• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I feel like the "it doesn't exist crowd" really only comes in when someone loves something and an adaptation or sequel is just utter garbage. The betrayal crowd for SAO probably hate the show very much, but not enough to completely deny its existence. That takes some prior attachment.
That's probably more in line with what I was trying to say in the end. I apologize for the phrasing mixup.

I still don't get the extreme hate though. Maybe it's just an effect of the internet and fanbases becoming even more connected and turning everything into a giant echo chamber.

Mature

Detective Conan 183:
Wow, that was really dumb. Some captivating time with the Detective Boys reading receipts before we get a thrilling episode of them running around and then stopping some heinous criminal whose sole motivation was...killing a dog because it barked loudly? This is basically everything that's bad about AO episodes condensed into one boring half hour. It's a shame, coming after a few fairly good AOs to get something this crappy. Still 47 episodes until Akai shows up, too. I need my strength.
Hahaha. I'm sorry. Do you dislike the Detective Boys normally or do you just hate when they're used as a catalyst for an awful episode? Sometimes when I watch the show with others, they talk about hating them, but I kind of think they're lovable. :< That's probably a byproduct of being a pretty hardcore DC fan.

OceanBlue

In Tsukihime's case, I heard that the adaptation went in an original direction separate from the visual novel. If I remember correctly, the joke was that the anime wasn't an anime of Tsukihime, not that it didn't exist.

I think you fail to understand something. No one who likes what SAO actually is considers the anime to be "shit". The anime didn't "turn" into anything. It's a fantastic adaptation. :p

As someone who like the books , i think the anime didn't do a good job at it.

The change of time was done abruptly .. with so few transistions. Many Boss battles were ignored or reduced to effects gifs.

They cut a significant part of ALO ( but they can still put it in a oav ) but it's still a cut.
They did cut small parts of Sao.

They nailed some episodes properly , but some others were terrible.
They failed to explain plenty of things to put thing into perspective... such as yui and her habilities, why did oberon lose like a slime .. and plenty of other stuff.

Seriously the anime lacked plenty of things that help to understand and leave an impression of shoddy writing when there is stuff explained.

I like the music in the anime, ep 1-2 , ep 9 & 10 , ep 20 ..this is all.
The anime is sucessfull but it's IMO full of problems.

Most of the people I know talk about kinda small things like Kirito's mental monologues not making it in or the pacing of SAO. They're things that can bother fans of the original (and you generally get these complaints from LN readers for any LN adaptation), but I don't think it's anything that'd completely ruin a series. The people who were talking about it with me say that it kinda messed up Kirito's characterization in the anime, so who knows lol.
They did.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The collector in me overlooks getting the set for the extras.

It'll be damning if you bought the Japanese blurays.

Well, in a market where sales are literally measured in the hundreds, you actually have an impact on this stuff. Of course, I wish I could tell them that I'm buying this because of the extras and not really because of the anime, but what can you do. Fully subbed commentaries though? Even Aniplex can't get their act together for their "premium" Nisemonogatari set... and IS cost like 25 bucks.

The lack of pants is pretty destructive.
Char wore pants!

What are vagina bones?

ixC6K40ahRmNX.jpg

Obviously bones that protrude from the vagina as seen in MerryMerry.

jbug617

Banned
I was pretty happy with the IS BD. the packaging isn't special but the content was great. Made me wish Sentai would do more like that in the future.

duckroll

Well, in a market where sales are literally measured in the hundreds, you actually have an impact on this stuff. Of course, I wish I could tell them that I'm buying this because of the extras and not really because of the anime, but what can you do. Fully subbed commentaries though? Even Aniplex can't get their act together for their "premium" Nisemonogatari set... and IS cost like 25 bucks.

The Utena movie DVD also had a fully subtitled commentary track. Maybe that's why CPM went out of business!

Defuser

You see kayos...thats why you have a stigma attached to you. You ask too many questions which is common knowledge to everybody.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Bah, I was hoping that article might let slip what the other noitaminA show is supposed to be in July, but no such luck. Maybe the timeslot's going back to 1 show only?
You know before I read what duckroll said - I was going mention it's probably Kenji Nakamura's Gatchaman, now I'm thinking it's weird that it might be the FIRST nakamura show that won't be on noitamina!

Joe Molotov

I'm feeling frisky and thinking about marathoning the rest of Oreimo S1 tonight. Do I need to watch the Good End and the True End, or is the True End the same thing with more stuff added?

Nafe

I haven't really been following the news on it as much as others so regarding the new, or continuation of, Saint Seiya Omega, has it been announced how many episodes it will be? Another 50 or so again or less this time?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Utena movie DVD also had a fully subtitled commentary track. Maybe that's why CPM went out of business!
Well, we all know that Sentai is a front for the mafia or something. lol

I was pretty happy with the IS BD. the packaging isn't special but the content was great. Made me wish Sentai would do more like that in the future.
Inexplicably, it even had a CD with all of the character songs on it. It's a set that defies explanation!

Defuser

I'm feeling frisky and thinking about marathoning the rest of Oreimo S1 tonight. Do I need to watch the Good End and the True End, or is the True End the same thing with more stuff added?

True end like what the title suggest. The ending is a different ending. Stick to true end.

True end follow the LN and then you have to watch the 4 specials ( that again follow the Ln )..after that point you would have seen everything and be ready for S2

Good end is just a "What if" a Tv ending

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aku no Hana 01
I enjoy things like this. It is quite deliberate with its attempts in almost all things and its frankness suits the mood and content here. The ED is immaculate.

mAcOdIn

[Gargantia]
Then there's the military operation where people are barking about commands and no-one is explaining anything. As such, a lot of the terms they throw around are meaningless to us because we really don't know what the heck they're talking about - what's a Klauserpass? Or a Telemocy Swing? I imagine that most of you take issue with these particular moments of the script and I can see why. However, they don't really bother me because they just appear to be fancy words for something that's fairly simple. A Telemocy Swing appears to be when you enter or exist a wormhole. A klauserpass missile appears to be some kind of big bomb, like a space nuke. It looks like he's just trying to spice the script up with some big words which doesn't actually make your script any clever, instead he's trying to add some character to the descriptions to that the setting feels more concrete. I don't think it's particularly effective but neither does it really qualify as an exercise in bad technobabble because the terms aren't pointless - they all clearly relate to something specific within the world of the show.
I DISAGREE!!!!

Really, I do. The dialog during the battle was bad because they were explaining everything, it was stupid. It was as if the higher ups made a plan, stuck the people in the ships without them knowing, woke them up 5 minutes to launch and finally once the see the enemy do they start barking out orders and explaining the plan. Ridiculous. Such an important mission and they'd wing it like that? They shouldn't need to tell the assholes piloting the bomb what their target was after they were in route, this was a planned attack not some spur of the moment attack of opportunity. There should have been no explanations instead we got told what everyone was doing and why.

And I didn't find the battle hard to follow but I did have questions as to some of the why's. Like why there was literally a phalanx in space shields and all. Just make the whole damn robot from the sheild's material, it's space. Why even make super maneuverable robots just to have them form a phalanx. Just build a propelled shield laser wall thing and put the robots behind it during approach if that's your style of warfare. Why only bring one of each mission critical ship for a planned battle against a stationary enemy with such dire consequences?

Anyways though, I don't mind technobabble' and neither should you. I don't think most people know what a Bangalore torpedo is but they're not knocking Saving Private Ryan for it's historobabble.

Love Live 3

That concert was sort of predictable, but it was still kind of a kick in the teeth. But hey, hard work and friendship and all that! I want new members to the group already, so maybe it'll start with that next episode.

-Minsc-

Gargantia 1

I'm going to take a different approach than everyone else for my comments on this opening episode.

*ahem*

Ledo just bypassed the entire plot of Battle Star Galactica and
made it to Earth

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 13

This is the episode where Mao and Tessa have a paintball fight. It's great because the episode does a lot to develop their relationship, and I feel it's sort of rare for a show to take time to focus on the relationship of two characters who are not the lead. Before I take flack for docking other shows for similar things, I should like to point out that Mao and Tessa are still part of the main cast, even if they're not tier one Sousuke and Kaname main cast.

What is this show?

A 3 minute 'educational' show about how blood types define someone's personality.

Or listening to some awesome seiyuus talk for 3 minutes~

I think they both start out the same but diverge halfway through. It's been ages since I've seen it though so don't hold me on this.

I believe that the first half of each version of episode 12 is the same and then they diverge.

blood types defining personality. Hasn't that been proven to be bullshit?

people with them agendas!

mushibugyou 1

energetic dude. explosions. :chet. Seems standard ass shounen. Don't see those often. Not sure if I'm diggin it though. Might give it one more eps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom