• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
*ahem*

*points to avatar*

Taiga~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first episode was pretty boring and repetitive.

disagreed.
I think it worked quite well to create an unsettling atmosphere there were going for.

All of the Kugyuu tsunderes have great ZR, whether you love them or hate them.

holy shit, I think you're right.
So that is Rie's evil secret!

Potential?

Sakaki is lovely.
Even little adorable Kaorin has the hots for her.

This Aku no Hana talk's reminding me of when I used to defend Fujikoike. At least I agree with most of y'all that the rotoscoping's mediocre.
That's about it, anyway, since I don't know if the manga's any good or not

One Piece x Toriko & Dragon Ball Z Crossover - 01

looooool

That's sme stupidity in there .. but thinking about it they used a lot of plot element to try to convince people that goku is on the same level as luffy or toriko ..

Still it was nice with plenty of cameo.. the battles were stupid but it was fun ...

I mean the instant he came on the ring , the winner was obvious.

hahaha lol, I am pretty sure Goku could take on everyone there by himself.

Number 1 rule for Crossovers: Don't include Dragonball Z.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 6

"How do you punch with your butt?" These are the questions we must answer if we wish to discover the secrets of life.

Erika's dad is a little weird, but man was he right in telling off that girl. Her pictures were pretty much exclusively about people falling and getting hit with shit. Dumb shit. Want to be a photographer? Photograph cool shit. Like the SC president. What a dreamboat.
ohohohohoho

duckroll

This Aku no Hana talk's reminding me of when I used to defend Fujikoike. At least I agree with most of y'all that the rotoscoping's mediocre.
That's about it, anyway, since I don't know if the manga's any good or not

I think it's slightly different in the sense that in the end, the people who enjoy Aku no Hana will at worst be visually handicapped. For Fujiko, those of us who made it to the end probably all had permanent brain damage. :(

Dresden

Aku no Okada would have been amazing, and I don't mean this in some ironic way. It's the kind of manga she'd love to write, at least up to where the anime will go.

Sakaki is lovely.
Even little adorable Kaorin has the hots for her.

RwArEH1.jpg

Instro

I think it's slightly different in the sense that in the end, the people who enjoy Aku no Hana will at worst be visually handicapped. For Fujiko, those of us who made it to the end probably all had permanent brain damage. :(

The owls....they're everywhere.

Taiga is a goddess
Shana is horrible
Louise is slightly better
Nagi is ok
Iori is terrible
Lotte is meh
Aria is insufferably annoying.
Rie is not a voice actress I care for very much.
too much tsun and urusai.
however something about Taiga transcends her.
What the fuck is it about Taiga?

Other than Taiga, I agree with none of that. It had to happen at least once my nakama. They're pretty common opinions though and I can see the fault in every single one of them, but Kugyuu was the first seiyuu I really started to recognize (now it controls my life) so I just have a weird tendency to like every character she's done.

Dresden

space battleship yamato 2199 - (2012) - 01

I'm sorry, I couldn't stop laughing when
the crew of Yukikaze began to sing as they sailed to their doom.
It's gruff machismo taken to such an absurd level. It should fly well with the manly anime crowd, I guess. The men are stout and the women are same-faced accessories.

Some awkward pacing but I thought the episode worked well enough, as a whole. It's hard to 'lose' with that last shot, anyway.

Shouldn't be surprised considering just what this is, but it's so old-school, and Japanese to boot. Sometimes it works: the various antiquity of machinery, golden-age SF appropriations of naval tactics onto a spacial plane, etc. It's quite fun to watch, even when some awkwardness arises from how the design work faithfully recreates what's been parodied for decades now. Some of those ships, and their maneuvers, look straight out of Futurama.

But then there are unpleasant parallels to be drawn between the plight of humanity - as represented by the solely Japanese cast - and the 'devils,' the ones who have destroyed Earth with their WMDs. It's just uncomfortable considering the Japanese penchant for selective memory regarding their history, but again, I suppose this is (originally) old as fuck.

This was funny because it reminded me of how the bridge in Majestic Prince retracted inward. Progress.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gargantia 2

This episode is drastically different from the previous episode. However, I think the episode still remains strong in showing the relationship between two foreign entities. Chamber and Red are fairly awesome characters especially in trying to figure out how the nomads live. I think the only part of the narrative that disappoints me is that it's rather mundane so far. It's a short series so I expected it to pick up but I guess it's understandable to have sort of a two episode introductory arc to ease the characters into the world.

I'm surprised by the visual quality of the show. I never would've guessed that PIG did this considering my impression with the studio after PP has been negative to say the least. There is a rich and diverse use of color and I love many of the camera angles they take throughout the episode just like the first episode.

The soundtrack is surprisingly good as well. I can't really comment beyond that. I want to hear more of it to describe it's tone and mood.

I think the part of the episode that stood out to me most was
the end. I was surprised by how nonchalant Red was in killing people. It seems likes the mental workings of the nomads and the space humans are vastly different. The indiscriminate killing and how Red is completely unfazed by it struck me as disturbing a bit. I hope they expand upon this next episode but not for too long.

Solid episode and I'm looking forward to what this show has to offer in the future.

cajunator

Banned
Other than Taiga, I agree with none of that. It had to happen at least once my nakama. They're pretty common opinions though and I can see the fault in every single one of them, but Kugyuu was the first seiyuu I really started to recognize (now it controls my life) so I just have a weird tendency to like every character she's done.

if we agreed every single time it wouldn't be fun would it?

Hataraki Maou-sama! 1

Best girl, Chiho, indeed arrives in the first episode.

ZachDeKoromaru report successfully delivered. May it keep up throughout.

this show was such a pleasant surprise.

Jarmel

Banned
Depending on how well shows like Gargantia, AOT, and Hataraku Maou turn out, I really think my opinion on directors will change in regards to importance.

Articalys

No. That's Fall. It hasn't even been announced yet.
I love how, thanks to all the different kinds of behind-the-scenes Twitter talk, trademarks, offhand comments during interviews, etc., we can confidently state the airing season for a show that formally doesn't exist to the public yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom