothing. Terrible anime, lowering standards everyday!

Heh, I know the pressure of a large backlog, so don't feel bad. I don't think they're a bad thing though; it's good to know that I won't be running out of material to watch anytime soon.

Well in that case whenever I do get around to Kira Deco I'll probably trade you something overlooked as well. Probably Kamichu! after a quick glance at your list.

Utena 20
9N6QDAh.jpg

I want that Kappa electric kettle SO BAD! Hell the flower lamp is pretty cool too.

Bwahahaha, this whole time Saionji has been living the goddamn NEET life. Never expected
the Wakaba fight to be so good, girl is ruthless.

[Fresh Precure!] 18

All they were missing was some cancer. Why don't you fucking keep breaking my heart Toei? ;___; Little girl cartoons are making me cry like a baby.

Am I the only one bothered by how little care the Precures have for the buildings surround them? That battle leveled at least two skyscrapers, and it's not like this show has adhered to the lack of ontological inertia Dokidoki! applies to its confrontations, for instance!

dat
foreshadowing

Dude. Dude.

So I guess Miki isn't the only douche afterall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom