• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I still can't believe there haven't been any other series that garnered enough virulent hate in the western fandom as to make people want to deny their very existence. I mean, sure, you have the "it doesn't exist" jokes about Tsukihime, DtB S2, the E7 movie, and such, but those are all in more of a tongue-in-cheek manner, none of that is on the same level.

I just still can't wrap my head around it.

Tsukihime anime exists. I know that much.

Tsukihime anime exists. I know that much.

TgJYADZ.jpg

7Th

@Scampet Happiness: BUY OUR SHIT YO

These people have mastered the art of scamming little girls.

Actually, this was better than Pretty Rhythm; the pacing is fast, the jokes are mean, the visuals aren't boring and the dialogue is somewhat snappy. Still can't help but feel sorry for the parents of Japanese little girls.

7Th

I still can't believe there haven't been any other series that garnered enough virulent hate in the western fandom as to make people want to deny their very existence. I mean, sure, you have the "it doesn't exist" jokes about Tsukihime, DtB S2, the E7 movie, and such, but those are all in more of a tongue-in-cheek manner, none of that is on the same level.

Which show?

yami4ct

I don't know, pretty sure most fans won't admit the existence of that Eureka Seven sequel series that obviously never happened. If it did happen, it was so bad that it wrote itself out of existence.

Seriously, though, anyone surprise E7 hasn't gotten a sequel yet?

Narag

I don't know, pretty sure most fans won't admit the existence of that Eureka Seven sequel series that obviously never happened. If it did happen, it was so bad that it wrote itself out of existence.

Seriously, though, anyone surprise E7 hasn't gotten a sequel yet?

Did it ever get a movie?

Karneval 1
tumblr_mkupq6TMkN1snskc7o1_500.gif

Has to easily be so far the best opening episode of a non sequel anime this season. Wow, no OP and just going right in with really awesome music playing, occasional breaks to show the credits, and then just really suspenseful activity and action on bed with Nai, outside, on a train, and even with the petty cool amazing thief Gareki, it just felt really well done, amazing, and near movie blockbuster enjoyable entertainment. The soundtrack is so good in this and greatly complements the character designs, plot, and magic so well. Funimation really picked up the best shows this season with both this and The Devil is a Part Timer had surprisingly good episode 1.

Nai is really special in his own way and his personality with his skill and undying devotion to his Karoku is memorable. I like how he instantly liked Gareki and clings to him and even wants to save him, and then for that, Gareki also clinging and sticking to Nai and protecting him from all sorts of danger. Great partners here and I really wish they stick together as we go through.

For Circus, Tsukumo or whatever her name is feels out of place and a baffling choice in character design, but Hirato was also pretty cool too
That sword slash on the train and blowing everyone away and then when he did the huge move to blow the bomb signaling device and rest of the train away.
. His personality too. If we have this for a member of Circus Second Ship, I cant imagine how the other characters can be, Yogi please.

So overall its really great and potentially tied with Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% for my favorite non mecha anime of the season. Reason, the ED, is instantly catchy, cant wait for full size.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
@Scampet Happiness: BUY OUR SHIT YO

These people have mastered the art of scamming little girls.

Actually, this was better than Pretty Rhythm; the pacing is fast, the jokes are mean, the visuals aren't boring and the dialogue is somewhat snappy. Still can't help but feel sorry for the parents of Japanese little girls.

That's worse than the fucking decors. lol

wonzo

Banned
bloodtype moe 1

bloodtypemoe1.jpg

hrm, yes i'm sure that disclaimer at the end shows you're totally not perpetuating this shitty pseudoscience or anything!!!

yami4ct

To be a "so bad fans don't admit it exists", it kind of has to be based on some sort of pre-existing and well liked property. No one gave a shit about SAO before it came around. Maybe it got preliminary excitement, but no one cared that much. When it turned out to suck, no one was really attached enough to deny it.

Nafe

Was the fact that more Infinite Stratos Anime being made has been confirmed already posted? I read about it somewhere else but it seems it's been mentioned on Anime News Network as well here.

duckroll

To be a "so bad fans don't admit it exists", it kind of has to be based on some sort of pre-existing and well liked property. No one gave a shit about SAO before it came around. Maybe it got preliminary excitement, but no one cared that much. When it turned out to suck, no one was really attached enough to deny it.

Hey this isn't actually true. I heard all about SAO before the anime even aired! Dresden seemed to know a lot about it! Looooooool.

Was the fact that more Infinite Stratos Anime being made has been confirmed already posted? I read about it somewhere else but it seems it's been mentioned on Anime News Network as well here.

More ???
It's a 2 cours, then ?

But then again they can rush 3 to 5 vols in a 13 ep season.

Nafe

I still think it's funny that firehawk thinks that Sword Art Online is the worst thing ever made yet he went so far as to actually buy Infinite Stratos on BD, haha.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
More Infinite Stratos on top of stuff like Date A Live? Anime is truly saved!
I still think it's funny that firehawk thinks that Sword Art Online is the worst thing ever made yet he went so far as to actually buy Infinite Stratos on BD, haha.
Exposed?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Wait. Wut?

Did it? Well, I suppose those people already knew what kind of shit they were getting into. What the anime turned into couldn't have been that surprising.

There were actually a large group of people that were dissatisfied with how the adaptation was handled.

...finally caught up! Fuck you, MH!
Others likely motives that don't need to fuck themselves: Fast thread pace, ABF back(O__O), PoeticProse22 back and actually watching anime(SOGOOD.gif).
Eh, you guys seems to fight a lot...
if my memories serves me right, first arty, then MP and now this discussion about harem
I had quoted some of you guys praising FLCL but I lost it. I thank the people who did it some hundred of pages before. I saved that pic of YuruYuriXIdolm@ster...but the best thing was the MameshibaXGintama.

I have so much anime to talk about, but I'm so lazy...like when I watched LWA, I waited for when my brother was at home and he couldn't concentrate in his college work and ended up watching with me...I did the same with Wolf Children, then with TGWLTT and with Digimon bokura no war game recently( he said Summer Wars was better). Still trying to make him watch Jojo...so sad it ended, and Polar Bear Cafe too.
This season started really well, I liked...everything...no, not really, I just don't wanna to go and make a list, the only thing I might drop is the Leviathan anime and the :DTL shows, sorry DTL, I never noticed that Mouromi-san was 12 minutes, The CG crowd from Maou moved to DS2, I really liked Hataraki Maou-sama, Shingeki no Kyoujin is awesome, and other shows but my lazyness got the best of me and everyone already talked about said shows, so gonna stop around here and go back to lurking...I'm not really suited for long posts.

Started Tatamy Galaxy, fell like I'm watching Excel Saga...

Bluwacky said he need someone with a white shirt in streetpass...
c1YT18N.jpg

...I just streetpass with myself...
So,
stop fighting you shiteaters.

duckroll

Did it? Well, I suppose those people already knew what kind of shit they were getting into. What the anime turned into couldn't have been that surprising.

I think you fail to understand something. No one who likes what SAO actually is considers the anime to be "shit". The anime didn't "turn" into anything. It's a fantastic adaptation. :p

There were actually a large group of people that were dissatisfied with how the adaptation was handled.

Where? All I see are huge groups of people asking "next season where?!?!". :p

Do you think they will use the new character designs or stick with the same?

Well if they did a franchise redesign, they should use the new design in the anime.
No point to change yor pictures in teh books if teh anime is the same.
Now i know i'm dreaming but maybe ...maybe just maybe they will use less cgs..

I usually don't mind but it felt odd in the first stratos anime.

wonzo

Banned
At least the IS BD's had a corny as fuck dub but still, goddamn.

Never underestimate the fanbase for shitty light novels.

kayos90

I think you fail to understand something. No one who likes what SAO actually is considers the anime to be "shit". The anime didn't "turn" into anything. It's a fantastic adaptation. :p

Where? All I see are huge groups of people asking "next season where?!?!". :p

Oh yeah. They're clamoring for next season. Most of them were saying how they should've made the 25 episodes about JUST Aincrad rather than rushing through 4 volumes of the stuff. In addition they were disappointed with the removal of certain stuff or whatnot. I personally thought it was a good adaptations, changes aside. I want a second season!

Never underestimate the fanbase for shitty light novels.

I agree. Look at Oreimo.

yami4ct

I realize that. I'm trying to explain why someone would deny something's existence. The type of people who hate SAO so much are those that didn't know what it was going in. They have no reason to deny its existence as they have zero prior attachment. Those that like the original, the type that would deny an anime version, knew what it was beforehand and thus don't have a problem with it.

Syrinx

So I think I'm gonna start Blood C sometime in the near future... Just feels like it's time. Not tonight though. Little nervous, just need something to relax. So why I'm watching the Mets right now, I don't know. But whatevs. Point is, Blood C soon.

yami4ct

So I think I'm gonna start Blood C sometime in the near future... Just feels like it's time. Not tonight though. Little nervous, just need something to relax. So why I'm watching the Mets right now, I don't know. But whatevs. Point is, Blood C soon.

Yay! One of us, one of us. Saya will protect you.

OceanBlue

Most of the people I know talk about kinda small things like Kirito's mental monologues not making it in or the pacing of SAO. They're things that can bother fans of the original (and you generally get these complaints from LN readers for any LN adaptation), but I don't think it's anything that'd completely ruin a series. The people who were talking about it with me say that it kinda messed up Kirito's characterization in the anime, so who knows lol.

kayos90

I realize that. I'm trying to explain why someone would deny something's existence. The type of people who hate SAO so much are those that didn't know what it was going in. They have no reason to deny its existence as they have zero prior attachment. Those that like the original, the type that would deny an anime version, knew what it was beforehand and thus don't have a problem with it.

I don't know about this however. It seems like to me that people had an idea of what it was going in and ended up feeling betrayed because what it was presented as isn't really what it actually is. Aka, it was presented as an adventure show? but in reality it was a harem. Idk....

Most of the people I know talk about kinda small things like Kirito's mental monologues not making it in or the pacing of SAO. They're things that can bother fans of the original (and you generally get these complaints from LN readers for any LN adaptation), but I don't think it's anything that'd completely ruin a series. Although the people who were talking about it with me say that it messed up Kirito's characterization in the anime, so who knows lol.

Well. I never said ruin. They just felt that adaptation wasn't as good as they thought it was. In all honesty, that group expected too much anyway. Their fault.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Vagina bones, man, vagina bones!

And through no fault of my own (ie, spending too much time on IRC), I basically ended up watching the show watching like 4 times. I figure I owed them. lol

The fact that they, for whatever reason, included many of the Japanese extras on the disc was also a pleasant surprise that I wanted to support.

duckroll

And through no fault of my own (ie, spending too much time on IRC), I basically ended up watching the show watching like 4 times. I figure I owed them. lol

The fact that they, for whatever reason, included many of the Japanese extras on the disc was also a pleasant surprise that I wanted to support.

Anything you have to say about Sword Art Online in future no longer holds any water. :(

OceanBlue

Well. I never said ruin. They just felt that adaptation wasn't as good as they thought it was. In all honesty, that group expected too much anyway. Their fault.
Lol, my bad. Yeah, in that case, it's part of the LN adaptation cycle. You always get fans who hype themselves up beyond anything reasonable in the beginning, only to get disappointed that you can't do a 1-to-1 adaptation of the novels, lol.

yami4ct

I don't know about this however. It seems like to me that people had an idea of what it was going in and ended up feeling betrayed because what it was presented as isn't really what it actually is. Aka, it was presented as an adventure show? but in reality it was a harem. Idk....

I feel like the "it doesn't exist crowd" really only comes in when someone loves something and an adaptation or sequel is just utter garbage. The betrayal crowd for SAO probably hate the show very much, but not enough to completely deny its existence. That takes some prior attachment.

kayos90

Glad to know you support shit.

What are vagina bones?

I feel like the "it doesn't exist crowd" really only comes in when someone loves something and an adaptation or sequel is just utter garbage. The betrayal crowd for SAO probably hate the show very much, but not enough to completely deny its existence. That takes some prior attachment.

Well, I never felt betrayed for a sequel as much as I have than E7AO. That much is certain.

yami4ct

Glad to know you support shit.

What are vagina bones?

Well, I never felt betrayed for a sequel as much as I have than E7AO. That much is certain.

What is this E7AO you speak of? Is it some sort of crap, untranslated E7 light novel? I've certainly never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom