• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

The wraparound jacket band on the 10th volume of KAKERU's Magical Girl Pretty Bell manga is revealing on Wednesday that a television anime adaptation has been green-lit.
In the magical girl comedy, the divine Rin Rod transforms the user into the magical girl Pretty Bell. Two angels named Milk and Coca protect the Rin Rod and support the generations of Pretty Bells who have maintained peace among humans. The fifth-generation Pretty Bell has been selected … but the chosen one is not a pretty girl like fourth-grader Eri Misaki. Instead, the next Pretty Bell is the manly 35-year-old bodybuilder Atsushi Takada.
It seems that even the normal secondhand sources can't read Japanese today, or notice troll Twitter posts. We'll have to wait a bit longer before the wonder of manly moe will be animated, unfortunately.

Jintor

Journey was touching in a weird way as a connection presumably shared between many real life people but to say it was a genuine emotional experience is... I don't know

that said I don't really know how you would quantify a genuine emotional experience

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki 1

iWoXfdeb5shtF.gif

Some great animaton mixed in with some nice, relaxing backgrounds. TEAM AKU (not the shiteater aku) represent yo.

also
yuyushiki - 01

mom sensei > yellow > blue > pink

Jintor

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka or Is This a Zombie. It's mildly entertaining and doesn't really take itself too seriously. The english cast in particular know they're working on a D-Grade show and just roll with it.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka or Is This a Zombie. It's mildly entertaining and doesn't really take itself too seriously. The english cast in particular know they're working on a D-Grade show and just roll with it.

Thank you.

Your description would explain why I don't remember the end: might simply have dropped it. I'll give it a second chance anyway, just in case.

cajunator

Banned

This looks really hilarious. Like a magical version of Kamen no Maid guy. (anybody remember that? Please tell me someone remembers that!)

Journey was touching in a weird way as a connection presumably shared between many real life people but to say it was a genuine emotional experience is... I don't know

that said I don't really know how you would quantify a genuine emotional experience

Journey can be summed up with this piece of music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc

It looks like it will, indeed.

By the way, what was the anime about a magical boy who was also a zombie? I think I started to see it, but can't remember how it ends... I'll finish this season too ^^

Is this a Zombie? or Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka as Jintor said. Its hugely entertaining and funny and cute. Definitely was high on my interest meter and probably would be yours.

Articalys

The tweet text--"Amongst other things, for a second there I was shocked, thinking Magical Girl Pretty Bell is getting animated"--implies ANN may be jumping the gun here.
I don't understand. Did IEEE802 intentionally take a partially-obscured picture of the volume cover to mislead people at first or something?
What does the additional text in the second picture say?

Is this a Zombie? or Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka as Jintor said. Its hugely entertaining and funny and cute. Definitely was high on my interest meter and probably would be yours.

Looks like it would be fitted to watch with Date A live. I'll try to watch them together, I feel like my brain isn't dead enough recently ^^

Theonik

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 039
#TeamMakoto 4 lyfe
Sailor Mercury had a better sequence like this!

Jupiter > Mars > Venus > Moon > Mercury
I'd be more sympathetic to this list but Sailor Mercury at the bottom?

Next up on the Studio Ghibli Blu-ray list for Japan: a July 17 solicitation for Porco Rosso has been spotted.
BUYING. Can't wait to see Porco Rosso

As much as I love Porco Rosso, my first thought was "well, one more step towards Totoro and Mononoke blu-rays".
Totoro is already out in Japan and Europe and coming in the US in May.

Jintor

Actually my first thought would have been Maidman from Adam Warren's Empowered series.

I didn't think Zombie Desuka was cute... closer to lewd.

cajunator

Banned
Ben-to - 12 END

When I watched episode 11 I expected
the Ice witch to come back and fight, I didn't believe the prediction I made on episode 10.
So Sato being
a comedy character, gets his chance to act the cool guy.
I don't know how the Heracles Combo worked the first time,
three years ago the guys who did it weren't true wolves.
I'm just left with one question...we are going to see the Ice Witch owning again, right? Right?

Now I need my just sleep. =_____=~zzz good night.

Kagami

I don't understand. Did IEEE802 intentionally take a partially-obscured picture of the volume cover to mislead people at first or something?
What does the additional text in the second picture say?
Oh heh I didn't even realize it continued with a second image but yes, the second image makes it clear. The full text on the sash is, "Voted number one most-wanted magical girl TV ANIME ADAPTATION in a survey of people around the manga editor."

Urgh, what is up with this new genre of anime: moe kawaii school girls doing absolutely jack shit except delve in the areas of homosexuality.

We need more action anime these days :(

Articalys

Oh heh I didn't even realize it continued with a second image but yes, the second image makes it clear. The full text on the sash is, "Voted number one most-wanted magical girl TV ANIME ADAPTATION in a survey of people around the manga editor."
...I will kill him. Thanks for clearing things up, Kagami.

I have no idea how no one in the English anime blogosphere noticed the followup tweet and full jacket quote.

Kiddy Grade, huh? I dunno, maybe I'll put it on after GaoGaiGar. Trying to decide between that and Code Geass, which I am not a fan of the character designs in.

Eclair 2nd season form in Kiddy Grade is my waifu just letting everyone know. She is taken, avert your eyes towards someone else. ;)

On that note I'll give your list a shot. Yes I'm sure a majority has watched Gurren Lagann.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Damn, digging up some POST HISTORY for the SMACKDOWN.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
No sir.

Also remember when you ignored me when I was being helpful?

I was always on board.

This predates all of your posts save for the first one.

And I don't count posting a picture and the staff of the show as being hyped. There's no telling what you were thinking about the show at that point! By that logic we'd have to assume that Arti is hype for everything he posts news about!

(And I already explained why I missed your helpful post, damn it! The "Who Quoted Me" thing barely works!)

Theonik

This predates all of your posts save for the first one.

And I don't count posting a picture and the staff of the show as being hyped. There's no telling what you were thinking about the show at that point! By that logic we'd have to assume that Arti is hype for everything he posts news about!

(And I already explained why I missed your helpful post, damn it! The "Who Quoted Me" thing barely works!)
Besides he said before that he posts news about things he isn't hyped about all the time a few days ago. That Attack on Titan escape clause biting back!

Pooya

I can never watch something with character designs like that, those faces are instant deal breaker no matter how good it might be, I'm too shallow :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Besides he said before that he posts news about things he isn't hyped about all the time a few days ago. That Attack on Titan escape clause biting back!

Doesn't he usually post stuff about it because he's excited and then proceeds to care or not care depending on what follows? That's the impression I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom