• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Is this a key visual? Old? I can't tell...

old, but really cool.

Daily Lives of High School Boys 1-12
tumblr_lxl7wmhKor1qmzn3po1_500.gif

Just finished watching this show, all episodes in one day. And i must say, that it's freaking hilarious. It's not always funny, but most of the time definitely. I'm not a huge fan of walls of texts, so all i can say is that you must watch it. It's great. Literary Girl encounters are best, also imaginary fantasy quests.

Literary girl is some of my favorite sketch comedy in anime.

For 7th:
iLOtWp9rPpSq9.jpg

Precure antagonist chick drawn by everyone's favorite artist, Yuji Himukai.

Ohhhhh. BEAUTIFUL

Here's a question for Precure fans. Which seasons do you think has the best/worst Cure naming themes?

Nice question ..

From Worse to best

1-yes precure
What does dream, rouge , lemonade, mint and aqua have in common ?They are all variants of cocktails but i'm not sure that what the "Yes" is for

2-fresh precure
Doesn't fit the theme IMO

3-smile precure
For a smiling theme , i don't see the naming link well

4-precure splash star
Fitting names for a theme that doesn't seem to be there

5-heartcatch precure
Awesome names , now some name doesn't fit the flower theme well ( while some do ) why? marine & dark are guilty of this

6-dokidoki precure
Card theme , easy to understand if you've played cards in your life

7-suite precure
Theme on music , easy to pick and understand

8-futari wa precure
Duality of theming ( light + dark ) .. then they added shining so it's simple and effective

I'm taking into account only the names not their usefullness as a character.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Here's a question for Precure fans. Which seasons do you think has the best/worst Cure naming themes?
I dunno, they are all pretty eh.
I don't know why. I should be asleep. Yet here I am chatting about Heartcatch. What am I doing?
You have become a Brocure.
i'm actually fine as her role
she was both a supportive sister and a confident.and a damnsel in distress in so many doujins /artworks.
I'm just saying, there are a lot of colours they didn't use.
I see you guys there, cosmic, reg, I fucking see you.

You better watch yourself or I might report you to the THOUGHT POLICE.
woah wait what

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam ZZ 4 and quick skip through 5-

I can't do this. I don't even care about the tone shift. The damn thing is just boring as fucking dirt.

I see you guys there, cosmic, reg, I fucking see you.

You better watch yourself or I might report you to the THOUGHT POLICE.

Where, Toonamigaf? I was there when it started for Deadman and then came back for Soul Eater. Seeing semi-live reactions to shows you like (or hate) can be fun.

The way some of you folks talk about Precure, even I'm a bit curious.

Is it actually any good? And if so, is there a good place to start from that won't make me hate the franchise? I've been trying to watch stuff outside of my safety zone these days.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Is it actually any good? And if so, is there a good place to start from that won't make me hate the franchise? I've been trying to watch stuff outside of my safety zone these days.
It's a magical girl show for really little girls. Watch Heartcatch if you are interested. It's the most "outsider-friendly" one, and also the best.

stryke

Damn, just read that Noboru Yamaguchi has passed away. Zero no Tsukaima was a series I marathoned through last year and I really liked it. Apparently he wanted to continue writing but couldn't due to cancer...real bummer.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Yes.

The majority will tell you to watch HeartCatch first. I honestly say start with Smile. Reason being is that Smile is great and will get you into the Precure series so you can fully enjoy and be blown away by HeartCatch when you do watch it. Doing it backwards will leave you saying "Smile was good, but its no HeartCatch".

Precure is good stuff

A safe watch would be heartcatch pretty cure that has nice actions , cool characters , some :sdburton and mascots that are tolerable.( if not awesome )

Smile season and fresh season are also nice starting points.

Articalys

Do you have to constantly pick away at Art? Seriously. It's sort of stupid.
To be fair I've brought some of it upon myself. I figure we'll lightheartedly banter away until the conversation thread peters out.

I don't know what the Tokikake picture is supposed to be implying though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
To be fair I've brought some of it upon myself. I figure we'll lightheartedly banter away until the conversation thread peters out.

I don't know what the Tokikake picture is supposed to be implying though.

It's one thing to bring bad shit on yourself. It's another when another person just creates an environment that is possibly toxic and promotes stupid behavior which I feel is what wonzo is doing. I won't speak on your behalf though.

Shergal

Yes.

The majority will tell you to watch HeartCatch first. I honestly say start with Smile. Reason being is that Smile is great and will get you into the Precure series so you can fully enjoy and be blown away by HeartCatch when you do watch it. Doing it backwards will leave you saying "Smile was good, but its no HeartCatch".

Well, you can also just watch Heartcatch and be done with it. Unless, of course, you get an interest in the franchise that goes beyond HC's qualities as a show.

CorvoSol

Broken Blade 6

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

They weren't kidding when they said it was going to be no real resolution there. Still, at least the major conflict got resolved? I suppose the idea was that there would be more and it just did not happen. Which is sort of a shame, because this was not a half bad mecha show. Most surprising of all was that Rygart's mech never developed special powers or went Super at all.

Still don't like Sigyn, but at least Hodr didn't die so that she could foist herself on Rygart any further. Downside is both Sigyn and Cleo survived the show, which disappoints, because they were lame, time-wasting characters and Sigyn's Ultimate Weapon was some hilarious FF7 rejected Yuffie weapon.

That said, between Rygart, Baldr, and Narvi, there was some seriously awesome fighting going on in this final episode. Freaking Barcus and his Rape Tentacle mech going down was a really kick-a moment.

All-in-all, not a bad show.

So now I'm in need of another non-Gundam mecha show. I'd planned on watching Mazinkaiser, but Cajun thinks I should watch Kiddy Grade. Are there any other Mecha shows people would highly recommend? Macross Frontier looks pretty but I've never watched an episode of Macross in my life.

zeroshiki

So now I'm in need of another non-Gundam mecha show. I'd planned on watching Mazinkaiser, but Cajun thinks I should watch Kiddy Grade. Are there any other Mecha shows people would highly recommend? Macross Frontier looks pretty but I've never watched an episode of Macross in my life.

Only pretty if you like stabbing your eyes with sharp objects.

And you should watch the superior Macrosses which are basically everything else not Frontier.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 11

Something is wrong when Haruna has to give you a lesson,
principally about strings and super strings.
A Vampire Ninja
Orchestra is called upon to fight off the CG monsters menace.
And to end it we get
something Eu could have done since the beginning.
Such a cute smile and voice.
Next episode: Swinsuits, swinsuits, swinsuits, ho!

CorvoSol

Only pretty if you like stabbing your eyes with sharp objects.

And you should watch the superior Macrosses which are basically everything else not Frontier.

It seems I misspoke. Google image confirms what you've said, but I could've sworn I'd seen a pretty Macross gif floating about here in Anime-GAF.

zeroshiki

It seems I misspoke. Google image confirms what you've said, but I could've sworn I'd seen a pretty Macross gif floating about here in Anime-GAF.

I really like Sheryl Nome's design. I also like her character. The love triangle/story of MF is perfectly cromulent. Its just that the mecha "fights" are so offensive I'm sure there's a section about it in the Geneva Convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom