• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

D5vy48d.jpg

Oh god, totally repressed my memories of DMW. That show offended me on every level. It almost brought out SAO levels of hatred. Yet I continued to watch. For what reason? I shall never know.

You also forgot Samurai 7.

A lot of shit has already been aired on New Toonami, and it's only been one year.

yami4ct

You also forgot Samurai 7.

A lot of shit has already been aired on New Toonami, and it's only been one year.

True, I've only been watch Casshern Sins and Soul Eater. I've ignored the crap. Still, SAO is a completely different level of bad from the other stuff. Well, perhaps GXP comes close.

Jarmel

Banned
If they'd meant for her to be likeable or intelligent they could've started by giving her a defining trait that wasn't "wants to cheat on her husband." And then proceeded to let her do likeable, intelligent things. Instead she stays in bed with Cleo all day and gossips about Rygart.

What could I possibly be missing about this chick?

It's really Rygart who was the dick. I don't remember how much the anime covers in this regard but
Rygart up and left her during the military academy. She didn't really want to marry Hodr and was always in love with Rygart. This is painfully clear that the marriage between the two was a political one that neither really enjoyed as Hodr is aware that she loves Rygart. Rygart just flat out ran away despite Hodr offering to sponsor Rygart during the academy. My personal interpretation is that he suffers from an inferiority complex and being at the academy was too much for him. I also remember her trying to confess to Rygart at the academy and he tried to dodge it.

Nanoha StrikerS 10-13 (rewatch)

ibqaKe8qkEEPNf.jpg

This is the most depressing thing I've seen all day.

Closest thing this show has gotten to mage vs. mage so far. But even then a lot of these episodes were SOL/more plot that doesn't include a gigantic beam to the face. I want to get to the last quarter again so badly, that has rad moments.

Arve Rezzle: Mechanized Fairies

Of the animator training projects, probably definitely the best. The plot was pretty solid all throughout (though it felt like some scene was missing
they go from talking to just then appearing right in front of the lady, could have been smoother or something but time constraints I guess
, good sci fi and technology and gadgetry, and really compelling concept. Whoever made the source deserves to be praised as well as having actually good visuals cues and such to match it. Loved the HUD's as well as the extremely generous motion blur or such effect on the WatchDog's eyes. Electricity effects as well
Remu's whole action scene taking the heavy damage and the numerous ways they caught her off guard disabling them was fantastic

NLN sounds more potent than SAO was

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Daily Lives of High School Boys 1-12
tumblr_lxl7wmhKor1qmzn3po1_500.gif

Just finished watching this show, all episodes in one day. And i must say, that it's freaking hilarious. It's not always funny, but most of the time definitely. I'm not a huge fan of walls of texts, so all i can say is that you must watch it. It's great. Literary Girl encounters are best, also imaginary fantasy quests.

I… don’t like this wind. The wind always snatches away what’s precious to me. I’ll stop this wind. One day, for sure.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Devil Survivor 2 01

So I take it this anime is about as shitty of a representation of the game as the Persona 4 anime was?

Because this was downright awful. Boring as shit, characters completely uninteresting, story even more so. The serious moments in this episode were so ridiculously hokey, from that annoying voice for the AI system to the
death scenes
. The show managed to make a
post apocalyptic getting fucked up by demons
Japan look so damn ordinary and ho hum which was just bizarre. It looked pretty decent but everything about it generally felt nonsensical.

Never played either of the games but yeah if the anime is anything like those then I don't have a whole lot of interest.

Bleh.

Daily Lives of High School Boys 1-12
tumblr_lxl7wmhKor1qmzn3po1_500.gif

Just finished watching this show, all episodes in one day. And i must say, that it's freaking hilarious. It's not always funny, but most of the time definitely. I'm not a huge fan of walls of texts, so all i can say is that you must watch it. It's great. Literary Girl encounters are best, also imaginary fantasy quests.

Lit Girl is best girl.
i9DRexutKosub.jpg

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 16

Man I can't stand Irma. She's so . . . so . . . so not-Seyla.

Oh man, does Char ever get over Lalah? Ah, well, at least he knew her. Amuro killed her and met her like, once. Freaking sweet aerial battles in this episode. Kinda weird thinking of Amuro piloting something other than a Gundam, though.

But I gotta say the Gundam ain't as cool as the Hiaku Shiki.

Straight Title: Robot Anime 10
tumblr_ml2ixmHCc11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Only two more episodes to go, Ill kind of miss it when that time comes. All the JPN wordplay and stuff was a bit difficult to follow, though did catch a few words. They do make me laugh so perhaps they are close to their goal. Simulations three for three at being hilarious with Suspicious Beings (above) and Kissing being the best.

CorvoSol

Oh god, Toonami should have that season of Haruhi on it. I would love to see how Toonami Gaf falls into utter chaos because of that filth.

The further away from having watched Haruhi I get, the less I'm sure I ever really liked it. It had its moments, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom