• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben-to - 02

Did I say this is stupid?
Then let me say: " This is stupidly fun".
Wolfs, pigs, boars, looters. lol
Now I'm hungry, gonna get something to eat while watching the next episode.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yuyushiki
That was pleasant, if nothing else.
It seems we've evolved into the age of the three girl anime though. lol

http://i.imgur.com/iNPPozql.jpg[IMG]
This part immediately reminded me of one of my long time favourite blogs though:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kL4Cqi1.jpg[IMG]
[URL="http://hanzismatter.blogspot.ca/"]Hanzi Smatter[/URL]
From the blog, this is what the guy thought this tattoo meant: [SPOILER]"I have a feeling that this is gibberish, but I'd like some confirmation that I truly DID make a huge mistake in judgement 16 years ago.
My initials. "M" "C" "G" "[/SPOILER]

(With many, many, many more examples of people getting really poorly thought out tattoos of random "Asian" characters).[/QUOTE]

Embarrassing admission time: I have kanji tattoos. In my defense, I got them when I was 18, so...over a decade ago. I was pretty dumb. Thankfully, a Japanese dude I lived with for a couple weeks confirmed that they meant what I thought they meant (I didn't even tell him beforehand what I thought they meant, so he wasn't trolling me or anything, :lol). Still, I regret them, and pretty much all my tattoos. Never get inked when you're fresh out of high school, kids. You WILL regret it.

[quote="jgminto, post: 53328861"][B]Yuyushiki [/B]1

Okay I take back my ZZZs, that was pretty good. Nice sense of humour and really good character interaction. Not sure if yuri or just stupid though.

[B]Aiura[/B] 1

I don't even know what to say. Super short and nothing happened. Really nice looking backgrounds and a weird/cool OP which took up a large portion of the show.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my main problem with [B]Aiura[/B]. A four minute show in which 1:30 of it is OP and ED.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Embarrassing admission time: I have kanji tattoos. In my defense, I got them when I was 18, so...over a decade ago. I was pretty dumb. Thankfully, a Japanese dude I lived with for a couple weeks confirmed that they meant what I thought they meant (I didn't even tell him beforehand what I thought they meant, so he wasn't trolling me or anything, :lol). Still, I regret them, and pretty much all my tattoos. Never get inked when you're fresh out of high school, kids. You WILL regret it.

You could always email the blog and see if your friend was lying to you or not! lol

789shadow

Banned
Binbougami ga 09

Holy shit this series is killing me. The fucking tennis match, holy shit.

Jormungand: Perfect Order 09

And then the fate of the world was determined in the Dulles Airport Five Guys.

Mankind has Fallen 09

What should we do with our new nation?

Strongarm other countries.

Oppress.

Persecute.

Holy fuck this series is fantastic.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You could always email the blog and see if your friend was lying to you or not! lol

Nah, he wasn't. Like I said, I didn't tell him beforehand what I thought they were. He just kinda noticed them out of the blue and read them off.

Cool guy though. Wish I'd been able to get to know him a bit better. Only lived there for a couple weeks back in '04 or so.

My little body could not handle tattoos very well probably.
Glad I never had that idea.

1. Quoted the wrong post, huh? :lol

2. Dude I'm scrawny as hell too (6", 160). And I tolerated four tattoos (one rather large) just fine. :lol

cajunator

Banned
Nah, he wasn't. Like I said, I didn't tell him beforehand what I thought they were. He just kinda noticed them out of the blue and read them off.

Cool guy though. Wish I'd been able to get to know him a bit better. Only lived there for a couple weeks back in '04 or so.

1. Quoted the wrong post, huh? :lol

2. Dude I'm scrawny as hell too (6", 160). And I tolerated four tattoos (one rather large) just fine. :lol

Yeah I meant to multi quote the tattoo post.

But anyway Mondaijis end cards were the bestttttttt.
That bunnygirl is fucking amazing.

I dunno if 6' 160 is scrawny, but Im 5'7" and 117. I'm a little thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah I meant to multi quote the tattoo post.

But anyway Mondaijis end cards were the bestttttttt.
That bunnygirl is fucking amazing.

I dunno if 6' 160 is scrawny, but Im 5'7" and 117. I'm a little thing.

Haha, trust me man, my arms are like toothpicks. I'm just kinda tall is all. I don't actually know that I'm 6'. I may be taller. It's been a very long time since I've actually measured.

wonzo

Banned
my_first_gif.gif

Hey guys! Do you think I'm up to the Tumblr quality standard?
You didn't apply a piss yellow matte to it nor did you crank the lossy setting in Photoshop up to some ridiculously high percentage so you definitely have a ways to go.

Basch

So far my favorite shows of the season are Suisei no Gargantia and Shingeki no Kyojin. I still have a few others I have yet to get to like Hataraku Maou-sama, Majestic Prince, and Valvrave. The rest I'll probably skip. I'll watch a couple more episodes of Aku no Hana before I throw a verdict out on that one. Interesting show, but, so far, poor execution. Not exactly getting the feelings I had with previous shows, but I loved the music and it did manage to grab my attention at some points.

cajunator

Banned
So far my favorite shows of the season are Suisei no Gargantia and Shingeki no Kyojin. I still have a few others I have yet to get to like Hataraku Maou-sama, Majestic Prince, and Valvrave. The rest I'll probably skip. I'll watch a couple more episodes of Aku no Hana before I throw a verdict out on that one. Interesting show, but, so far, poor execution. Not exactly getting the feelings I had with previous shows, but I loved the music and it did manage to grab my attention at some points.

Maou-sama is hilarious. The Lord of darkness finds a job at Mcdonalds. It cant go wrong.

wonzo

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X box:

Not a huge fan of it, but I don't especially hate it either. I'll drop the $40.
1080i and the first 9 eps are crammed on the first disc instead of being spread out evenly. I can't wait for the compression artefacts!!

Mature

1080i and the first 9 eps are crammed on the first disc instead of being spread out evenly. I can't wait for the compression artefacts!!
Offer me an alternative... please!

Ben-to - 02

Did I say this is stupid?
Then let me say: " This is stupidly fun".
Wolfs, pigs, boars, looters. lol
Now I'm hungry, gonna get something to eat while watching the next episode.
Spoken like a true Wolf. You better not settle for full price.

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar Final 4

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. Oh man, so they land on a crazy pale earth with Unfortunate Implications White Papillon (Seriously, she's suddenly white and the explanation offered is that the entire world is of a slightly paler pigment.) and everyone is suddenly all "Let's quit fighting!" except those with G Stones.

Then there is this creepy scene where the bondage bee woman (she has a thong made from chains and a giant bee butt) starts licking a chained up Renee, and then stabbing her with her spike (yeah, I wonder what that could possibly mean.) and then Gai runs off to fight the Soul Masters, except THEY HAVE G STONES AND CAIN IS WITH THEM.

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

Yuyushiki 1

cute girls doing cute :sdburton stuff.

It's a strange show to watch after hidamari sketch. Wide to tall, tall to wide, wide to tall, tall to wide.

wonzo

Banned
Maybe I'm crazy, but this looks the result of the camera angle/perspective. Her glasses look like they're pushed down/out.
That's because it is.

So, can anybody recommend me most funny comedy that came out for the past 5 years? Something really hilarious, even if without plot at all. I thought that Ouran was quite good in that aspect, so maybe something similar. Thanks.
Soredemo
Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
Humanity has Declined
Joshiraku
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Plastic Nee-san
Detroit Metal City

I honestly can't tell if ducky's enthusiasm for Yuyushiki is genuine or not.
I don't see why it wouldn't be genuine, y'all need to give duckroll a break. :(

cajunator

Banned
Yuyushiki 1

cute girls doing cute :sdburton stuff.

It's a strange show to watch after hidamari sketch. Wide to tall, tall to wide, wide to tall, tall to wide.

Yeah I was thinking the same based on the artwork. Even the way they close their eyes it makes them look taller.
Gonna check it out after a few Chihayafuru episodes.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 8

Idol worship is stupid. If my brother was famous and my friends were all "Hey Syrinx, can we go disturb your brother while he's trying to do his damn job?" I'd be all "...No." Hell, having fans would suck. I'd be all "Go away." Unless they were polite. Then I'd return the favor. But all the people who would be all "It's Syrinx! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" could go fuck themselves. I'm fucking working or minding my own business. Leave me alone.

Momoka does look nice, though. Guess she wouldn't be a model if she wasn't, but whatever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuyushiki - 01

3mgFbaz.png
u0djMkN.png

H5oTtWV.png
Foiw6yg.png

New additions to the garden!

Holy shit was that a perfect episode. The characters, the humor, all of it was superb and spot on. I decided to check this out as I was under the impression it was going to be a nice kickback comedy show but to see that it was supplied with :sdburton goodness from start to finish was the best present I could ever ask for for this season. Why didn't anyone alert this to me during their impression posts (I might've overlooked it if you did, if not, shame on you!)?! What happens with the other currently airing shows I could care less now. I found my champion for AOTS and it will not change. Long story short:

b3iLlfl.gif

cajunator

Banned
Yuyushiki - 01

Holy shit was that a perfect episode. The characters, the humor, all of it was superb and spot on. I decided to check this out as I was under the impression it was going to be a nice kickback comedy show but to see that it was supplied with :sdburton goodness from start to finish was the best present I could ever ask for for this season. Why didn't anyone alert this to me during their impression posts (I might've overlooked it if you did, if not, shame on you!)?! What happens with the other currently airing shows I could care less now. I found my champion for AOTS and it will not change. Long story short:

b3iLlfl.gif

I dunno guys. Do you think SDBurton liked it?

duckroll

Yuyushiki - 01

Why didn't anyone alert this to me during their impression posts (I might've overlooked it if you did, if not, shame on you!)?!

I highlighted very important key words from the Crunchyroll description yesterday when I was telling people to get ready for it. I guess I'm not important enough to pay attention to. I understand though. It's okay...

/me sulks in the corner.

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 4

So much :chet you can't help but feel like Mr. Kimura. This is the pool episode, and when it wasn't busy showing off Sakaki and Yomi (You're an American!), it poisoned us with the sheer amount of adorable it was watching Chiyo attempt to swim. And of course, this episode was the introduction to Mr. Kimura, who is very, very openly into High School girls.

How is it Mr. Kimura's face never became a meme?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I highlighted very important key words from the Crunchyroll description yesterday when I was telling people to get ready for it. I guess I'm not important enough to pay attention to. I understand though. It's okay...

/me sulks in the corner.

I'm so sorry duckroll! I'll see if I can find your post and give you your credit!

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 9 (5 or so minutes in)

Okay, I know this is probably gonna be resolved by the end of the episode or whatever, but I just need to say this.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?! Who the hell waits outside the school of the daughter of the person they're recruiting so they can ask their fucking kid to help persuade them?! Fuck this guy anywhere there is to be fucked. I wouldn't blame Tsubomi if she pulled out a can of acid and poured it in his eyes. Dickbagshitface.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 9 (5 or so minutes in)

Okay, I know this is probably gonna be resolved by the end of the episode or whatever, but I just need to say this.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?! Who the hell waits outside the school of the daughter of the person they're recruiting so they can ask their fucking kid to help persuade them?! Fuck this guy anywhere there is to be fucked. I wouldn't blame Tsubomi if she pulled out a can of acid and poured it in his eyes. Dickbagshitface.
Precure worlds are places where silly scares like the Boogeyman and pedophiles do not exist.

Nafe

I'm so sorry duckroll! I'll see if I can find your post and give you your credit!

Here you go.

They already did: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/08-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-yuyushiki-anime
“Yuzuko, Yui, and Yukari, three girls who just started high school in spring, are always together. After school, the three of them attend their own "Data Processing Club" with two computers and a whiteboard between them, searching for random words on Google and then discussing the results. Their day to day life is mostly uneventful, mainly only consisting of girls flirting, but for some reason it's difficult to tear one's eyes away from this new generation of high school girls' communication. Their cute, laid-back high school lives are defined by hanging out, club activities, and occasional hints of yuri. Au uneventful, good life - that is their "yuyushiki" (rule)”

Ben-to - 04

Eh, Shaga is just a cousin, why not an imouto?/sarcasm
This episode was pure :SDBurton.
Ice witch owns. In fighting and being human too.
Someone is ploting something behind the curtains, all for the half-priced ben-to.
Next episode will be rough for Saito...Ah Ah Aaaaaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom