• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I don't get why we don't have a join Mecha Spring OT where we discuss Valvrave, MJP, Gargantia, and GSDHD lol.

Eh, I find more specific topics provide more interesting conversation. Either way, we've gone too far down this path to turn back now haha. The biggest problem with that idea? We'd have to admit GSDHD exists.

Ikeike! Momon-chan 07-08

5oWIrU4.jpg
gzWX1MG.jpg

RIP Mr.Snowman

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 4

Okay, I could really do without the fairies pooping out heart seeds.

Tsubomi has a crisis cause she thinks she's weaker than Erika. Then they meet a tennis player afraid that her partner is gonna dump her. So Erika tells her to dump her first, and that a break up is a new beginning., Naturally, Tsubomi doesn't react well to this. She wants to stop being a Precure cause she doesn't thing she's strong enough. She tells Erika to find a new partner.

Giant fairy dude provides comfort to Tsubomi. What a bro. Though I'm not even quite sure he's even alive. His eyes don't look very focused.

Decent ep, though I think the whole "I'm just not strong enough to fight alongside you!" arc should have waited at least a few more episodes to pop up.

Ultimadrago

Shingeki no Kyojin 1

That was entertaining. I will watch the next episode.

Facing the Giants 1

The scene with
the mom calling out to her son one last time
really got to me. It's usually something that comes across as really cliche in other works but they really managed to sell it here spectacularly, imo.

Did it also get to you when
Bambi's mother died
?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
you gonna buy that Bluray set?
Do I need a liver to live?
Heartcatch Precure 4

Okay, I could really do without the fairies pooping out heart seeds.

Tsubomi has a crisis cause she thinks she's weaker than Erika. Then they meet a tennis player afraid that her partner is gonna dump her. So Erika tells her to dump her first, and that a break up is a new beginning., Naturally, Tsubomi doesn't react well to this. She wants to stop being a Precure cause she doesn't thing she's strong enough. She tells Erika to find a new partner.

Giant fairy dude provides comfort to Tsubomi. What a bro. Though I'm not even quite sure he's even alive. His eyes don't look very focused.

Decent ep, though I think the whole "I'm just not strong enough to fight alongside you!" arc should have waited at least a few more episodes to pop up.
They have more important stuff to cover! Also I think I'm the only one who finds the fairies pooping to be funny. :|

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel like OT4 is very possible this season. Though idk if it'll be easier than it should with the specific OTs that we have. I guess cross posting?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The entire show has been about Mana building up a harem. Rikka's actions in episode ten are too dramatic to be only about friendship issues!
You're sounding pretty :SDBurton!

*rolls up sleeves*

Me. You. At the playground. In 5 minutes. :p
Teehee. lol

I don't think it was fake , but to be sure i'll send you some yuri googles to wear by PM.
Real yuri is best yuri!

Bahi has spoken: https://twitter.com/bahijd/status/321064701540855808

"When you animate, you give life to the drawings. When you rotoscope, you render like a machine. Wich one do you prefer?"

Aku no Hana RIP!
So all those ramen eating robots chained to their desks in shitty cubicles getting paid less than a McDonalds worker making the anime equivalent of shitty Big Macs. They aren't machines?

I feel like OT4 is very possible this season. Though idk if it'll be easier than it should with the specific OTs that we have. I guess cross posting?

Well, we've come pretty close in the previous two seasons. It's possible, but it's going to be a close thing, probably.

I doubt that show specific threads will really have much effect on it. The people who are going to post in here about those shows still will, and at least 75% of posts in these threads aren't about the currently airing shows.

Narag

The dream is dead. We should move no to being more efficient and just avoid OT3s in the future while we're at it.

Ezalc

Gargantia 1
So much better than Majestic Prince.

Attack on Titan 1
I remember when I tried to read the manga, but I didn't like the art in the first few chapters, so I dropped it. The first episode was pretty awesome, so I'll watch the series and then try reading it again when it finishes.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 12

Disappointment.

That is the only word I will describe the ending to the series.

It was a fun ride though. The comedy aspect was definitely the best part of the series with a few really awesome moments here and there. I wouldn't put it on the level of Seto no Hanayome or Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu hilarity, but it got the job done for me.

The characters themselves proved to be able to carry the show when they needed to. Ogi and Lorenzo were easily the standouts of the show in my opinion. Inaba and Don were a great protagonist and villain pair, really would like to buy a plushie of them if I ever find one for cheap. Gabriela and Kei both served their roles well, might have actually ship them together if they had more interaction. I do think almost everyone in NORA excluding Haruka were a waste of space and needed much more screentime then what they had.

7/10. Okay series, would rewatch if I ever want a good laugh.

Attack on Titan 1

Everything has already been said about this show, so I'm just going to say it was an excellent to start to a hopefully wonderful series. Some scenes felt a bit weird, mainly
when Hannes was going to face off against the titan but after being intimidated by it he immediately goes back to pick up Eren and Mikasa to flee from it
. It just seemed off for this type of show, though this could probably be because I haven't read the manga. I also love the OST and the OP, they get me pumped in the same way a Ys song might.

Disappointment.

That is the only word I will describe the ending to the series.

It was a fun ride though. The comedy aspect was definitely the best part of the series with a few really awesome moments here and there. I wouldn't put it on the level of Seto no Hanayome or Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu hilarity, but it got the job done for me.

The characters themselves proved to be able to carry the show when they needed to. Ogi and Lorenzo were easily the standouts of the show in my opinion. Inaba and Don were a great protagonist and villain pair, really would like to buy a plushie of them if I ever find one for cheap. Gabriela and Kei both served their roles well, might have actually ship them together if they had more interaction. I do think almost everyone in NORA excluding Haruka were a waste of space and needed much more screentime then what they had.

I thought it was a good end and nice teases of characters from the manga, if only it was somehow possible for it to get a second season, since I highly doubt the manga will ever be in english.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 5

Mediocre episode about a kid being a prick cause his daddy won't come to his ball games and cheer him on. He's too busy running a business and following his dream. It's okay that the kid's a little upset that his dad doesn't have much time for him, but still, come on dude. Better ways to respond than being a douche.

I love this new transformation sequence with the two of them. And fabulous new villain, too.

Why do all of these heart flower victims have to be all on about sports? Get some variety going.

Ezalc

I think I enjoyed MJP more but I appreciated Gargantia more if that makes sense.

My problem with MJP is that I don't care much for its' comedy. Gargantia has a more interesting premise so the second half of the first episode was really interesting, what remains to be seen is if that'll continue throughout the show's run or if it'll fizzle out before that. MJP just seems to be that anime where you need to turn your brain off to enjoy, and while I'll be checking out a few future episodes, it'll be more to see whether I reaffirm my original standing on it or maybe to see if that notion changes. Either way, I'm not all that interested in it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Blame Toei! I'm not the one making cartoons about little girls wondering what their other little girl friends are doing together at night!

:OOOOOOOOOOOO

==================================

Doki Doki! Precure - 08

2VjOm7k.png
u1nC42Z.png

Must..stay..strong for MakoxPrincess ship... but ManaxMako is so good!

And finally the baby arrives. I'm actually fond of the little girl, her coos are adorable and she has the ability to break Mako's impenetrable wall and bring out her cuteness.

Calling it now,
the baby is the Princess.

I hope we get a S2 ...since it's obvious they didn't even tackle half of the things they should.
They should have ended it in a serious arc instead of pure comedy

:OOOOOOOOOOOO

Doki Doki! Precure - 08

And finally the baby arrives. I'm actually fond of the little girl, her coos are adorable and she has the ability to break Mako's impenetrable wall and bring out her cuteness.

Calling it now,
the baby is the Princess.

It would be funny if toei twist everyone expectations about ai identity.. it's so obvious i'd want them to surprise me

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 5

Mediocre episode about a kid being a prick cause his daddy won't come to his ball games and cheer him on. He's too busy running a business and following his dream. It's okay that the kid's a little upset that his dad doesn't have much time for him, but still, come on dude. Better ways to respond than being a douche.

I love this new transformation sequence with the two of them. And fabulous new villain, too.

Why do all of these heart flower victims have to be all on about sports? Get some variety going.
I gotta admit some of the early episodes of Heartcatch adhere to the formula a bit too much. It's very rewarding if you keep up, however, and there are plenty of Doremiesque gags to keep you entertained.
TTGL 04

Oops, it got less awesome.
I WARNED YOU DAWG

I WARNED YOU ABOUT KOBAYASHI

I hope we get a S2 ...since it's obvious they didn't even tackle half of the things they should.
They should have ended it in a serious arc instead of pure comedy

Pretty much. Episode 11 would have been a great place to end it even if that meant we wouldn't see Dark Flame Master looking for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom