• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Suisei no Gargantia 1

What a fun opener. A little bit of action, and I dig the idea of this high tech soldier being stuck in the middle of nowhere Earth. Animation was consistent and I like the character designs. I'm just hoping it holds up for the whole run.

This is a one cour series, correct?

ya

Fool !! You're using common sense ... discard this common sense and embrace the glory of the magical transformations !!!!

Aye, aye sir!

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 06

I'm a Magiclad Girl, everyone is a Magiclad Girl.
This is the easist job to get ever.
Eu arrives to save the day, but in the end
Aikawa resolves everything with a
Touma Punch™.
Maybe
twintails
intention wasn't so obvious.

Welcome back!

And yes.

I was only gone in spirit. And in body.

So I guess I was just gone then? WOOP.

Only tangentially related, but I started reading the Full Metal Panic novels in Japanese for the first time. I'm 70% through the first book, and man, being able to read the characters' thoughts + all the little world details make for a very different experience. I love FMP, but everything is just so much more fleshed out. Can't wait to plow this series, finally.

Kagami

Jesus, how do they pick the worst episode of that show to be number one?

That's actually a list of "most DVRed episodes," which is people programming it to record before they've seen it, so the episode content itself isn't super relevant, more just the show as a whole is being recorded that much.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 11

So, wait, does that kid know that Tsubomi and Erika are Precures? The fairies talked to him, which I'm fairly sure they aren't supposed to do, and then the two of them were still there when the kid's brother woke up. He probably doesn't know, but they should be more careful. Then again, I guess their enemies know at least what Tsubomi and Erika look like, so some blown identity to some kid in their class wouldn't be their biggest problem.

I swear, Dark Precure and the fabulous dude are the only interesting villains so far. The head one is almost as unimpressive as Dark King.

BluWacky

That's actually a list of "most DVRed episodes," which is people programming it to record before they've seen it, so the episode content itself isn't super relevant, more just the show as a whole is being recorded that much.

Apologies for the error! I guess that explains why From The New World always showed up - not because of popularity, but because it aired at 3 o'clock in the morning...

kazebyaka

Banned
Daily Lives of High School Boys 1-12
tumblr_lxl7wmhKor1qmzn3po1_500.gif

Just finished watching this show, all episodes in one day. And i must say, that it's freaking hilarious. It's not always funny, but most of the time definitely. I'm not a huge fan of walls of texts, so all i can say is that you must watch it. It's great. Literary Girl encounters are best, also imaginary fantasy quests.

Well I hope they were less disappointed since they didn't have to stay up late to watch such an ass (literally and not) episode.

Old definition.

new definition here :"women who like Sword art Online."

There are so many of them. SO MANY. I think a lot of that herd might have moved to Magi, if recent trips to Animate are any indication. They were doing some kind of kuji event, and the line of women looped around the store and even went outside.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 07

What's one plus one?
Let's get all of the holidays over with one episode.
Girls magnet!! Girls magnet!! Nice glasses.
Lacrosse Eu with twintails. So cute. <3

cajunator

Banned
Okay. I updated the OT list which everyone can find here.

Psycho-Pass registered at over 120. Lethal disposal is authorized.

Haha, seeing this actually reminds me of someone who just held their items up over their head like that as they walked through the scanners so they couldn't scan the items. It was all just as a joke for TV or something but it shows you how easy it is to get around them if you were a person of that kind of mindset.

Nafe I need the source of your avatar.
I NEED IT.

Everyone's sweetheart of 2012 is coming along nicely

PNDYNv0.jpg

hhhhhnnnnnnngh <3

Collaboration: Toriko x One Piece x Dragonball Z special
tumblr_ml10re4o7c1qfbz1so1_500.gif

A few odd faces in the toriko segment but then second half made up for it with great fight scene, though oddly hilarious that after the fight scene the last few minutes was basically a picture drama, characters talk over a single image...First half was just not all that great or special/anything to write home about and was just largely based on trying to figure out in which world would say Zoro or Zebra be able to be strong enough to fight Vegeta or that Toriko would somehow be able to stand against Goku's abilities...Oh and the outcome was just not good
predictable that Mr. Satan would stand, no way the anime would try to imply who was stronger

Probably in the minority of dbz fandom, but Goten and Trunks are my favorite and their whole moments was excellent Gotenks in both moments utterly hilarious.

Fun. Oh also DBZ voice actors are atrocious, feel bad for people who had to watch the entire anime with them, Goku sounds like a seasoned citizen lady and a complete mismatch for the role, Gohan sounds like Goku so thats even more of a mismatch, Kuririn = Luffy?

One other minor thing, in the one piece segment of it, why they use Toriko fight music from the soundtrack instead of a song from One Piece, in the Toriko half of it, they actually used Toriko songs, wholly.

UtaPri 2

*swoon swoon wet undergarments etc*

I think I appreciate that this show is completely ridiculous instead of doramatic. Wakamoto is pretty much hamming it up every time he gets a chance to speak.

Isn't Wakamoto pretty much either being awesome or hamming it up now anyway.

I don't know if random generators are still verboten or not, but this one was too good to pass up.

"_____ girls doing _____ things, animated by _____"

Eventually I landed on "Royal girls doing Astonishing things, animated by J.C.Staff", which I judged to be close enough to Zero no Tsukaima to count, and decided to stop.

Grouchy girls doing Toothsome things, animated by SHAFT

AOTY material.

yami4ct

I don't know if random generators are still verboten or not, but this one was too good to pass up.

"_____ girls doing _____ things, animated by _____"

Eventually I landed on "Royal girls doing Astonishing things, animated by J.C.Staff", which I judged to be close enough to Zero no Tsukaima to count, and decided to stop.

All these I got were terrible except this one.

"Aware girls doing Steadfast things, animated by Studio Ghibli". I'll take it!

yami4ct

Someone defending the Magi anime in the Toonami thread......this makes me real sad. As someone who's just gotten really into the manga, the anime adaptation is the saddest thing in the world.

yami4ct

You guys really need to find that review. ToonamiGaf really needs to know that SAO isn't a show they want to have. If it was just a bad action-adventure show, that'd be one thing. The fact that it's actually a strange harem show makes it completely different.

Jintor

You guys really need to find that review. ToonamiGaf really needs to know that SAO isn't a show they want to have. If it was just a bad action-adventure show, that'd be one thing. The fact that it's actually a strange harem show makes it completely different.

I don't know man. I think that might actually be kinda worth it.

tongue.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I posted the two I did find. I don't think we could handle SAO so soon after GPX.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 08

Mask Donalds is a brilliant idea, instead of asking for smiles you ask for poses.
Sera-nyan. <3
Haruna tsun tsun dere tsun tsun dere.
Where's Eu? Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom