• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Oreimo S2 - 1

I observe "Kironeko" as a simple archetypal scale with proper balance. The show interprets them as two sides of a whole and I accept them as such. In other words, "They're both okay."

Nonetheless,

igEfH6yEDNa5D.gif

had me:

There was also not enough Saori, but I'll give them some time...

some time...

So yeah, that's it!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Today I woke up and smelled true start of the glorious Spring season with my hangover.

All the anime I love is back. Now excuse me while I go watch Oreimo.

Thoraxes! Welcome back!

====================================

Oreimo S2 - 01

nM8ahfm.png
rGP9KGh.png

Hell yeah!

Oh man am I glad this is back. Kirino and her swag have returned! #HatersGonnaHate

cajunator

Banned
Oreimo S2 - 1

I observe "Kironeko" on a simple archetype scale with proper balance. The show interprets them as two sides of a whole and I accept them as such. In other words, "They're both okay."

Nonetheless,

igEfH6yEDNa5D.gif

had me:

There was also not enough Saori, but I'll give them some time...

some time...

So yeah, that's it!

Kuroneko reactions make the show worth watching.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Dokidoki Precure 10

Trully an episode where there was no need for googles !!
The question remains : with 4 girls who is the papa and who is the mama ?

Why the fuck do I keep falling behind on this show?! Especially one when goggles aren't required! Rectifying that problem RIGHT. NOW.

Cuticle Detective Inaba Episode 8

Definitely a rough episode for Ogi. First half provided many laughs all thanks to the combined duo of Noah and Yuta. Ogi shrugging off everything thrown at him (literally) just continues to prove how much of a badass he is.

I had thought he would have put up more resistance when Soumei himbut I guess Inaba (or a picture of his daughter) can help him out next time. Glad there was an explanation about what went down between Soumei and the police force. Felt bad about the child but I really don't understand why anyone would actually lick/taste blood that isn't theirs.

Speaking of bunnies, this past weekend and being Easter I think was the first time I heard having big boobs being called "Blouse Bunnies". Maybe it's happened before and I've just forgotten but it kind of surprised me at the time.

You know, I have heard a lot of pet names for boobs, but I've never heard of that one. Though I can see why someone would use it. A cute name for big cute boobs.

duckroll

All I get out of the Doki Doki impressions is that the show is really bad but for some people people keep watching. It's not even a case of "this is kinda meh but it could get more interesting when the plot picks up" but it's like "this is bad, probably the worst Precure, and its episodic so it probably won't get any better, but... can't... stop."

Lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
All I get out of the Doki Doki impressions is that the show is really bad but for some people people keep watching. It's not even a case of "this is kinda meh but it could get more interesting when the plot picks up" but it's like "this is bad, probably the worst Precure, and its episodic so it probably won't get any better, but... can't... stop."

Lol.
Eh, Suite was way worse. But I agree, every time I watch it I feel like I'm suffering from Stockholm's Syndrome.

Detective Conan 181:
That was a decent conclusion. It was surprisingly enjoyable for an anime original story, even if parts of it felt like it was only imitation Conan. It was nice to see Kogorou actually being fairly competent and even figuring out a lot of what had gone on, and Megure had some really funny moments. I thought it let a bit of the air out of the episode that they essentially revealed who the killer was so early on, though.

How's Hajime no Ippo? After GTO I'm in the mood for classics.

It's pretty great. The characters are enjoyable and it has some great action and drama. As far as sports shows go, it's a real classic.

Jintor

I forgot to mention that I also watched... what's it called? Hakouki? Seemed a tad better than the other Shinsengumi-era stuff I've seen so far. Might keep at it... after Bodacious.

7Th

Lol.

Not even the worst Precure; Max Heart takes that title. And I watched 50 episodes of that.

At least I can say I liked Hironori Tanaka before he went mainstream!

cajunator

Banned

Lol.
seeing as Im enjoying Max Heart a lot and that is widely considered the worst Precure, it is highly likely that I should like Dokidoki.

Awesome, will watch, and damn the manga is over 1000 chapters.

Yes, and it doesn't even feel close to ending, either. I feel like I've been keeping up with series like Ippo, Conan and One Piece forever, and their manga are still probably going to be running for at least 5-10 more years. It's pretty crazy.

How's Hajime no Ippo? After GTO I'm in the mood for classics.

I highly recommend it -- it's one of my all-time favorites. I particularly like how the show doesn't always take Ippo's side when the two combatants step into the ring, and you usually have a sympathetic backstory for the other fighter. The story is also well-paced, and in places where more training segments might bog down the story you instead skip to the actual fight and watch the fruit of each fighter's efforts. It certainly set the standard for most combative sports anime to follow, and is equal parts inspiring, sincere, and exciting.

Cuticle Detective Inaba Episode 9

Show has been really starting to get a bit more serious whenever Soumei is around. Glad Inaba was able to save Ogi, though I still found it a stupid plan to try and kill him.

And then came Yata and Noah going on a date half of the episode. I did find enjoyment in Lorenzo acting out as the overprotective dad and they were admittingly cute together. But she and Yuta belong together and I was happy that they were with each other at the end.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think I might make a PSA OT for Hunter X Hunter on Off Topic. I love this series and I just started back on the remake. There was a Yu Yu Hakusho thread not too long ago, but I'm guessing that 3/4 of the people singing praises for YYH ever never read or watched HxH. Tis a sad thing that HxH got localized so late.

Just finished episode 7 of the remake. Man it must be so easy to pass the Hunter Exam if you already can use Nen. I guess learning that though is the final test.

I think I might make a PSA OT for Hunter X Hunter on Off Topic. I love this series and I just started back on the remake. There was a Yu Yu Hakusho thread not too long ago, but I'm guessing that 3/4 of the people singing praises for YYH ever never read or watched HxH. Tis a sad thing that HxH got localized so late.

Just finished episode 7 of the remake. Man it must be so easy to pass the Hunter Exam if you already can use Nen. I guess learning that though is the final test.

But theres already a fairly active Hunter x Hunter 2011 OT.

Shergal

Gargantia 1

That was pretty good. Definitely feels adventurous, and I dig the characters so far, from that mechanic to Sugita's mech.

The first half of the episode was honestly kind of boring, but this stuff probably won't come up until the end of the show, so it's all good. The second half was really good, very lively and somewhat well animated, although it lacks that Konishi goodness from Milos.

Looking forward to the rest of the show!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gargantua 1

I like it! Mascot needs to be squished ASAP, otherwise the humor was funny without being incessantly dumb, the pace was brisk and didn't overdwell on anything, and of course Robotic Sugita is amazing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm catching up with the thread and came back to this quote and remember you mentioning this before and it makes me wonder how much of different shows you actually do watch as compared to skipping, haha.
I scrub a lot of TV now. It's the only way to watch a lot of this stuff (and I include American/British TV) without losing my sanity. lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nyaruko W
Some of the fourth wall breaking stuff was okay. And I don't really mind the references when they're actually relevant and hit something that isn't super obscure like Bewitched. Really though this is pretty much unwatchable when all the main character does is whines and inflicts physical abuse on women.

Lol.
There aren't even remotly enough episodes in this show for it to gain any kind of title. It had weird start but they did improve it. I find it hard to call it "worse" precure show when it's doing thing better than in other series at the same point .
The only real problem is the baby ( that had only 3 episodes so far ) and they can treat this problem quite easily since they already forshadowed her identity numerous times.

seeing as Im enjoying Max Heart a lot and that is widely considered the worst Precure, it is highly likely that I should like Dokidoki.

Max heart ? worse ? Not even close .. Yes precure is clearly at the bottom for me. Followed by suite. If you managed to follow "suite" , then there is no problem with dokidoki.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Aku no Hana 1

It seems that I wasn't wrong in hyping both this show and Shingeki. The animation looks amazing, although a bit weird at first, and the bizarre style is really useful by making it impossible for the show's essence to be misinterpreted - which is something that those reading the first chapters of the source material end up doing regularly.

Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom