• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It's not even that kawaii...

mdlc-camo-kawaii.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui

Not bad at all. Though I can see why it was left unaired. It would've been weird to see this during the normal series' run. Doesn't quite "fit", I guess. But Jintor was right, the ending was really nice.

And with that, I've seen everything Toradora! has to offer. :D/;_;

cajunator

Banned
If only, man. If only. ;_;

Thats how I feel about my coworker going through Link to the Past, Minish Cap, Zelda OOt, Zelda MM, Wind waker, Twilight Princess and skyward sword without any spoilers whatsoever for the first time. If only I could find a way to selectively forget all the Zelda stuff I played and experience it all over again like he is doing right now.

Thats how I feel about my coworker going through Link to the Past, Minish Cap, Zelda OOt, Zelda MM, Wind waker, Twilight Princess and skyward sword without any spoilers whatsoever for the first time. If only I could find a way to selectively forget all the Zelda stuff I played and experience it all over again like he is doing right now.

I just finished Zelda LTTP throughout last week and my god.....

pikachu-crying-o.gif

What has happened to zelda these days?

Theonik

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists.

Whatever... since I was beaten I'll point out the Yank name for it is The Pirates! Band of Misfits which is a rubbish name truth be told.
Pretty rubbish name I agree. I need to remember to see it one of these days.

Supposedly this is mechs season, but once again I wake up and we are talking about magical girls. Magical girls are forever.
Girls are forever so it only stands to reason that magical girls would stand the test of time even better.

jgminto

What about a show where the mechas are piloted by magical girls?

$$$

Screw you Jintor, stealing my idea. But is your magical girl mecha show also a harem?

Jintor

What about a show where the mechas are piloted by magical girls?

$$$

Screw you Jintor, stealing my idea. But is your magical girl mecha show also a harem?

it's a slice of life harem comedy afterschool club mahou shoujo mecha show. With a polar bear.

jgminto

Welcome to 1994.

Not moe enough for today's audiences. We'll design it like that show about highschool girls from that one studio and hire some idols for VO, tie-in soundtrack and visual novel voice samples. Then we'll set up a licensing deal with McWonalds for a mecha magical girl harem idol yuri show small coke that they'll charge twice the regular price for.

We'll make it big, gentlemen.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, Jintor. I keep watching those Ghost Stories dub compilation videos you linked to yesterday. It just NEVER GETS OLD, ahahaha.

You have enriched my life, good sir.

Jintor

I love gag dubs.

The one where he goes off on a monologue about Lost is amazing. Or the couple where they start mocking lip flaps or quick cuts.

cajunator

Banned
Zelda is still pretty good design wise. It just needs a bit of a different direction. But the problem is that it should never have guns, and it should never be too futuristic. So that limits what Nintendo can feasibly do with it. What direction can they go from here that will make it feel fresh and new again? Is it even possible?

Metrotab

Banned
I don't know about you guys but I'm getting good vibes for this season, both in terms of good, enjoyable shows and shows that are interesting to discuss. Much, much better than the Winter season.

The thread seems to be livelier too but that may be perspective bias since I'm involved with more shows.

Kurita

Nothing can beat the French dub of Hokuto No Ken. The voice actors changed the dialogues because they hated the anime and thought it was too violent. It's just filled with stupid jokes.

Steroyd

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting good vibes for this season, both in terms of good, enjoyable shows and shows that are interesting to discuss. Much, much better than the Winter season.

The thread seems to be livelier too but that may be perspective bias since I'm involved with more shows.

I think it's down to opinions on certain shows have more of a split like Aku no Hana rather than unanimously gushing over Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Same. It really feels like this is going to be a great season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Welcome to 1994.
I was gonna make a troll post about how the Latin America dub was better than the Japanese one, but I actually listened to it again and it's hilarious in how it completely bastardises the original. It turns out that this was not actually dubbed in Mexico, but rather somewhere in Los Ángeles. Further proof that Intertrack was the only dubbing company worth the bother. RIP Intertrack

EDIT: Great Intertrack dubs:

Dragon Ball Z

Digimon Tamers

Sailor Moon

Slam Dunk

Ranma 1/2

Ghost Sweeper Mikami

cajunator

Banned

There is definitely more to talk about but last season still a few interesting shows.

cajunator

Banned
I was gonna make a troll post about how the Latin America dub was better than the Japanese one, but I actually listened to it again and it's hilarious in how it completely bastardises the original. It turns out that this was not actually dubbed in Mexico, but rather somewhere in Los Ángeles. Further proof that Intertrack was the only dubbing company worth the bother. RIP Intertrack

EDIT: Great Intertrack dubs:

Dragon Ball Z

Sailor Moon

Slam Dunk

Ranma 1/2

Ghost Sweeper Mikami

Good lord. But it has its own nostalgic charm I'm sure.

Special Measures Unit: Stella Girls' Academy High School's C3 Club will be animated by GAINAX.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/stella/

Classy panty shot right in the promo art. Its Gainax alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom