• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
@Scampet Happiness: BUY OUR SHIT YO

These people have mastered the art of scamming little girls.

Actually, this was better than Pretty Rhythm; the pacing is fast, the jokes are mean, the visuals aren't boring and the dialogue is somewhat snappy. Still can't help but feel sorry for the parents of Japanese little girls.

Why is the girl is the lower right a Nonowa?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Karneval 1

This is almost the worst thing ever, it would be somewhat tolerable (but still bad) if Nai didn't exist or got killed off in the first few seconds, as it is this is completely unwatchable.

Tatami Galaxy - 02

First I was like, "What?! They aren't going to show what happened after
the crowd threw him in the river?
"
But I like where this episode went, with
him joining the movie circle instead of the tennis one
. And I wonder if this is the concept of the whole series.
And I really like Ozu-kun character, he's a whortless crap, but without him the MC would be just one more of this "soulless" MCs you see everywhere. And Akashi is awesome too.

Kagami

Well, in a market where sales are literally measured in the hundreds, you actually have an impact on this stuff. Of course, I wish I could tell them that I'm buying this because of the extras and not really because of the anime, but what can you do.

If they don't come with survey URL inserts you could always just email them!

OceanBlue

Tatami Galaxy - 02

First I was like, "What?! They aren't going to show what happened after
the crowd threw him in the river?
"
But I like where this episode went, with
him joining the movie circle instead of the tennis one
. And I wonder if this is the concept of the whole series.
And I really like Ozu-kun character, he's a whortless crap, but without him the MC would be just one more of this "soulless" MCs you see everywhere. And Akashi is awesome too.

I didn't say this for your giant post but I think I'll say it now:
I'm really glad you're watching this show, lol. It's definitely one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy it.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 6

"How do you punch with your butt?" These are the questions we must answer if we wish to discover the secrets of life.

Erika's dad is a little weird, but man was he right in telling off that girl. Her pictures were pretty much exclusively about people falling and getting hit with shit. Dumb shit. Want to be a photographer? Photograph cool shit. Like the SC president. What a dreamboat.

Detective Conan 184:
Okay, now that was fantastic. A special in every sense of the word, and probably one of the very best anime original cases for Detective Conan I've ever seen. It had all the sorts of things that make a great Conan case, even down to a creepy mansion and some great music, and the trick behind the murder was really well done. Although I figured out who the killer was well before the reveal (it just seemed obvious to me once that character was ruled out that he must be the killer), it was still handled in a great way, and the very end of the episode after he had confessed to everything was great. I really wasn't expecting the episode to then go and touch on
the entire charity being a sham for profit, popularity and the illusion of caring
, and it got really dark.

This honestly felt like something that could have been a case in the manga, and had all of the human depravity, sympathies, and intellect that I expect from the series. The only problem I have is that it makes me want every AO case to be this good. Even still, it makes my decision to watch through the random episodes in the anime completely worth it.

Hahaha. I'm sorry. Do you dislike the Detective Boys normally or do you just hate when they're used as a catalyst for an awful episode? Sometimes when I watch the show with others, they talk about hating them, but I kind of think they're lovable. :< That's probably a byproduct of being a pretty hardcore DC fan.

No, I don't hate them normally. It's really just when they're used for dumb shit that I have a problem with them. There are plenty of stories in the manga that have used them to great effect, and I've even enjoyed some AO episodes with them. There's just a tendency to get stuff like this from time to time that can be frustrating.

Well, in a market where sales are literally measured in the hundreds, you actually have an impact on this stuff. Of course, I wish I could tell them that I'm buying this because of the extras and not really because of the anime, but what can you do. Fully subbed commentaries though? Even Aniplex can't get their act together for their "premium" Nisemonogatari set... and IS cost like 25 bucks.

I certainly do wish that more US sets could follow on this line. There's a real lack of translated features and commentaries, and I would be willing to pay a little extra to get that stuff included on our releases.

That said...I wouldn't buy Infinite Stratos for that.

Joe Molotov

Heartcatch Precure 6

"How do you punch with your butt?"

iSMI3puioDboF.gif

Nanoha StrikerS 8 (rewatch)

One of the more decent episodes of the show since it actually makes adult Nanoha look like an actual character. I'd like to think Teana and Subaru did what they did because they too were tired of training episodes.

cajunator

Banned
You guys are insane.
A hundred posts in two hours? good lord.

A grand compromise!

compromises make the world go round.

I still think it's funny that firehawk thinks that Sword Art Online is the worst thing ever made yet he went so far as to actually buy Infinite Stratos on BD, haha.

Sword Art Online is a show I dropped halfway and despite it continuing to have cuteness I refuse to watch it.
I seriously could not fucking stand that show enough to finish it.
thats how much I loathe it.

So I think I'm gonna start Blood C sometime in the near future... Just feels like it's time. Not tonight though. Little nervous, just need something to relax. So why I'm watching the Mets right now, I don't know. But whatevs. Point is, Blood C soon.

BloodC is WELL worth your time.
incredibly entertaining and your episode impressions will be very exciting to read.

Mature

Detective Conan 184:
Okay, now that was fantastic. A special in every sense of the word, and probably one of the very best anime original cases for Detective Conan I've ever seen. It had all the sorts of things that make a great Conan case, even down to a creepy mansion and some great music, and the trick behind the murder was really well done. Although I figured out who the killer was well before the reveal (it just seemed obvious to me once that character was ruled out that he must be the killer), it was still handled in a great way, and the very end of the episode after he had confessed to everything was great. I really wasn't expecting the episode to then go and touch on
the entire charity being a sham for profit, popularity and the illusion of caring
, and it got really dark.
One of the most absurd/awesome murders in DC history.

One Piece x Toriko & Dragon Ball Z Crossover - 01

looooool

That's sme stupidity in there .. but thinking about it they used a lot of plot element to try to convince people that goku is on the same level as luffy or toriko ..

Still it was nice with plenty of cameo.. the battles were stupid but it was fun ...

I mean the instant he came on the ring , the winner was obvious.

Tatami Galaxy - 03

Haha. This one was awesome as well.
I like how they used
Jougasaki, and didn't have to explain everything about him since he was presented in the last eísode.
His sunset speech was inspiring. "If you're a man, then grab victory! Grab victory, and
grab women's tits!"
Ozu still fun as hell.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If they don't come with survey URL inserts you could always just email them!
I'm not convinced that they actually exist!

I certainly do wish that more US sets could follow on this line. There's a real lack of translated features and commentaries, and I would be willing to pay a little extra to get that stuff included on our releases.
It's probably not worth it for most of these companies to license and pay for these features. But when Aniplex can't pony up for their "premium" releases and still charges a premium price for them? It's a bit of a joke.

cajunator

Banned
That's probably more in line with what I was trying to say in the end. I apologize for the phrasing mixup.

I still don't get the extreme hate though. Maybe it's just an effect of the internet and fanbases becoming even more connected and turning everything into a giant echo chamber.

SAO is the shitty dregs of the anime word.
I would rather watch Gantz and I hate Gantz so much.

Well, in a market where sales are literally measured in the hundreds, you actually have an impact on this stuff. Of course, I wish I could tell them that I'm buying this because of the extras and not really because of the anime, but what can you do. Fully subbed commentaries though? Even Aniplex can't get their act together for their "premium" Nisemonogatari set... and IS cost like 25 bucks.

Char wore pants!

IS cost about $40.

Obviously bones that protrude from the vagina as seen in MerryMerry.

Dream Eater Merry was pretty interesting.
A bit darker than I was expecting but I wasnt sure what to expect anyway.

Well, we all know that Sentai is a front for the mafia or something. lol

Inexplicably, it even had a CD with all of the character songs on it. It's a set that defies explanation!

the character song cd is mainly why I bought it.
Ma cherie is worth every single cent.

Jintor

attack on Titan/giant/whatever

Hell of a first episode

Amusingly, the club airing immediately afterwards was love live

cajunator

Banned
I think I'm in love with Aku no Hana's ED.

I'm such a shit eater.

as am I.
I love that psychotic haunting half chanting stuttering "singing" in the ED.
It perfectly fits the uneasy feeling pervading the series.

I'm not convinced that they actually exist!

It's probably not worth it for most of these companies to license and pay for these features. But when Aniplex can't pony up for their "premium" releases and still charges a premium price for them? It's a bit of a joke.

aniplex just tends to release a lot of shows I have to have at any cost.
they are evil and manipulative and I am their puppet.

Articalys

SAO is the shitty dregs of the anime word.
I would rather watch Gantz and I hate Gantz so much.
I'm still not any closer to understanding why SAO in particular lit up a concentrated firestorm of hatebases when I'm sure there has to have been some other series in the past that was popular in sales/media reception but similarly severely disliked by fans.

Narag

I'm still not any closer to understanding why SAO in particular lit up a concentrated firestorm of hatebases when I'm sure there has to have been some other series in the past that was popular in sales/media reception but similarly severely disliked by fans.

I blame the airtime. If it had been on Monday or Tuesday, no one would have cared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom