• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

8CmNawH.jpg
:sdburton.

Jex

I said backlog season was over, but I remembered that Mouryou no Hako had another bonus special thingy. So I figured why not.

Mouryou no Hako 14/Special

This episode isn't really required viewing. It's basically a summary of the show from the perspective of Atsuko Chuuzenji, Kyougokudou's younger sister and reporting rival of Toriguchi. She doesn't have a big role in the show, so her outsider's perspective tells us a little about some major events without revealing anything new.

[...]

I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, but it didn't add a whole lot.
I don't think I've even seen this. Huh.

I really feel like the show needs a decent companion in the form of a guide or article but I'm not volunteering or anything because that kind of thing is a lot of work. I imagine it would help immensely though, because it's very easy to get lost.

Articalys

As was predicted by a few people, the Madoka Magica movie Blu-ray sets have now been listed on Right Stuf as a direct import.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/aE9H2CiqBrXxhO08eF/browse/item/98059/4/0/0 (BD regular edition, RS price $90)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/aE9H2CiqBrXxhO08eF/browse/item/98060/4/0/0 (BD collector's edition, RS price $105)

Note that, while the Japanese commentary is included on the disc, it won't be subtitled for the international release.

Theonik

For the World UK = England. You can't be that surprised.
You tell me. Valve's store is especially guilty of this. They let you choose Scotland or Wales but then force you to select a region from a drop down that only has England regions.
Not that surprised really.

Moonlight

Banned
I would buy a Tamako nendoroid.
If I bought nendos at all.
As was predicted by a few people, the Madoka Magica movie Blu-ray sets have now been listed on Right Stuf as a direct import.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/aE9H2CiqBrXxhO08eF/browse/item/98059/4/0/0 (BD regular edition, RS price $90)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/aE9H2CiqBrXxhO08eF/browse/item/98060/4/0/0 (BD collector's edition, RS price $105)

Note that, while the Japanese commentary is included on the disc, it won't be subtitled.
Haha, fuck that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still need to buy the Madoka blurays.

I was hoping that they would be cheap during HMV's closing down sales. Yeah...

Wait, I just read that bit on the Japanese commentary. Talk about day light robbery. Either sub it or cut it out completely and charge a more reasonable price.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They were already (relatively) cheap.

Regret not getting Princess Jellyfish when HMV had the blue sticker promotion.

I know, but I thought it was something to keep an eye out for. Of course I forgot that they just ship stuff back to the distributer so basically there was nothing but a few Bleach shows and some other things I've never heard of. Also they still weren't cheap.

DiGiKerot

I was hoping that they would be cheap during HMV's closing down sales. Yeah...

Wait, I just read that bit on the Japanese commentary. Talk about day light robbery. Either sub it or cut it out completely and charge a more reasonable price.

Cutting it out completely would require them to master and print a completely different set of disks, though, rather than just added a few hundred extra to their Japanese print run.

They were already (relatively) cheap.

Regret not getting Princess Jellyfish when HMV had the blue sticker promotion.

Princess Jellyfish was only legitimately discounted for about a week, though - most HMV stores increased the price so that, even when the discount was applied, it cost slightly more than RRP!

See!

So can someone describe the recommended viewing format for Yamato 2199? Like there are movies that are made up of the television episodes that don't necessarily cover everything and the currently airing television show should go past the movies?

I would suggest the BD's as the quality, though the only change in the tv airing is the song singers.

Ultimadrago

Note that, while the Japanese commentary is included on the disc, it won't be subtitled for the international release.

I wouldn't buy these for $20, much less $90.

Princess Jellyfish was only legitimately discounted for about a week, though - most HMV stores increased the price so that, even when the discount was applied, it cost slightly more than RRP!

4AzXhmX.jpg

See!

D'aaw. Look at the little jellyfish.

It'll help, since extra merchandise - light novels, toys, etc - are all that'll be selling outside of those mediocre BD/DVD sales.

And who knows, it might be like Hyouka where some of the week-one sales for the later volumes outsold the first's week1.
Is there a Tamako Market LN or are you just speaking in general?

And I don't really see that happening. It's not like the first episode was really bad or that other episodes were so much better than it. Though I'm no expert on this sort of thing, so we'll see.
It would definitely depend on the character for me*.
I don't see them, if they do make one at all, doing more than just Tamako, but we'll see.
I would buy a Tamako nendoroid.
If I bought nendos at all.

I love nendoroids, they're cute and small, perfect for decorating my desk with.

DiGiKerot

Wait, really? I have no sense of how big anime is in a lot of countries but something about this cracks me up. Now I kind of want to see a loli version of Braveheart or something.

Note - there's an annual theatrical event held in Scotland called - wait for it - Scotland Loves Anime, where a whole bunch of anime movies run over the course of a weekend.

In other words, I'm pretty sure it was a joke - Scotland doesn't really love anime any more than the rest of the UK, it just so happens the event organiser tends to work out of Glasgow (or so I gather).

D'aaw. Look at the little jellyfish.

I'm pretty sure the one of the right is cheaper because Clara drank the tequila.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's debatable whether Usagi is a pegasus who gains a horn or a unicorn who gains wings.
Doesn't Usagi (Super S and Sailor Stars spoilers)
get wings in the anime? The second option makes more sense.

That's the only thing I remember about Sailor Moon from my youth, by the way. Including the nudity in the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom