• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most impressive achievement of mai otome is the escuse with the nanomachines making sure they would be no males even remotely near the casting.

sperms > nanomachines.

Also something about the star under the moon and shit.

I remember liking the manga too. Think it was entirely different though.

Pachael

Fine, they save it for when it's important

I fucking lost it when the kaichou lay down sideways on the table for the interview, and then the interviewer was like "I guess I have no choice" and lay sideways on the table too to do the interview. Completely deadpan Pfft.

That's Hata, ain't it? She's the best, even with the one-note deadpan jokes.

Hajime no Ippo 75 fin

The finale. Ippo vs Sendo fight II round 7, after Date beating Ippo as a challenger, he went for the world title, the Japanese featherweight title spot was open, leaving Sendo and Volg fighting for it. Sendo wins with a questionnable judge outcome. But Sendo doesn't feel like a champ and he wants to fight Volg again, unfortunatly he has to leave and go back to Russia as his club terminated his contract. :( Without Volg, the only man who can challenge him is Ippo, and thats what happens. They don't fight for the belt, they fight for each other's pride! Ippo takes it to the final rounds through his tenaccity and willpower, both fall down multiple times and get up stronger, they become stronger as they fight, limitations cease to be limitations and the cornermen can't throw in the towel, they both wanna see how far they can take this, despite possible permanent damage to the boxers. Sendo's smash and Ippo's liver blows were dealt in big quantities. Ippo Makunouchi stats: 13 fights, 12 KOs, 1 loss

hajime9nipf0.png
hajime11kvou3.png
hajime12repwn.png

Were it not for the liver blows that caused Sendo to have a slower reaction in the 5th round, his last smash would've crushed Ippo. Nevertheless, ippo masters the complete version of his technique: liver blow, Gazelle punch and Dempsey roll all in one:

My verdict: it was a great anime, every fight was exciting even when the protagonist wasn't fighting. It was inspiring, it focused on the hardships of becoming a boxer and gaining strength, training, resist wordly desires, willpower and the fighting spirit to never give up. The opponents were not bad guys, matter of fact you sympathize with them, they all wanna reach a certain goal and the show does a good job explaining why. Its a must watch even if you don't like boxing.

My score is an 8 or 9.

Saint Seiya Omega 52
tumblr_mkzoybKJvw1rxyeyoo3_250.gif

Subaru is a really cool addition to the cast and great interaction with Kouga. Hope he tags along for the journey this season the whole way. I wonder what Steel abilities he has beyond just typical physical moves.

I wish Pegasus Fantasy was the op, I miss it and then not hearing its various themes anymore, but at least the same songs from first half is still with us. Liking the plot so far.

zeroshiki

If this were JojoGAF there would be some individuals complaining about how it doesn't capture the spirit of the original and whine about how it omits a bunch of leads to the Jinchuu arc.

Good thing AnimeGaf has taste then!

The major lead in to the Jinchuu arc (
Enishi seeing Kenshin kill Tomoe
) still happened in Tsuiokuhen anyways. Besides, the Jinchuu arc is overrated. The part shown in the OVA is the best part of Jinchuu. The rest is stupid revenge shit and Watsuki coming up with dumb enemies.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 53: A Sudden Turn

~ So this is what they mean, by the "death of a nation". ~

And the funeral march of the Free Planets Alliance begins. Mittermeyer and von Reuental end up saving the day by going behind Yang's back (and Reinhard's too), and forcing the Alliance government to surrender. I wonder what will happen to Truniht now and whether he will have a continued role in the Alliance administration. The Earth Cult was awefully quick to subdue poor Bucock.
Reinhard is quite frustrated, as his personal battle with Yang almost ended up in failure, yet won through the tactics and foresight of someone else, in this case Fräulein von Mariendorf. That leaves a bit of a stain on his legacy of military genius, which might make him look non-deserving of Imperial authority, which was fueled by exactly that military acumen. Poor Reinhard! Then again, Mittermeyer and von Reuental are his selected Admirals though, so their victories are his victories too.
Looks like Merkatz will lead the continued rebel effort. Ironic how an old order aristocrat Admiral is now in charge of the republican guerrilla effort.

trejo

AKIBARANGER S2 1

The first third was a mix of flashbacks with new stuff and the rest was pretty much entirely new "flashbacks" to fill in the story up till now. Pretty fun stuff!

I'm gonna
miss the old Blue ranger but I'm sure they'll find a good enough replacement. also dat :shyamalan ending

I must watch this.

Saint Seiya Omega 52
tumblr_mkzoybKJvw1rxyeyoo3_250.gif

Subaru is a really cool addition to the cast and great interaction with Kouga. Hope he tags along for the journey this season the whole way. I wonder what Steel abilities he has beyond just typical physical moves.

I wish Pegasus Fantasy was the op, I miss it and then not hearing its various themes anymore, but at least the same songs from first half is still with us. Liking the plot so far.

i know we all have our opinions ... i respect yours.. but still :

I don't see what made him a cool addition.
He managed to deal no damage on a generic Level-3 vilain . Heck even kiki , the gold saint got a level 2 opponent and was badass. And then again , even a bronze saint (koga) just beat the guy without trying.

I mean if he wasn't on the ground with his hand armor parts broken ( because they totally were ). If he had showed something , then maybe he would had been "cool" but so far and aside from the design that i don't like , he showed nothing special worthy of praise.

i know we all have our opinions ... i respect yours.. but still :

I don't see what made him a cool addition.
He managed to deal no damage on a generic Level-3 vilain . Heck even kiki , the gold saint got a level 2 opponent and was badass. And then again , even a bronze saint (koga) just beat the guy without trying.

I mean if he wasn't on the ground with his hand armor parts broken ( because they totally were ). If he had showed something , then maybe he would had been "cool" but so far and aside from the design that i don't like , he showed nothing special worthy of praise.

I thought he showed good potential, friendly rivalry, inspiring Kouga, to even potential for teamwork. Good promise.

MSZG 17

OH GOD IRMA YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH. QUIT TRYING TO TAKE KAMILLE'S GUNDAM AWAY FROM HIM AND GIVING IT TO AMURO. UGH WHY CAN'T YOU BE SEYLA?

In this episode we're introduced to Four and the Psycho Gundam. These Cyber Newtypes are apparently the basis for the Extendeds and Innovatdoadoarass in SEED and 00 respectively. The Psycho Gundam is not so different from Destiny's Destroy Gundam. The battle was also reminiscent of the Behemoth Arc in FMP, in which a modified human pilots a larger than average mobile suit.

OH GOSH IRMA YEAH WHY NOT PRY INTO MIRAI'S LIFE AND JUDGE HER? Seriously, for as twerpy as Kamille is, he's just a twerp. Beltachika Irma is legit an awful character.

Beltochika is pretty much the most awful Universal Century character of all time. Despite how much I love Zeta, pretty much every scene involving her was rage inducing. (Fortunately, she doesn't play too large of a role in the series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom