• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azumanga Daioh 5

Pardon me while I have a HNNNNNGeart attack over the Sakaki and Yomi in swim suits scene here. They must do this summer house thing more than once, though, because I know there are some antics that happen there that weren't in this episode.

One of the greatest moments in the show happens at the beach house.

/XX/

I've seen comments saying that the "no-name" staff members revealed for Stella Jogakuin are a sign of GAiNAX not having any talent available anymore, and I wanted to chime in here and say that I don't think it is fair to say that when this project seems to be, above all, positioned as an opportunity for young satellite studio Kichijōji Tron:

After all, the person circled in red here:

Vol.2:形なんてどうだっていいんだよ! | REGULAR | CGWORLD.jp said:
ipqD0mRbQuBWE.png

... is series' director Masayoshi Kawajiri, who has being a member of the new studio since its inception. Interesting as well to see this is officially mentioned as mainly a GAiNAX 'production' instead of additionally specifying its 'animation production' hypothetical role (http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/stella/), as it happens even when they are also announced as important producer/production committee member for a work.

I don't want to speculate that this project should be indicative of GAiNAX status as a whole, but instead want to speculate about what those "younger" ones that spawned from them can do on it!

Don't you guys get totally different dubs over there at Spain?
Nope, not always. We have always had a little of column A and a little of column B here (depending on the distributor).

Jarmel

Banned
That's the Toshihiko Sahashi swag coming through, FMP had great soundtracks, though I think his Gundam SEED work was better (as well as Simoun), it's criminal the last thing he has done in anime was Sacred Seven and fuck all before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtHTn-pzFF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZEmztqQvk

Yea I was raving about him earlier. All around fantastic composer.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53231988&postcount=1

I saw that he was the composer for FMP and so decided to go back and check the music.

I wonder who he pissed off to get relegated to garbage like Sacred Seven. I've been listening to some his other soundtracks and I still think his work on Big O was the best he's been at.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 51: Battle to the Death at Vermilion (Part One)

~ In other words, does rulership by the worst democracy provide better government than rulership by the best autocracy? ~

What is this? Romance, in my LoGH?! I don't mind it though, Greenhill and Yang fit with eachother perfectly. I really hope they both make it out of this battle alive though, we all know what happened to Jessica. I actually never picked up on Julian having feels for Greenhill.
Man, that was some gory stuff during the battle scenes. That one guy trying to hold his intestines in, damn. And fuck Truniht.

Mr.Jeff

Man, I keep looking at Yuyushiki and thinking that it's a pointless slice of life show where nothing really happens and that's it's basically made for me to watch and then I see the character design for the purple haired girl and I can't stop wondering what the hell is wrong with her face or rather her eyes.

Anyone know when/if Seikai no Senki V is getting another printing? Hesitated on buying it and now it's sold out. :/
Is this the new novel which finally carries on from where the book just after Banner 3 left off?

Theonik

Is this the new novel which finally carries on from where the book just after Banner 3 left off?
It's the 5th book yes. Though it caries from where the 4th left off which didn't get an anime.

They're not too pricey yet, and I pretty much already have one of the most expensive ones out of the way.
Planning to buy older Nendoroids beats out planning to buy theoretical Nendoroids that may or may not come to light at all.
I suppose you're right though I'd be shocked if we didn't get Tamako Nendos eventually.

cajunator

Banned
I need to get all the K-ON! ones first. I only have all the Mios so far, and one Ritsu, only because she came with one of the Mios. Still, I plan to eventually get them all.

Getting the Alter figures is even worse.

Dammit, I had mostly blocked Tsuritama's bombing out of my mind and then you had to go and remind me. And it's not a case like Chihayafuru where the sales seemingly don't even matter, either.

First in our hearts, last in the sales rankings. :(

Let us celebrate these criminally underappreciated shows and remember the good times.

Azumanga Daioh 5

Pardon me while I have a HNNNNNGeart attack over the Sakaki and Yomi in swim suits scene here. They must do this summer house thing more than once, though, because I know there are some antics that happen there that weren't in this episode.

oh you just wait. you havent seen Kaorin

Has anyone got a Nendoroid with the new head piece? They changed it recently so no idea how compatible they are with older figurines.
They did? I don't have any real recent ones, but I guess I'll see when the Miho one gets released.
I suppose you're right though I'd be shocked if we didn't get Tamako Nendos eventually.

There haven't been any Hyouka Nendoroids, let alone Chu-2 yet, and they only just started releasing Nichijou nendos late last year. So it might be a while yet.

/XX/

Anyone know when/if Seikai no Senki V is getting another printing? Hesitated on buying it and now it's sold out. :/
You can purchase it at honto (that is good ol' and fairly recommended bk1):

hontoネットストア - 星界の戦旗 5 宿命の調べ(5)/森岡 浩之 - 本
http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_25503284.html

The shipping can be cheaper with them than with other alternatives as well!

Nothing can beat the French dub of Hokuto No Ken. The voice actors changed the dialogues because they hated the anime and thought it was too violent. It's just filled with stupid jokes.

I know i'm late on the party ..but for those who have never experience this dub ..i just have to add that even censored, with the voice and dialog altered and full of jokes ..even with the cuts !! ( and believe me it's cut like crazy the story doesn't make sense ).

It was still considered too violent in france and even some politics wanted it off the air.

Anyone who enjoy hokoto no ken should watch the french dub ..it's a master piece.

Nafe

In memory of kayos, god rest his soul.

Add another |OT| to the growing list.

Okay. I updated the OT list which everyone can find here.

Yuyushiki 01

ibbx1XlkKSDy1Y.PNG

STOP! You violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence!

Psycho-Pass registered at over 120. Lethal disposal is authorized.

Haha, seeing this actually reminds me of someone who just held their items up over their head like that as they walked through the scanners so they couldn't scan the items. It was all just as a joke for TV or something but it shows you how easy it is to get around them if you were a person of that kind of mindset.

CorvoSol

Sogood.gif

One of the greatest moments in the show happens at the beach house.

Are we talking about
the PE teacher explaining about sex?

Are you talking about (spoilers for Corvo)
Osaka knife
?

I was thinking of the above actually.

Broken Blade 5

I officially hate Sigyn the most out of everyone in the cast now. Mostly because she seems to be a princess classic who exists for awkward fanservice moments, except she's a married woman. One of the best parts of this episode was when self-professed psycopath Girghe called Rygart out on his inappropriate conduct with the Queen. Hodr's there, waging this war to keep this woman alive, and having the weight of the deaths of good people on his shoulders, and what does she do? GO BEHIND HIS BACK WITH HIS BEST FRIEND. And the worst part is, she had her chance at Rygart when he was in school with them, and she said jack all to him, then hooked up with Hodr. Two-timing, scheming scumbag. I hope Sigyn dies and Hodr makes it out of this, because this Helen of Troy is toxic to all the men in her life. Aside from her two-timing, there's nothing to say about Sigyn's character, though, because the only other facet of her personality is literally to provide fanservice.

Girghe, meanwhile, in spite of being a psycopath and a traitor,
was
pretty awesome. Not only does he call out Rygart on his crap for slobbering over his best friend's woman, he mocks him for it in a glorious way "Beat me and I'll give you the Queen." and calls him out for ditching his team on a ridiculous quest to save his little brother, only to fail at that, and then chasing after him and abandoning the team again at the precise moment they need him most. In other words, he spends the entire episode delivering an amazing "The Reason You Suck" speech to Rygart. Best of all though was that he took out Nike in a truly brutal way, which is good because after two episodes I was already sick of that lady.

And Narvi survived the episode! Which is good, because Narvi is best girl in the show. Kinda sad that they didn't tell her
That General True is dead
but it makes sense.

And the fights! Oh boy, between his duel with Barcuse and his duel with Girghe, there were some awesome showdowns in this episode. The fights really are the best part of the show. The sound track really makes them work.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 03

Ahhh don't do this with mahjong!! Play it right!!
Main character is a girls magnet, his close friend, not and his a sick bastard.
Yay, we got more story.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 51: Battle to the Death at Vermilion (Part One)

~ In other words, does rulership by the worst democracy provide better government than rulership by the best autocracy? ~

What is this? Romance, in my LoGH?! I don't mind it though, Greenhill and Yang fit with eachother perfectly. I really hope they both make it out of this battle alive though, we all know what happened to Jessica. I actually never picked up on Julian having feels for Greenhill.
Man, that was some gory stuff during the battle scenes. That one guy trying to hold his intestines in, damn. And fuck Truniht.

Keep the impressions going. This show doesn't hold back at all.

Kurita

I know i'm late on the party ..but for those who have never experience this dub ..i just have to add that even censored, with the voice and dialog altered and full of jokes ..even with the cuts !! ( and believe me it's cut like crazy the story doesn't make sense ).

It was still considered too violent in france and even some politics wanted it off the air.

Anyone who enjoy hokoto no ken should watch the french dub ..it's a master piece.
"La technique de combat la banquette royale est née en Chine, lorsque la mousse tache/moustache."
The pun doesn't even make any sense :lol

Did they ever make a new dub by the way?

Jarmel

Banned
Broken Blade 5

I officially hate Sigyn the most out of everyone in the cast now. Mostly because she seems to be a princess classic who exists for awkward fanservice moments, except she's a married woman. One of the best parts of this episode was when self-professed psycopath Girghe called Rygart out on his inappropriate conduct with the Queen. Hodr's there, waging this war to keep this woman alive, and having the weight of the deaths of good people on his shoulders, and what does she do? GO BEHIND HIS BACK WITH HIS BEST FRIEND. And the worst part is, she had her chance at Rygart when he was in school with them, and she said jack all to him, then hooked up with Hodr. Two-timing, scheming scumbag. I hope Sigyn dies and Hodr makes it out of this, because this Helen of Troy is toxic to all the men in her life. Aside from her two-timing, there's nothing to say about Sigyn's character, though, because the only other facet of her personality is literally to provide fanservice.

Yea you definitely misread her character.

"La technique de combat la banquette royale est née en Chine, lorsque la mousse tache/moustache."
The pun doesn't even make any sense :lol

Did they ever make a new dub by the way?

"C'est la technique de l'école "otoko" , au couteau de cuisine !"

"rahhh n'oublie pas le sel et le poivre ! tu en aura besoin vu que je vais te cuisiner avec mes multi poings !!!"

[....]

No they never redid the dub.

To think that the same team also destroyed "city hunter" ... thankfully this time there was no cuts...

Now that i think about it , maybe the voice actors dubbing this were just hungry ?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You can purchase it at honto (that is good ol' and fairly recommended bk1):

hontoネットストア - 星界の戦旗 5 宿命の調べ(5)/森岡 浩之 - 本
http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_25503284.html

The shipping can be cheaper with them than with other alternatives as well!
If they ship internationally I'm not seeing it. I guess I can figure proxy stuff out...

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 10

So the first actual threat finally shows up. Dark Precure, the freaky lady from the intro of the first episode. One thing that always annoys me in these shows are when the characters are facing an enemy significantly stronger than them, and they go ahead and do their attack, fail because the opposition is too strong, and they're all like "It didn't work?!" I guess it's kinda necessary to establish that the real threat actually is that much stronger than them, but still. Seemed in Futari wa after a while that this was happening every episode. Hope this show doesn't fall into the same trap.

So who's the guy who's been saving them? There really aren't very many guys in this show, so it's hard to figure out. And I'm assuming that lady in the glasses and suit was Cure Moonlight. Cause she had that thing. And she made Dark Precure go away.

Articalys

Oh, by the way:

9GhTZXk.png

They just scrambled out a pair of Facebook posts about it too, though they still don't seem to realize that saying "England and Ireland" on their product page does not equate to "UK" for most people actually living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom