• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Devil Survivor 2 01
The serious moments in this episode were so ridiculously hokey, from that annoying voice for the AI system to the
death scenes
. The show managed to make a
post apocalyptic getting fucked up by demons
Japan look so damn ordinary and ho hum which was just bizarre. It looked pretty decent but everything about it generally felt nonsensical.

Never played either of the games but yeah if the anime is anything like those then I don't have a whole lot of interest.

Bleh.

Devil Survivor 2 has a problem in that the main story is actually mostly unrelated to the demons. They only have 12/13 episodes here, so they decided to just throw in the demons, since they're necessary for battles and to make it actually seen like a Megaten entry, but really give no focus or explanation about them because it won't be relevant to the main story aside from being the fighting force of the main cast. So, no demons attacking people or causing chaos by roaming around after their brief introduction apparently.

However, even in the game itself, Devil Survivor 2 does suffer from things being seemingly too light hearted at times for an apocalyptic setting.

Speaking of Toonamigaf

Yeah, I've been liking Magi quite a bit. It isn't as great as Soul Eater by a long shot, but it is plenty of fun. I will also say that I enjoyed Sword Art Online. Sure, it peaked in the first few episodes and had a poor second half, but I am not sure why people seem to hate it so much.

I think Anime GAF tends to be a little insular in it's opinions.

Just reinforces my opinion that AnimeGAF is up its own butt. :)

Insular butts!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For 7th:
iLOtWp9rPpSq9.jpg

Precure antagonist chick drawn by everyone's favorite artist, Yuji Himukai.

First minutes of sain seya omega 52 .....

Cool music ...
Nice of them to focus more on the gold saint and the old heroes..

Nice opening i guess BUT

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS :

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2052_01.jpg

Check the red arrows if you don't see him

What is this ?
Is that a helmet ? Who did this design ? Who the heck is responsible ?
Does he need a light or a head torch built in the cloth ? is this an april fool joke ?

WHY

WHYYYY

NeonZ

What is this ?
Does he need a light or a head torch built in the cloth ? is this an april fool joke ?
WHY
WHYYYY

I guess you haven't followed any previews about Omega Season 2 at all?

yami4ct

First minutes of sain seya omega 52 .....

Cool music ...
Nice of them to focus more on the gold saint and the old heroes..

Nice opening i guess BUT

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS :

What is this ?

WHY

WHYYYY

The first thing that came to my mind is he looks like a kid version of the dudes from Sky Commanders. Not sure why that is.

One Piece x Toriko x DBZ Special

The race was pretty boring except for that moment when Goku trolled Luffy and Toriko by leading the entire way, teleporting back to save earth, and coming right back to tie with them.

The fight between them was much better and while I admittingly haven't read or watch Toriko, I did like those Kugi punch attacks of his. All 3 being disqualified wasn't shocking and Mr. Satan being crowned the winner certainly brought a smile to my face.

Last part with the giant monster wasn't anything special except showing off some of the others. DBZ Abridged memories did cause me to laugh unintentionally when Goku was charging for the Spirit Bomb (for 5 minutes) while Luffy and Toriko were distracting (getting pummeled) the beast.

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar Final 6

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. GENESIC GAOGAIGAR. HHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNG. HEROIC SACRIFICES AND J'S EYE AND LAYING DOWN THE DANG GUM LAW WITH YOUR GIANT LION THEMED MECHA.

SO GOOD.

I guess you haven't followed any previews about Omega Season 2 at all?
I now understand some reactions from duckroll that i remember lightly .. but i hadn't looked at all the stuff they annonced.

I only knew about more episodes and some evolution in the old cloths for the previous characters.

The first thing that came to my mind is he looks like a kid version of the dudes from Sky Commanders. Not sure why that is.

It's worse.. it's reminding me of the worse fillers of the original sain seya season.
This isn't something that should be tolerated.

Burn it .. kill it .. banish it in another dimension.. WHAT horror !

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2052_02.jpg

Hi My name is saori , also called godess athena i could one shot most of the character in the universe but i'm always nerfed right before the start of an arc. I also make stupid decisions from time to time and rely a lot on luck .

This is stupid.
Athena ordering an assasinnation on another godess ?

Why.gif

Even if the part on the powers is true. Why does this mean war ? If she doesn't want harm , why does her soldier go to war ? What is this stupid escuse ? Are godess the most stupid character types in the sain seya universe ?

Just no .

NO at this character i can't accept it .. I have given a chance for haruto and i still dislike him after 52 eps but this one ? NO.

Please #animegaf...
I will give a gift to the member that will link this post back to me in the event that i like this guy later.

I'm not kidding ... i refuse to accept this....

in short :
79BJA.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Oh my lord. The first half of your first episode is a recap?

Also looks like the picture quality in general went down the shitter. Like I'm watching the VHS version.

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam ZZ-1

This was the worst first episode I've seen in my life. No hyperbole or exaggeration.

We have a poorly directed recap with smatterings of new info sprinkled somewhere and a Char's Mobile Suit quiz randomly thrown in that takes up like three minutes.

yami4ct

Gundam ZZ-1

This was the worst first episode I've seen in my life. No hyperbole or exaggeration.

We have a poorly directed recap with smatterings of new info sprinkled somewhere and a Char's Mobile Suit quiz randomly thrown in that takes up like three minutes.

Yep. It only gets worse. Then it gets better, but by then it's too late. Bail out now!

Gundam ZZ-1

This is hilarious to me, as I finally watched all of Z last year. After finishing I jumped to ZZ, and only made it four episodes before I quit. The tone shift just made me so angry, the opening was awful and the animation/art quality took a nosedive into shit land.

Plus the first episode being a ridiculous recap just infuriated me. Good luck sir. GOOD LUCK.

This is hilarious to me, as I finally watched all of Z last year. After finishing I jumped to ZZ, and only made it four episodes before I quit. The tone shift just made me so angry, the opening was awful and the animation/art quality took a nosedive into shit land.

Plus the first episode being a ridiculous recap just infuriated me. Good luck sir. GOOD LUCK.

Whoa. Whoa.

I'm fine with hating on ZZ (it deserves much of it), but did you just hate on Anime ja nai?

That I cannot abide.

CorvoSol

Gundam ZZ-1

You mean to tell me there's still one more awful Gundam show for me to survive?

I . . . don't know that I could survive that.

Azumanga Daioh 6

Poor little Kaorin. Her perfect lesbian moment utterly ruined by Mr. Kimura, who is so awful he could probably turn any girl off of guys for awhile. His speech was utterly moving, though: FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRST PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEE!!

Anyway, today we were introduced to the Sixth Ranger or Lancer or whatever: Ms. Kagura. Kagura is there to basically be almost as good as Sakaki, but nowhere near as adorable. She is, sadly, only like, 4th best girl. If that.

Best part of the episode was Yukari hauling it out of there after her students came to ask her to make good on her promise of juice.

Doesn't she have any boys in her class?

fertygo

Play SRW to got the best ZZ's experience.

Or any other bad mech title

You mean to tell me there's still one more awful Gundam show for me to survive?

I . . . don't know that I could survive that.
ZZ are right into your alley bro.

Sain seya Omega 52
i've already said what i think about the new guy ...

Now on the rest ..well the rest wasn't bad

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2052_04.jpg

New design of the cloth is good

I like the new cloth design .. i like the logic behind it ..i like the fact that the transformation is more old school.

Good stuff

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2052_05.jpg

Burning your cosmo is always the answer

Kiki and her apprentice are back. I liked them so it's fine .. Here my hoping that we will see more of them this season.

Ignore the horrible character and the episode would be great .Unfortunatly he is "On" so this episode becomes painfull and barelly acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom