• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Shit A Live 2

I literally thought this show couldn't get worse but apparently it's possible. It's unfathomable how something like this can fucking exist. Firehawk12 calls SAO the worst anime show on the planet or w/e but this show makes SAO look like a fucking godsend. There's pandering. Then there's insulting the intelligence of the audience. This shittastic of a fucking show takes that to another level by making you so dropdead brainless in watching this show you have to wonder if you actually wasted time watching it or not. Oh wait. I did waste it. Fuck this show.

EDIT: The only redeeming elements in this show are the character designs for the heterochromia girl and the main girl and the fight scene in the OP. That's fucking it.

No clockface no fucking sale!

Sorry, this show is better than SAO.

that goes without saying.

I'm not here. I'm just a figment of your imagination.

A very cute figment at that!

Gargantia - 01

Putting aside the silly light show at the start, this was really good, and having a Sugitabot is cheating in terms of keeping my interest.

Date a Live - 02

Following their advice dating will be a shoe-in.

I see sexhair. Sexhair is good.

Oreimo S2 ep1
Yup, Kirino is still a bitch as I remember. Kuroneko <3

NAKAMA

It aggravates my escapism-idealism nerves for some reason, and I've only seen the first episode

Bodacious Space Pirates 04

Finally! Some hardcore space ACTION! Detailed discussions about radar scanning, IFF transponders and gravity wave signals is what I crave! Also cute schoolgirls running battleships, that's good too.

Lol their computer has enough memory to make a spoof system to redirect hacking attacks to. That's insane.

You'll really love this show if you are already enjoying it.

Gargantia 01

Awesome 2nd half, but I want to throw up at the 1st half.. The CGI are fucking horrible, Its certainly the worst so far unless Valvrave gonna outdoes it at ugliness.

And its certainly deliver at :chet department. dayum.

I need to hunt the chara designer previous "work".

This character designer seems to enjoy drawing ecchi/hentai stuff from the looks of it.

I have to say, I fucking love Bodacious Space Pirate's OP. But fucking crunchyroll is lagging like a shitcan on 720p for some goddamn reason.

Yes the OP is magical. The blurays don't lag at all ;)

Jintor

Lol subverted beach episode

If i recall correctly, Letters of Marque in the old days (both in real history and in Zeon v Earth) were based off nations actually being at war with one another and wanting to efficiently destroy supply lines and trade and the like. I wonder what the justification for Privateering is in this.

/edit oh cool, the close combat trainer is fucking Yoshimitsu. Awesome.

lolwat so where did the Galactic Empire come from? Oh I guess there might actually be aliens in this setting, I never checked properly. And Yoshimitsu dude is pretty weird.

Duji

Here are my thoughts on the first ep of Shingeki no Kyojin ep 1

How the fuck do the giants just randomly SHOW UP near their giant wall? Have you seen how fast those giants move? Slower than my grandma. I have no clue how those giants are capable of surprising anyone, let alone an entire freaking city. The people should've heard the ground shake like half an hour before the giants arrived at the very least. Everything else was amazing in the show, so it's sad that the believability department is severely lacking.
edit: nvm. I figured out my problem with the episode.

sonicmj1

Here are my thoughts on the first ep of Shingeki no Kyojin ep 1

How the fuck do the giants just randomly SHOW UP near their giant wall? Have you seen how fast those giants move? Slower than my grandma. I have no clue how those giants are capable of surprising anyone, let alone an entire freaking city. The people should've heard the ground shake like half an hour before the giants arrived at the very least. Everything else was amazing in the show, so it's sad that the believability department is severely lacking.

That isn't an oversight.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 47: Seeking Free Space

~ So removing him from battle is like caging a predatory bird. ~

LViR4Lb.jpg

Julian really IS James Bond in space. He just subdued an entire destroyer! And Louis Mashengo had some Mr. Rogers thing going in this episode.
I like the little Yang Wenli flashbacks too. It clearly shows how Julian has learned to analyse situations from his mentor.
I'm glad Bucock actually gives a modicum of capabilities to the Alliance leadership. He's the best Fleet Admiral they've had so far in the series.
Looking forward to the battle. Reinhard and Mittermeyer working together! Too bad von Reuental has to miss the show.

Jintor

lol, that swordfight

so Piracy is basically a form of travelling entertainment and legalised insurance fraud, huh? Hilarious, lolololol

cajunator

Banned
lol, that swordfight

so Piracy is basically a form of travelling entertainment and legalised insurance fraud, huh? Hilarious, lolololol

Yeah. Its like an elaborate vaudeville show with pirates or something. Well later on it becomes something more.
Just wait until Chiaki wears a pirate hat. HNNNNNNNNNNGH>

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Julian really IS James Bond in space. He just subdued an entire destroyer! And Louis Mashengo had some Mr. Rogers thing going in this episode.
I like the little Yang Wenli flashbacks too. It clearly shows how Julian has learned to analyse situations from his mentor.
I'm glad Bucock actually gives a modicum of capabilities to the Alliance leadership. He's the best Fleet Admiral they've had so far in the series.
Looking forward to the battle. Reinhard and Mittermeyer working together! Too bad von Reuental has to miss the show.
There's a reason they call him Jesus Minci.

Jintor

Yeah. Its like an elaborate vaudeville show with pirates or something. Well later on it becomes something more.
Just wait until Chiaki wears a pirate hat. HNNNNNNNNNNGH>

First five episodes of pacing was a god damn slog though. Imagine, GuP got through two full scale battles and three development episodes by then. This is what happens when you're an adaptation of previous work.

Arthea

Man, you still have so many episodes of goodness, I'm envious. First timer?
Bewcock? Bucock? was the man for Alliance, we agree on this.
Don't wanna comment more for a fair to spoil it to you.

Mushibugyo 1
tumblr_mkxrw7en8o1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mkxrw7en8o1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Good start to the anime. Jinbee is instantly likable with his personality and voice. Insect slaying looks rather interesting in this and if they can keep them being big and keeping Jinbee just finding the power to be strong and embody the power of determination and the desire to protect and keep others from feeling scared then it should be a really fun ride to me.

The OP is kind of not good sounding while the ED is pleasing. Other characters have great skills. Only unnecessary thing was the bewbie bouncing they kept having on Oharu, felt out of place.

Okay, so I'm nearly done with both Acchi Kocchi and Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb. Once I finish them, I'm thinking about going for A-Channel and GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class. Because apparently I have to watch everything adapted from a Manga Time Kirara yonkoma. Or something.

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts on those two shows?

A-Channel is your typical slice of life, 4 girls doing things things that may or may not be cute. I absolutely love Tooru though, she's a miracle of the god damn universe. Never watched GA, but I heard it has Miyukichi in it. Unfortunately she plays a boy so it's not exactly top priority.

Jintor

Man, the vaguely irish-sounding violins that kick in once in a while are really excellent. This show is such a strange mish-mash of things. High School slice of life, hard sci-fi interstellar battles, weird political dramas... so weird. It's really odd to have a show where you can a quick jaunt to the other side of the sun and be back in time for Semester 2. Pity about the pacing. I think even now it's still a little odd, but it's definitely providing impetus to keep rolling onwards.

Ojou-sama laughs are the most terrifying laughs in existence

/edit LOL they got kicked out of the captain's cabin for work-union regulations. LOLOLOLOL

Also, I guess the 'raids' don't count as insurance fraud if they're actively being hired by the insurance companies to do it. Anti-pirate premiums must be godlike.

Metrotab

Banned
Man, you still have so many episodes of goodness, I'm envious. First timer?
Bewcock? Bucock? was the man for Alliance, we agree on this.
Don't wanna comment more for a fair to spoil it to you.

Yes, and enjoying it very very much! Season 2 has fantastic pacing and rhythm so far, it's slightly addicting even.

Arthea

Yes, and enjoying it very very much! Season 2 has fantastic pacing and rhythm so far, it's slightly addicting even.

Ya, very addicting and enjoyable and cast is great, it's only anime I watched sometimes more than 5 episodes a day first time. I would even buy books, but these were never translated as far as I know.
Would love Dune anime like this too.

Jarmel

Banned
Date A Live 2-

If I didn't like these character designs for the two main heroines... Everything surrounding this is stupid as fuck. It's like if Infinite Stratos decided to have a crossover with TWGOK and decided that it would be too smart for the target audience and dumbed everything down even further.

I gotta bail on this. I watch more than enough shit already than to watch second-rate TWGOK.

Jintor

Bodacious Space Pirates 8-12

Well, that was a fun arc. So far, even with the politics, this show is just pure fun on the high seas... Of space. Great twist, or should I say resolution, too.

Suisei no Gargantia - 01

Probably my favorite opener of the season so far. Very intriguing premise. Loved the artwork and the animation...even the CG was ok. Just hope that the entire show's budget wasn't blown in the first episode.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This is a start, but there's the fact that SAO basically empowers nerd fantasies to the point that it really is despicable. It's the equivalent of trying to trick people to smoke by having pretty models smoking cigarettes on those old ads. Never mind the fact that they cause cancer.

At least in every other harem, the dude has to talk to a physical girl in order to make her drop her pantsu on sight. In SAO, all that happens over their version of Xbox Live.

I don't get how this is worse than SAO. First of all, the protag isn't just an average joe. He's a super haxor. How is what he does and what he is same for everyone nerd out there? As a result, how does it empower nerd fantasies? It doesn't. DAL's protag is just a normal dude. It's even more offensive considering it takes dating and shits all over it with dumb otaku panderfest - no offense. DAL is way more offensive in its dumb shit than SAO is with its online /nerd hijinks.

Sonic said what I could about this as well.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I just wanted to jump in and say that the Nyaruko-San W OP song is way more catchy than the original.

It won't stop playing in my head!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just find this all hilarious because SAO doesn't portray itself as a harem show like Date a Live is.

Which is a testament to how shit SAO is overall.

I must've missed the correlation between the two statements. How does SAO not portraying itself as a harem make it shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom