• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Yuyushiki 1

Best show of the season so far for me. Yuzu is awesome with her random comments and I like the part in the
bookstore
. All 3 girls really flow together nicely. I hope we get more of the teacher as the show goes on.

Nanoha The movie 2nd
Godness.

First let me start by saying that i perfer the plot of the serie .. maybe it's because i know it perfectly ..but still that didn't prevent me from enjoying this beautifull movie.

They really went all out on the fights .. they went all out on the transformation scene
( nanoha & fate only )
But still what a great story.. What an entertaining movie !!!
Magical%20Girl%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20The%20MOVIE%202nd_01.jpg

Friend for starters , more in the future :)
Magical%20Girl%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20The%20MOVIE%202nd_02.jpg

So badass ! Forgiven ! (wait isn't there some gramatical mistake , here ? )
Magical%20Girl%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20The%20MOVIE%202nd_03.jpg

Seriously , attack first think later ! But i still like you Vita !
Magical%20Girl%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20The%20MOVIE%202nd_04.jpg

Perfect scene

Just look at this goddamm action scenes !!
Seriously , check the gifs if you're not convinced .
Beautifull , excellent 9.8/10

2 hours 30 min of pleasure

cajunator

Banned
Nanoha The movie 2nd
Godness.

First let me start by saying that i perfer the plot of the serie .. maybe it's because i know it perfectly ..but still that didn't prevent me from enjoying this beautifull movie.

They really went all out on the fights .. they went all out on the transformation scene
( nanoha & fate only )

This is based on A's?

Nanoha The movie 2nd
Godness.

( nanoha & fate only )

My anime of the year so far. They so perfectly condensed one of the greatest shows of all time and made the parts that really mattered so much better.

Also Vita <3

This is based on A's?

Yep. So god damn perfect.

wonzo

Banned
Aiura 1

aiura1.jpg

This has some really nice backgrounds and all (also crab x jobs op) but it's only 2:30 long once you take away the OP & ED's. Encouragement of Climb this is not.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit ep 91 (engdub)
tumblr_ml0skd2ZcX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I hope they keep the dub going but I wonder if they will ever air it on tv instead of keeping it on their official cardfight vanguard youtube channel exclusive. Id want to buy it on dvd and blu ray, good dub. Episode was great and Assistant Manager Miwa Taishi is so smart and good to have hanging around for commentary
with this round now back in JPN, will he no longer be Assistant manager ?

Will try to see 92 as soon as possible, hyped for Q4 v Super Rare.

Nanoha The movie 2nd
Godness.

( nanoha & fate only )

Problem is that the 'training arc' was like 1min long lol. Biggest problems iwth the movies is that Nanoha isn't really developed into anything.

Still fun stuff.

Problem is that the 'training arc' was like 1min long lol. Biggest problems iwth the movies is that Nanoha isn't really developed into anything.

Still fun stuff.

True ..they lack characterisation in A's but at least it had some scenes with fate & alicia.

Still regarding the training ..it lasted less than a minute but it was nicely animated ..
never expected wooden swords to be there.

That said movies is awesome but i prefer the Tv version of those events

the vast difference in animation budget between the show and movie is saddening... trying to watch strikeS again.... lawd.

At least they cut most of the god awful school stuff.

CorvoSol

Broken Blade 4

You know, I think I really prefer these shorter Mecha shows to the bloated, oversized and overbudgeted Gundam shitfests that have 50 runs (I will NOT apologize until Gundam puts out something better than the last three fucking awful entries into its series.). Broken Blade has accomplished more in its 4 episodes than 00 did in 40, and that's just a hilarious waste of capital and time.

Seriously, the battles in this show have been freaking great. The fights really feel like there's a legitimate amount of tension to them, whether it be the military engagements or the one on one matches. Nobody's mech, not even Rygart's Broken Blade/Delphine is actually that broken, since the Delphine can't run for more than 30 minutes, and is sort of a glass cannon.

Some things in this show bug me. For instance, in addition to Cleo who is 12 and looks 25 we now have Nike, who is 25 and looks 12. Probably intentional. And I'm not at all a fan of Queen Sigyn, because she keeps wailing over Rygart, even though she has Hodr as a husband, and he's a totally awesome Wizard King with a giant owl and stuff. Really would rather Rygart hooked up with Nygra, but I'm still not seeing things going that way.

Also this isn't helped that Queen Sigyn is a total moron who keeps their prisoner in her bed. Rygart's not exactly brilliant himself, but AT LEAST HE DOESN'T KEEP THE ENEMY IN HIS BED.

But I like that they've taken the time to show us how the main cast were all friends once, even if I think it's a fairly old and used trope in mecha.

I was pretty sad that General True died in this episode, as General True was a freaking badass with an awesome Super Saiyan Stache. But it seems that Total Psycopath Girghe is gonna avenge him, if he lives through his fight with Barcus the Butcher. This has been a pretty Anyone Can Die show so far, aside from the main 4.

Still fun stuff.

True ..they lack characterisation A's at least had some scenes with fate & alicia.

Still regarding the training ..it lasted less than a minute but it was nicely animated ..
never expected wooden swords to be there.

That said movies is awesome but i prefer the Tv version of those events

I don't really mind the lack of characterization since the movies are most certainly for the already established fanbase. Trying to shove character development in such a short amount of time would have made the movies slightly less great.

Though the first movie explored Fate's mom in ways we never saw in the TV series, so I guess that was good.

rewatching suite precure because I stopped like halfway, dont remember why. Show is quite sdburton. Also, really love the henshin music and the finishers.

cajunator

Banned
rewatching suite precure because I stopped like halfway, dont remember why. Show is quite sdburton. Also, really love the henshin music and the finishers.

The henshin music in suite is my favorite in the whole series. Heartcatch is second followed by the original.

I'd put Mercury above Moon. Moon was always worst girl for me as a kid. I mean, could she have been any more dense? That or Chibi Moon.

Oh heck no, all I remember now is my infinite hatred for Chibi Moon.

Sailor moon totally sucks. Everybody goes above her.

Shakugan no Shana II + OVA + Final

Finally got around to finishing the rest of season 2 and all of the last, and I gotta say, even though it was a bit difficult to keep track of everyone in Final, I really enjoyed the series overall. It was kind of annoying that a bunch of important stuff from the novels was obviously left out at some points, which I can pretty much tell just from checking out the illustrations alone. Really sucks that stuff was left out while there was such shit filler at the start of II, but I guess JC Staff gonna JC Staff.

As for how it ended, I would have liked a bit more closure for the normal characters from school and Yuji's family but other than that it was pretty well done IMO. Final was definitely my favorite season, mostly because it pulled away from the school life stuff which was without a doubt the weakest part of the series when it wasn't being used as character development for Shana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom