• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Majestic Prince ep 2 Tiger & Bunny edition

Even in the future far far away Niconico and it's comments lives still on.

Not much flashy beams and fights this time but the linkage with the blue mech is fucking cool. The rise and fall of MJP in one episode.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
RurouniZel =

:cajun(Zr+:chet) + (Ca+d)
NeP/:firehawk(CO)

Zr = Zettai ryouki
Ca = Consistent animation
d = design
NeP = Non-existent Plot
CO = Catchy Opening

Pooya

codecogseqnknrn9.gif

yes, this is an stupid post :|

Steroyd

that is amazing.
should make more of these specific to other posters.
Unless there already is.

KBHS7AM.gif

I think the CuteGirlsDoingCuteStuff should be squared at the very least. The more there is, the exponentially DTL begins to dislike the show.

I was going for that except with more boys and action the more he likes it (failed lol). That said the DTL equation doesn't account for death either.

Basch

Majestic Prince is interesting... it's alright I guess, not near as bad as I thought it would be. It does get annoying on occasion, but the brief spouts of humor remedy this fairly quickly. I like how the first episode encapsulated the idea of hope. It's really risky to send in the underdogs, but it could really pay off in a big way if handled right. They can stand as symbols and beacons for the ongoing war, but it seems the second episode kind of threw this all away with all the negativity, giving a feeling that we're almost back right where we started. Don't get me wrong, the show still proves interesting despite the new direction. I loved one of the last scenes in particular with the Boss pointing out how the mechanics would rather have machines coming back in pieces rather than the pilots. A little nice feel-good message. Forgive my poor writing as I'm just briefly typing down notes. The next episode looks like filler though with a obligatory surprise attack amidst some R&R time swimming/at the spa.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
This is getting way too complex.

Actually I missed part of the equation. Let me amend.

RurouniZel =

:cajun(Zr+:chet) + (Ca+d)
NeP/:firehawk+:sdburton(CO)

Zr = Zettai ryouki
Ca = Consistent animation
d = design
NeP = Non-existent Plot
CO = Catchy Opening

Darker than Suou - 6

ibus0ibZxY3Ejo.jpg

Hello operator? I think I've lost it.

This was just about the most awkward way to end an episode ever, and somehow the KanaHana insert song made it weirder. Also the direction and animation are getting progressively worse and I think I'm going to die if I see that Suou transformation sequence one more time.

yami4ct

Where are you, Nafe? No one has wished me a happy birthday yet, and that's only making my quarter-life crisis worse!

Wait, quarter life? That means you're either a little older than me or a little younger depending on when your saying is the "end". Not sure which one bothers me more, haha.

Happy Birthday, I guess.

Attack on Titan - 1
I can't believe I waited so long to finally watch this. I loved everything about it from the melodrama to the art style and everything in between. My favorite first episode of the season.

Suisei no Gargantia - 1
This was very solid. I'm not too big on thrusting into a battle from the get-go with little setup, but the light show that resulted from it was certainly a spectacle. The second half of the episode was what sold me on it.

Yuyushiki - 1
Surprisingly pleasant. I liked it.

---
With Aku no Hana, Attack on Titan, and Gargantia, this is looking to be a very exciting season for me.

Thanks everybody! Didn't want to be that guy by bringing attention to it, I just get anxious on my birthday these days.

Wait, quarter life? That means you're either a little older than me or a little younger depending on when your saying is the "end". Not sure which one bothers me more, haha.

Happy Birthday, I guess.

26. The crisis has been going on since I finished college, heh.

Majestic Prince 2

This was a fun episode. The humor and non-action scenes worked much better this week. I actually laughed at several points. The overall tone and atmosphere is much clearly now after these two episodes. And I think I'm sold on this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom