• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpjolee

I'm still not any closer to understanding why SAO in particular lit up a concentrated firestorm of hatebases when I'm sure there has to have been some other series in the past that was popular in sales/media reception but similarly severely disliked by fans.

I don't really get why SAO is really hated here either. Anime adaptation was not that great but wasn't really that bad either.

Defuser

Kirito and Asuna rank #1 on newtype
Light novels selling gangbusters
Anime sales is selling gangbusters
Music sales are selling gangbusters
SAO : IM video game sold quite well for an anime game.
Majority of the youths are reading SAO light novels and fangirls squeeling over Gary stu.

Right it's the in thing. Give a few years it will wane off or until a equally popular franchise takes over.....until SAO season 2 gets announced......

I don't really get why SAO is really hated here either. Anime adaptation was not that great but wasn't really that bad either.
The whole show is practically Kirito showing off his gary stu skills and girls wanting his dick badly. Oh and deus ex machina which defies all logic settings which the author set in the first place.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kirito and Asuna rank #1 on newtype
Light novels selling gangbusters
Anime sales is selling gangbusters
Music sales are selling gangbusters
SAO : IM video game sold quite well for an anime game.
Majority of the youths are reading SAO light novels and fangirls squeeling over Gary stu.

Right it's the in thing. Give a few years it will wane off or until a equally popular franchise takes over.....until SAO season 2 gets announced......

You forgot about what fans think of Asuna in that last bit bro.

Not enough Silica.

Never again after that stupid bet. You and your mod cooperation antics!

Asuna and Kirito being an obnoxious couple. And that creepy child pixy thing. Asuna is just such an obnoxious tsundere.

The terrible borderline rape scenes. An interesting premise ruined and a deus ex machina ending for part 1.

Tatami Galaxy - 04

I really like how the story is unfolding.
Since we get a lot of animes without
"ends"
, I like this
"What if?"
approach, I like the little points
all the storys have so far in common, even though this episode didn't have the first and worst encounter thing.
And I really like
they don't need to estabilish the characters every episode,
on this note Ozu still is awesome.

[Darker than Black 2: Electric Batman Boogaloo] - 1

irLNBngOUny8r.jpg

I like it, especially because I think I'm in love. Starts out lighthearted with some reintroducing of a couple of characters from last season while turning into regular Darker than Black but with more despair than ever before. I'm honestly afraid to see how they will fuck this up.

Also god damn was her friend busty as hell for her age, I love anime. Here's also Suou screencaps that I couldn't resist taking (NSFW). My love is flowing out too fast.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I like it, especially because I think I'm in love. Starts out lighthearted with some reintroducing of a couple of characters from last season while turning into regular Darker than Black but with more despair than ever before. I'm honestly afraid to see how they will fuck this up.

Also god damn was her friend busty as hell for her age, I love anime. Here's also Suou screencaps that I couldn't resist taking (NSFW). My love is flowing out too fast.

Another stain.... Another...

fertygo

Its wouldn't get that much hate if its not have that much of sexually offensive thing.
It's just a matter of popularity. SAO doesn't do anything offensive that hasn't been done a 1000x elsewhere and in worse ways.
Its does though.

Defuser

What about the soundtr...UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

trejo

Mushibugyo 1

A shounen show about pest control in old timey Japan. This is easily my top contender for worst OP of the season. The song is straight up terrible and it doesn't even attempt to match the visuals in the slightest.

The episode itself could've been worse, I guess, but there's really nothing much here to hold my attention.

Tatami Galaxy - 05

I forgot to say in the last episode
I couldn't believe Akashi being a Higuchi disciple, and when this episode started to show the Hankawa scam, I was imagining how they would put Akashi in the story.
This setting was a tough spot to Ozu, and I didn't enjoy this one very much...it was good, but not as good as the other episodes.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 13

So the themesong to this show really reminds me of music from Mario Galaxy. No idea if that's intentional or not on SMG's part. Anyway, this episode had us see Amuro, Frau Bow, those three damn kids, and Hayato again. I know it's been like, 8 years since MSG, but I do NOT like the new English VAs for Frau Bow, Kai, and Hayato, not one bit.

Anyway, turns out Hayato DID marry Frau Bow and now she has a babby on the form. Meanwhile she still seems to look like she hopes Amuro will whisk her away from four mewling children and having Hayato as a husband. Alas, it works out the other way around. Those Three Damn Brats raise trouble for Renton and Eureka and Amuro sends Frau Bow packing.

Apparently Amuro was in love with Seyla? That really did not seem like a thing from the end of MSG. I mean, they were close, but after Mathilda and Lalah there was hardly any real indication that Amuro was in love with her.

Also, Char's mask is so paper thin that everyone, Kamille included, thinks he should just fess up about it. Most bizarre of all, though, is Hayato pleading with him to become the ruler of Earth.

How many Chars do that, exactly? Char himself, I guess, and I know Zechs does it, but who else? Not Rau, Neo, Schwarz or hahahahaha Mr. Bushido. Zeheart does.

cajunator

Banned
I am AB-. I am literally screwed when I happen to need blood transfusion.

I have no idea what my blood type is.

best gif in animegaf.
probably.

I'm still not any closer to understanding why SAO in particular lit up a concentrated firestorm of hatebases when I'm sure there has to have been some other series in the past that was popular in sales/media reception but similarly severely disliked by fans.

because its fucking garbage.
Im not a fan of MMO culture so I cannot even appreciate it on that level.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

This doesn't exist. Stahp.

Articalys

because its fucking garbage.
Im not a fan of MMO culture so I cannot even appreciate it on that level.
The thing is though, I've heard plenty of shows get called garbage before, but not on this level. Is it just a case of the fanbase being incredibly vocal about their stance, or what?

Phi Brain 07

I can get somehow get using a children's card game to try and kill someone since you know MAGIC ALIEN POWERS or MAGIC EGYPTIAN POWERS or MAGIC OTHER DIMENSION POWERS or MAGIC MOTORBIKES? POWERS (Ok, I haven't watched 5D yet), but puzzles? Does it release some MAGIC PUZZLE POWERS or something that otherwise wouldn't kill the person? Why even go through all that effort.

duckroll

The thing is though, I've heard plenty of shows get called garbage before, but not on this level. Is it just a case of the fanbase being incredibly vocal about their stance, or what?

He's probably just jealous no one seems to like the crap he does! So they bomb!

cajunator

Banned
I bought it during a sale maybe. I know I didn't pay 40 for it anyway, because even I have my limits. lol

it was worth 40. barely.

A beauty who has been shown nude, in sexualise positions, licked and tentacle groped? Perfect Waifu!

beautiful? in what foul fucked up way is Asuna beautiful, let alone cute? she is just a useless object getting saved all the time.
no personality, no cute moments, nothing.

A-are you calling me fat?! H-hidoi! DTL niiiii-chan! Kayos called me fat! >_<

hhhhhhnnnnnnnnnngh.
cuteroll.

Suou is a cutie.
you and me agree on so damned many things in anime.

duckroll

For the record, I don't really think Sword Art Online is a particularly good show. I just don't see how it's any worse than the majority of mediocre pandering stuff which mostly defines the anime industry. It's a show about a boy who goes into a game and saves the girl. Big fucking deal. Boo hoo. It's not surprising that it's successful because it's easy to understand and it looks pretty cool.

Branduil

I think it's because Sword Art Online presents itself as something it isn't.

cajunator

Banned
For the record, I don't really think Sword Art Online is a particularly good show. I just don't see how it's any worse than the majority of mediocre pandering stuff which mostly defines the anime industry. It's a show about a boy who goes into a game and saves the girl. Big fucking deal. Boo hoo. It's not surprising that it's successful because it's easy to understand and it looks pretty cool.

it did that while also snubbing the best three characters completely, pulling endings out of its ass, forcing the fakest relationship since star wars episode 2, and having extremely boring villains. thats just part one though.
luckily I cant tell you what part two was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom